Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The leaderboards need some changes....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default The leaderboards need some changes....

I think it's time to see the following leaderboard changes:

1) all leaderboards except "Top Player" should reset at the end of each season. A similar change was made to the leaderboards in Battle Command, and it was a good thing. It will make the leaderboards more competitive, and make it so that new players can actually compete.

Obviously "Top Player" cannot be reset since it is based on Achievement Points which cannot be had more than once. But the leaderboard for total kills or flags should be based on how many you have that season, just like the timed runs leaderboards also get reset. There are players who have not played in a year who still are on the leaderboards.

2) How about some decent rewards for making the leaderboard, other than a banner. For the week-long Goblin event, they gave an arcane shard and very rare exclusive pet for making the leaderboard. But for the regular leaderboards which are much harder to achieve, nothing except a banner? How about some better prizes? It would add some more competitiveness to the game.

3) I have proposed in the past that new "hard" achievements must be added in order to make the "Top Player" leaderboard functional. We are reaching a point where almost everyone on the leaderboard has every single possible achievement point, and soon the Top Player leaderboard will mirror the PvE Kills leaderboard.

In the absence of some new really hard achievements being added, I suggest that a new formula be put in place to calculate the tie breaker similar to what is used in ranking "Top Guilds" leaderboard. Some formula that incorporates all of your stats including PvE Kills, CTF Kills, CTF Flags and TDM Kills. At least then we would have a proper ranking instead of just choosing the player with the most PvE Kills. There is already a separate leaderboard for that.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

They can add the same for events LB. For each event have most points, most PvE Kills, and fastest time (normal & enhanced). Resetting PvE, PvP LB just leads to cheating. No point in doing this. And no one who has CTF flags is going to agree to reset this even though we all know the issues. Just create seasonal LB. This has been covered many times already almost no point to discuss it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Yes there should be a separate LB FOR CTF, PVE , TDM, FLAG PVP PER SEASON.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    They can add the same for events LB. For each event have most points, most PvE Kills, and fastest time (normal & enhanced). Resetting PvE, PvP LB just leads to cheating. No point in doing this. And no one who has CTF flags is going to agree to reset this even though we all know the issues. Just create seasonal LB. This has been covered many times already almost no point to discuss it.
    Lol its not reseting the overall, normally we got overall flag then we got the seasonal flags LB.

Cheat like kill farming? Well sts can track this imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

If its not season who want to beat boss 3million pve kills?

Or ipred 80k pvp ctf kills?

Top 3 ctf kills is from karma its up to you guys, most LB players are my members in karma.

We are being fair to suggest this so everyone got a chance

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Daddyblu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Energizeric constantly amazes me. The first idea was so fantastic, I actually thought I had a chance of making the leaderboards.
    Last edited by Xenobiotic; 06-16-2014 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Retract inflammatory statement.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyblu View Post
    If its not season who want to beat boss 3million pve kills?

Or ipred 80k pvp ctf kills?

Top 3 ctf kills is from karma its up to you guys, most LB players are my members in karma.

We are being fair to suggest this so everyone got a chance
    Like you say, me i have give up for enter in lb pvp or pve. So i only try run rec but it s hard to beat a team with 3-4 players arcane ring...the lb should not be the hell. Srsly ! It s fun to do 10k flags ? Who take pleasure to do that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Well those are decent ideas Ener but guess who's not going to like seeing them implemented? Yep, those who used exploits that have now been fixed to get where he/she is. This goes for both PvE/PvP and Timed Runs LB's.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Thumbs down no no no no

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think it's time to see the following leaderboard changes:

1) all leaderboards except "Top Player" should reset at the end of each season. A similar change was made to the leaderboards in Battle Command, and it was a good thing. It will make the leaderboards more competitive, and make it so that new players can actually compete.

Obviously "Top Player" cannot be reset since it is based on Achievement Points which cannot be had more than once. But the leaderboard for total kills or flags should be based on how many you have that season, just like the timed runs leaderboards also get reset. There are players who have not played in a year who still are on the leaderboards.

2) How about some decent rewards for making the leaderboard, other than a banner. For the week-long Goblin event, they gave an arcane shard and very rare exclusive pet for making the leaderboard. But for the regular leaderboards which are much harder to achieve, nothing except a banner? How about some better prizes? It would add some more competitiveness to the game.

3) I have proposed in the past that new "hard" achievements must be added in order to make the "Top Player" leaderboard functional. We are reaching a point where almost everyone on the leaderboard has every single possible achievement point, and soon the Top Player leaderboard will mirror the PvE Kills leaderboard.

In the absence of some new really hard achievements being added, I suggest that a new formula be put in place to calculate the tie breaker similar to what is used in ranking "Top Guilds" leaderboard. Some formula that incorporates all of your stats including PvE Kills, CTF Kills, CTF Flags and TDM Kills. At least then we would have a proper ranking instead of just choosing the player with the most PvE Kills. There is already a separate leaderboard for that.
    I disagree with reseting LB,; Reason being,; Im one of the few legit players in the game (meaning non-dummy farmer) and ive worked long and hard to get on LB for CTF kills, since ctf with no pets, so all my work erased would really upset me v.v IGN: Secretservice
    Last edited by Madxnoob; 06-16-2014 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Forgot IGN :-p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Well those are decent ideas Ener but guess who's not going to like seeing them implemented? Yep, those who used exploits that have now been fixed to get where he/she is. This goes for both PvE/PvP and Timed Runs LB's.
    All the more reason for these ideas to be implemented. So that other players can have a chance to be on the leaderboards. Not just new players, but maybe players like myself who did not take advantage of past exploits.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madxnoob View Post
    I disagree with reseting LB,; Reason being,; Im one of the few legit players in the game (meaning non-dummy farmer) and ive worked long and hard to get on LB for CTF kills, since ctf with no pets, so all my work erased would really upset me v.v IGN: Secretservice
    You have already received your banners for that past work. No reason why you deserve a banner for season 6 if you did not get any CTF kills during season 6. There are a few players who haven't even played the game in a year or more, like Patrick, who still get banners and are on the leaderboards. That should not be the case.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Yeah maybe you right..If reset LB, I think i'd be #1 n CTF kills, but I definitly wouldnt want them reset if they dont put some kinda trigger on dummy farmers cause ill never catch back up to LB...I cannot compete with dummy farmers for real...ive seen people go up 10k kills n two days..rediculous..so then again, I disagree with resetting LB.. sighs also, ive seen samhayne say that there is no chance of reseting LB n the future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There should be a section consisting of Deathless players on the LB ^_^
    Delivering Crits all over Arlor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

The overall will be be reset due to AP,

Guys its not like we are going to requesting to reset all, there will be a over all leader board for ctc, tdm, pve and pvp.

also another LB for seasonal.

This way we can see who are the best player per season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

What about Top Players with tied AP's? Would the pve kills that are used to substitute be reset in that category?

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

2 Leaderboards, both next to eachother. One could be the current looking leaderboard and the other could have some kind of theme to do with the newest expansion (this one could be dragons?) and the original leaderboard would contain all time records and the other would contain the same statistics, but only for the current season.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzther View Post
    2 Leaderboards, both next to eachother. One could be the current looking leaderboard and the other could have some kind of theme to do with the newest expansion (this one could be dragons?) and the original leaderboard would contain all time records and the other would contain the same statistics, but only for the current season.
    Yup 2 Leader Board will do.

1.) Over All Leader Board ( THE OLD AND BORING LB BOARD)( contains of relic players also players who already quit lol!)

2.) The Leader Board By Season ( Cool new leader board - Much challenging - Best player per season - With MVP!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyblu View Post
    Yup 2 Leader Board will do.

1.) Over All Leader Board ( THE OLD AND BORING LB BOARD)( contains of relic players also players who already quit lol!)

2.) The Leader Board By Season ( Cool new leader board - Much challenging - Best player per season - With MVP!)
    Grr, Blu! Just cuz I have played since season 1 does not make me a relic!

Gives Blu a Gibb's smack!

+10 for adding a seasonal LB to the good old fashioned standard LB that already represents all the long hours and blistered fingers for many of us sentimental (ahem) 'relics'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Grr, Blu! Just cuz I have played since season 1 does not make me a relic!

Gives Blu a Gibb's smack!

+10 for adding a seasonal LB to the good old fashioned standard LB that already represents all the long hours and blistered fingers for many of us sentimental (ahem) 'relics'
    I would accept a B_ 0_S smack

wont worry leo your not that old

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

A LB per season has been suggested since the dawn of time, i cant find the thread but devs response to this was "A flag count or a kill count cant be tagged with a specific date or probably within a set of date". They will probably have to recode most of the PVP systems which will enable them to sandbox the duration of the season. Anyhow I've seen people catching up to top 25 with 10k flag! If they can do it you guys can too if you're willing to put your backs into it but of course (insert reason here) and who wanna sit all day flagging?

cents for ctf lb
    Last edited by epicrrr; 06-17-2014 at 01:56 AM. Reason: because i can :)
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree