Thread: Itemization System? Nothing new yet...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Default Itemization System? Nothing new yet...

The new itemization system that's going along with the current expansion indicates that there will be new items released every so often... What items? It's been 3 months since the game was expanded and we only have what we started with! The only thing new is event items.... is that it? And the new mythic items coming soon..... is that all that's to be released? What about new vanities, items, pets, etc. Is there anything new coming that is non-event related, long-term lootable, general items? I don't see anything new in comparison with past expansions. Has the new event system replaced the preplanned itemization?

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Good question. Carapace had said a while back that he expected that there would be more (and maybe better) items for sale for Dragkins teeth in the future. But so far I have not seen anything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Yes, I too noticed a lack of new items. Only items added have been those from the goblin event. I am actually happy with this though. Crate drop gear always let's people cheap out and skip on the elite drop equivalents. Additionally, beginner warriors are using shield weapons now.

If anything is to be added in, I would hope it is through dragkin teeth as Energizeric pointed out was alluded to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

I think the itemization is integrated with the events system! I hope there will be an ursoths legendary bow that procs damage. Dags aren't for me anymore.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm guessing we are not going to see any Ursoth weapons other than the mythics. I think the legendary event gear will be armors and helms, and possibly rings, but maybe not rings as I don't think they are going to want to mess with archons.

The key here is to make something interesting without rendering elite farming useless. I don't think they will mind out doing magma armors and helms, since mythics are better than those anyway. But I doubt they will out do the farmable elite legendary weapons, and maybe not archon rings either.

Remember that we still have a few months left before the next expansion, and most of that time will NOT have an event. So from that perspective, they still want it to be worthwhile to farm elites.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

The issue here is that if they are using these events as the means to introduce new gear via there itemization plan then elite farming will just die. Everyone will just run event portals and elite farming will come to a stand still because there is nothing worthwhile to farm during and after the event. Dragon teeth bought items might help drive some to run elites but we have yet to see even a worth while item from the vendor.
    Last edited by Midievalmodel; 06-17-2014 at 12:30 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis
    I think the itemization is integrated with the events system! I hope there will be an ursoths legendary bow that procs damage. Dags aren't for me anymore.
    Ditto. Dags dont make me look very thekthy

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel
    The issue here is that if they are using these events as the means to introduce new gear via there itemization plan then elite farming will just die. Everyone will just run event portals and elite farming will come to a stand still because there is nothing worthwhile to farm during and after the event. Dragon teeth bought items might help drive some to run elites but we have yet to see even a worth while item from the vendor.
    Exactly the point. The current elite sets are beginning to fall to over-saturization. Demand is steadily decreasing for the sets as well as the incentive for running elites. We need something new to fire the incentive back up.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

It would be nice if they replaced the elite drops after several months. Make the currents drops move down to normal maps or remove them all together. They need to keep elite farming viable for all free players. If there is nothing to farm there is no point in playing. Hopefully these p2p events will not be the means by which they introduce the new gear. If this is the trend you effectively remove all desire to run elites and anger people more severely than they are already.