Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 4-5 Twinking

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Level 4-5 Twinking

Hey there Pocket Legends community, I was curious on why there aren't level 4-5 twinks.

Before the updates came along a while back people twinked level ones for fun. The same idea follows with levels four and five now, considering that is now the requirement to use the stash.

The level 5 idea, yes I understand it will be interrupted by level tens with plat packs and twink weaponry, but you can always boot them or host with a lower level. The other difference from four and five would be a lot more variety in gear. As you know, the level 10-20 bracket people could switch from exp set to nuke then alch after the fight for regen. With these low level brackets you would only have enough stat points to equip one specific set and stick with it unless you respec.

Such as: dex roles could use arti/exp, while int with alch, and of course str with arms/blacksmith.

I find it would be very interesting to play in this bracket because of the weapons each person would use, because they would have to farm them.

All of the other brackets, I'll use 10-20s for example, buy yourself a hw set and or a plat pack and you're almost given a positive kd. The 4-5 brackets would be similar to the level one twinking weapon wise, considering they would have to find what they wanted to use.

These are just the ideas that came to mind, if anyone supports or doesn't support this bracket I'd very much appreciate a response. Thanks for your time.

-Determinedfox/etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I can understand that people enjoy this level bracket and by no means is this a bash towards them, but in my opinion, level 4-5 consists of auto - attack and healing, and nearly nothing else. It doesn't require much...advanced movement I guess, and when I tried it, I was not involved at all, rather I felt almost like I was watching someone else play because of how basic it seemed. Just a difference in opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    level 4-5 consists of auto - attack.
    Level 4/5 consists of three/four skills if I'm not mistaken, and people enjoyed level one twinking when all there was, was auto. That's why I figured this would be more interesting. Still good twink armor (level 5 gear) but yet, not the full set. So people can't depend on their gear to win them most fights. This is where the classes will varie because people love bears/mages in higher levels, but here it will most likely be rhinos/foxes for their high dps and rhinos heal. We don't know yet though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

No offense to all you low level twinkers, but I seriously do not get how spamming 3 skills is fun. You literally only have 3-4 skill points to use. There's no diversity in skill builds, there's a limited amount of gear, and all you do is auto and SPAM 3 SKILLS. I dunno how I feel about this level range, but I surely feel boredom towards it.
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I don't feel as if it is more fun than the all fast* paced higher level PvP, but for when you feel like slowing down and feeling lucky. And or, you're low on cash. Or have extra to spend, this takes 30k for arm, the rest is farmed. It's "Noob Friendly" as most would call it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Openi View Post
    Level 4/5 consists of three/four skills if I'm not mistaken, and people enjoyed level one twinking when all there was, was auto. That's why I figured this would be more interesting. Still good twink armor (level 5 gear) but yet, not the full set. So people can't depend on their gear to win them most fights. This is where the classes will varie because people love bears/mages in higher levels, but here it will most likely be rhinos/foxes for their high dps and rhinos heal. We don't know yet though.
    Actually I think that your gear argument is absolutely wrong. At a level where every point matters because the skills are so low and the margin for error is so high, gear is the #1 aspect of level 1-5 PvP because its all so straightforward.

Also at level 5, if I'm not mistaken mages have heal lightning and frost bite, and rhinos have charge and heal, while everything else is pretty much useless because of heal.
    The only class at level 5 that's useful and that still uses more than 2 skills is mage, which also has a range advantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I don't feel as if it is more fun than the all fast* paced higher level PvP, but for when you feel like slowing down and feeling lucky. And or, you're low on cash. Or have extra to spend, this takes 30k for arm, the rest is farmed. It's "Noob Friendly" as most would call it.
    This is very true, and why i believe that it's cool to enjoy. I'm just telling you what you wanted: my opinions on the level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And I thank you for your opinion, and I didn't mean that the gear didn't matter in my statement above, I meant weapon wise. People would have to grind for a specific weapon they wanted if it wasn't already in cs, as there isn't a huge variety of options when you search for above decent weapons in 1-5 unless you farm it. I'm not trying to persuade anyone into it, when I reply I am also giving what I think as you are for me. The only disadvantage to this bracket other then what we have stated is activeness, the whole reason I made this topic was to get a few more people in there just to try it.

And upon what you were saying over the healing capable classes; rhino & mage. I do agree with what you've said, And understand it. But I believe a fox with its kick/darts/leap it would be able to (in time) take down a mage/rhino if it had the right gear. Example, foxes depend on dodge. Make it a strength fox, eq. Armsman for dodge, and there are even pink hammers that range it could use, and it would have great dps like those classes would heals. I'd just like to try these thoughts. You know? Before everyone knocks it out of their choices.
    Last edited by Openi; 06-17-2014 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

And I thank you for your opinion, and I didn't mean that the gear didn't matter in my statement above, I meant weapon wise. People would have to grind for a specific weapon they wanted if it wasn't already in cs, as there isn't a huge variety of options when you search for above decent weapons in 1-5 unless you farm it. I'm not trying to persuade anyone into it, when I reply I am also giving what I think as you are for me. The only disadvantage to this bracket other then what we have stated is activeness, the whole reason I made this topic was to get a few more people in there just to try it.

And upon what you were saying over the healing capable classes; rhino & mage. I do agree with what you've said, And understand it. But I believe a fox with its kick/darts/leap it would be able to (in time) take down a mage/rhino if it had the right gear. Example, foxes depend on dodge. Make it a strength fox, eq. Armsman for dodge, and there are even pink hammers that range it could use, and it would have great dps like those classes would heals. I'd just like to try these thoughts. You know? Before everyone knocks it out of their choices.
    It's not powerful enough at that level to overcome 2-3 heal. Gotta have damage buff or combos to beat it. It's got none man.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Laar View Post
    No offense to all you low level twinkers, but I seriously do not get how spamming 3 skills is fun. You literally only have 3-4 skill points to use. There's no diversity in skill builds, there's a limited amount of gear, and all you do is auto and SPAM 3 SKILLS. I dunno how I feel about this level range, but I surely feel boredom towards it.
    Ikr -20 pvp is sooooo boring its not funny, spamming 3 skills and auto untill other dies...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Impact View Post
    Ikr -20 pvp is sooooo boring its not funny, spamming 3 skills and auto untill other dies...
    12-21 is pretty fun IMO, there's a lot that goes on in those levels. If you're interested in seeing it all click the link under my sig xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just decided to make a 56 bear, this bracket wasn't going anywhere. ; p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I have 7, only reason I like it is because I played it since 2010/11

Worst sig EU, got bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

The main reason I don't PvP lower than 50 is simply because of regen. I really dun like how the regens for these twink levels are crazy low and that some people needa rejoin everytime a match finishes. Kinda pointless I think.

I find it quite annoying that you have to switch sets in between or after fights just for regen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    216 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sheugokin:1689422
    The main reason I don't PvP lower than 50 is simply because of regen. I really dun like how the regens for these twink levels are crazy low and that some people needa rejoin everytime a match finishes. Kinda pointless I think.

I find it quite annoying that you have to switch sets in between or after fights just for regen.
    This too. I used to do 35 with the most OP pink Halloween gear, but I had little regen. Even with voodoo, the mana regen wasn't enough. This mattered especially during mage vs mage fights, when both of us ran out of mana it became a heal/auto fight and it was so boring.
    ya YEET

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

This too. I used to do 35 with the most OP pink Halloween gear, but I had little regen. Even with voodoo, the mana regen wasn't enough. This mattered especially during mage vs mage fights, when both of us ran out of mana it became a heal/auto fight and it was so boring.
    This never happens at level 35, unless you both use MS and don't take advantage of the other person using early MS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    262 Posts

Why nobody wants to do lvl 5 twinking? Ill tell you why.

Mages are OP. A mage cant beat a mage. A mage cant beat a rhino. A rhino cant beat a mage. A rhino cant beat a rhino. Endless fights. That, of course, is true only when they both have most points in heal and both wear a pink lvl 5 int armor.

Other classes are useless. A mage can easily freeze, kite and run. Mana never runs out.

Level 5 twinking was fun back when there was no lvl 5 legendary crafted gear and laddering still existed.

Seriously, there is nothing better than level 1 PVP in the forest troll arena these days.
    Last edited by LEVEL ONE; 06-20-2014 at 05:06 AM.
    Beware of the Tinfoil - it's coming...

Arendelle's in

deep

deep

deep

deep

snow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I was fighting a mage on my level 5 rhino, the fight took 6mins