Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theory

Coalhouse

Default Conspiracy Theory

I don't wish to appear paranoid, however the invasion of Tindrin has been bothering me:

Goblins invaded Brackenridge and Littleridge, the Rooks started killing travelers in Ydra (rather than just extorting money from them). The undead were bombarding Kraag and pirates raided Windmoor Harbour. A frost giant and his minions invaded / reclaimed Nordr and Inan Hesh took over an entire planet. Fine, they got what was coming to them.

However, other than Tarlok's mount (who may well have been under some form of duress), has anyone seen a dragon outside their enclave? Has anyone seen any of the damage that they have supposedly caused? Do we have any testimony to these attacks other than the word of Jorrick (a dodgy character if ever I saw one)?

Is Jorrick the frontman for a commercial cabal consisting of Rifka, Pahbi, Ashrum and Kaden, so that they can get hold of Tindrin's natural resources? Is "Captain" Oarswood taking kickbacks to provide transport? Are General Clurg and Auvin in on it and what of Kanduar's "experiments"?

On no evidence whatsoever we have invaded a sovereign country, slaughtered a technologically inferior people, and further endangered an already vulnerable species with the wholesale destruction of eggs, young and adults alike. Some of us (you know who you are) have even taken to wearing the severed remains of their victims as some sort of gruesome trophy.

Now don't get me wrong, as a barbarian and pirate, I am broadly in favour of atrocities and looting. However, if a few people are getting rich off the back of it we must be told!
    Last edited by Coalhouse; 02-07-2015 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Punctuation.

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Coalhouse For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Oh boy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

i like it, very waheedski-esque.

Do everything you have said you will do.
    Do not encroach on the rights or property of others.
    Treat everyone as you wish to be treated.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amicusdei For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I thought about this too, the whole tindirin invasion thing bothers me. We basically went to a random island and commited a genocide of native tribesman and slaughtered their sacred animals(dragkins) and the worst part is the tribesman probably aren't evil. They were just defending their land from invaders.

;-; Did we learn NOTHING from Pocahontas?

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Legallyblonde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

You are one of pirate that invaded my windmore harbour? You are "getting rich from back of it" actually, traitor!

Btw you are creative pirate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hozukreti For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    I thought about this too, the whole tindirin invasion thing bothers me. We basically went to a random island and commited a genocide of native tribesman and slaughtered their sacred animals(dragkins) and the worst part is the tribesman probably aren't evil. They were just defending their land from invaders.

;-; Did we learn NOTHING from Pocahontas?
    And also, the dragons might be their god...
    And there is one tribesman Who you meet in the wilds(the questgiver) Who says something like:
    "To teach you that not all tribesman is violent"
    Wich means we are slaughtering innocents, that might not even want to fight.
    But, on a sidenote, we have Done the exact same thing to trulle since tdm was released.
    And sometimes we accidentaly hit trulle, and what do we do? Get mad that trulle was in the Way...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ClumsyCactus For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amicusdei View Post
    i like it, very waheedski-esque.
    I like that - Waheedski-esque

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waheedski View Post
    I like that - Waheedski-esque
    *liketh

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coalhouse View Post
    I don't wish to appear paranoid, however the invasion of Tindrin has been bothering me:

Goblins invaded Brackenridge and Littleridge, the Rooks started killing travelers in Ydra (rather than just extorting money from them). The undead were bombarding Kraag and pirates raided Windmoor Harbour. A frost giant and his minions invaded / reclaimed Nordr and Inan Hesh took over an entire planet. Fine, they got what was coming to them.

However, other than Tarlok's mount (who may well have been under some form of duress), has anyone seen a dragon outside their enclave? Has anyone seen any of the damage that they have supposedly caused? Do we have any testimony to these attacks other than the word of Jorrick (a dodgy character if ever I saw one)?

Is Jorrick the frontman for a commercial cabal consisting of Rifka, Pahbi, Ashrum and Kaden,, so that they can get hold of Tindrin's natural resources? Is "Captain" Oarswood taking kickbacks to provide transport? Are General Clurg and Auvin in on it and what of Kanduar's "experiments"?

On no evidence whatsoever we have invaded a sovereign country, slaughtered a technologically inferior people, and further endangered an already vulnerable species with the wholesale destruction of eggs, young and adults alike. Some of us (you know who you are) have even taken to wearing the severed remains of their victims as some sort of gruesome trophy.

Now don't get me wrong, as a barbarian and pirate, I am broadly in favour of atrocities and looting. However, if a few people are getting rich off the back of it we must be told!
    I do believe there hath been testimonies of atrocities by the inhabitants of dragon enclave. Not so long ago afore the knowledge of enclave invasion, my uncle Jamal wor sitting upon a rock in Tindirin, how he got there is a mystery but my uncle has always been a mystery, some say he was never the same when aunt Matilda ran off with the milkman, anyhoo....

I received a post via pigeon mail from my estranged uncle Jamal, which I gave to the generals of Arlor, who upon this very post decided we must invade Tindirin, for our safety was at stake.

Dear nephew Waheedski,

Please forward this letter in haste to the generals who protect our world, for our world is indeed in danger!

To the mighty Generals and defenders of Arlor ~

A perilous island I be stranded at which I have lovingly called Dragon enclave, where I overheareth the mighty Rendtail dragon wanting to destroy arlorians because 'they all belong to us'.

There is a hatchling that is awaiting to hatch, a troll that is nothing short of an abomination, a fearsome dragon by the name of Alargan, who does nothing but lick his lips in anticipation of inflicting pain, an arachnid that cocoons and sucks the life out of any poor creature and finally the dastardly Rendtail, who spends most of the time hanging off a cliff!

These creatures have fierce loyal followers, tribesmen, shamans and other odd worldly beasties, for the preservation and security of Arlor, one must invade for we do not belong to them!

Arlorians to arms! HUZZAH!

P.S Do not worry about me nephew, with ingenuity these vicious tribes people now believe I am one of them. BTW I married one, I had no choice otherwise I would have been stewing in a very large pot. When you come over I'll introduce you to your new aunt - aunty Ug-ug.

Love uncle Jamal.
    Last edited by Waheedski; 06-18-2014 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Busy pickling onions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

If you read the pop ups from Alargan, one of them says "Get out of my home!"

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Is Jorrick the frontman for a commercial cabal consisting of Rifka, Pahbi, Ashrum and Kaden,, so that they can get hold of Tindrin's natural resources? Is "Captain" Oarswood taking kickbacks to provide transport? Are General Clurg and Auvin in on it and what of Kanduar's "experiments"?

best and most creative bit of writing in this subforum. love it. Nominated for community spotlight.
    Last edited by deadcobain; 06-18-2014 at 09:23 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to deadcobain For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

So no one is going to mention the poor spiders eh? Not only they got kicked off the mainland by the tribesmen and are not forced to live in fear hidding inside the caves; but was that all? Of course not! You *had* to take the one path to Rendtail which involves invading their new home and driving their kind to extinction - even assaulting and killing their queen! The heroes, technologically superior race? Hmph, you mean cavemen!

Btw doesn't that yellow spiders-tribal environment-volcano combination remind RS to anyone else? Like Karamja fishing spot surroundings lol?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    So no one is going to mention the poor spiders eh? Not only they got kicked off the mainland by the tribesmen and are not forced to live in fear hidding inside the caves; but was that all? Of course not! You *had* to take the one path to Rendtail which involves invading their new home and driving their kind to extinction - even assaulting and killing their queen! The heroes, technologically superior race? Hmph, you mean cavemen!

Btw doesn't that yellow spiders-tribal environment-volcano combination remind RS to anyone else? Like Karamja fishing spot surroundings lol?
    You forgot the part where we steal arachna's children and enslave them to aid us in killing their own kind,

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

OMG!!!
    And here I was thinking that I'm the only nerd thinking something is wrong in the dragon enclave story! Turns out someone is better.

I nominate this for community spotlight!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kinzmet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

you're an detective great observation "clap"clap"

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniel Banuelos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

brightens up a day or two! clever
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

28. The Following User Says Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Very good observation. Maybe were about to get nuked.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Madxnoob For This Useful Post:

Coalhouse

Wow, thanks for all the supportive messages. I am genuinely surprised that something I wrote for a bit of fun has had such positive responses. As someone who belongs more to the analogue than the digital age, it took me over a year to even sign up to the fora (pl) let alone post anything. I am now glad I did.

I have a number of other such observations, which at a later date I may concoct into suitably bizarre theories. Until then, remember:

Dragonscale armour is murder (and makes you smell like a dead dragon)!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Something is rotten in the state of Arlor indeed. It's debauched history goes right back to Jarl Gruwald of Brackenridge, and on to the dastardly Rutger, who both betrayed their people, in Jarl's case leading to the death of our friend and mentor Gustav and in Rutger's case the deaths of Morgana and Cyril amongst many others. We also endangered the Notts by meddling with the portal to Shuyal (more pursuit of the dreams of empire?). We need to take a good long look at ourselves and ask, are WE the bad guys??

Also, Paradise Pier is just FULL of tourists now *sighs*

33. The Following User Says Thank You to carmine_blade For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

....Illuminati Confirmed!!!
    Doo doo do dooooooo