Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My overall thoughts on AL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raw View Post
    So I've been playing AL since season one and I've had a few accounts (Merkage, Merrrrrrrked, Raw, Sofakingg, Divinecrit) and I've seen AL evolve season to season to what it is today.

When I started playing what captured my attention were the numerous maps that I could explore, and the fact that my pve adventures lead to gold which lead to me fully maxing my LVL 16 Mage after a month of work. Plat was a thing but it didn't buy much in game money...

Fast forward to season 6 and it's obvious that this is not the case at all. PVP and plat heavy items have soured the game and a sizeable portion of the communities behavior. What was once a friendly f2p game has become a crude p2p game where the worst of players comes out in pvp. I've heard the most ridiculous/rude/immature/outrageous things being said in PVP (many directly to me), and that's not OK. When I go into a match, if I'm not in one of the larger guilds I'm usually spawn ganged and called names. What impression is that going to make on a new player who downloads AL and walks into PVP? If I were them if quit the game right then...

I personally do not enjoy AL as much as I used to and have had to distance myself from the game a lot in the last few weeks.
    Also, In PVP itself I find it very unsettling that an item such as the arcane ring holds a price tag over the maximum amount of gold possible, which allows players to be very OP. I've worked hard to save up around 40 million and I'm not even half way to a ring. I'd have to spend at least a hundred more hours merching just to get close to that item without spending plat. In season 1 the mighty flamestrike staff took me about a month of fun pve elite runs at brackenridge to get. Now I'd have to unload thousands of plat to get the arcane ring. The comparison is relevant and it exemplifies the drastic differences in what it takes to achieve the best item in the game...

I'm not here to complain but rather to share my frustrations and hope that others feel the same way about how the game has evolved, and if there is anything that we can do to change this, or is AL simply a game that's approaching extinction?

I personally have found myself playing much less, and will probably continue to do so unless the culture and p2p nature of the game is not addressed.

Sorry for the rant, and please feel free to address anything I've mentioned or even suggest solutions to reviving AL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's why I stay as a twink player. The price it takes to achieve maxed gear is beyond my capacity. And in my perception, the PVP in end game is same with the PVP in twink game the only differences are the effects of weapon and the gear we are using, other than that, same maxed gear, drama and fun.

-Softbone

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I think all these "whah" threads are a lead towards the next great thing. It's really hard, when sts says "something/change is coming", and instead of enjoying the down time while sts works their magic, we become frustrated by "the wait". trust me. im right their with the mix.

pvp is it's own beast. the trash talk can be excessive, but it's a constructive criticism to better yourself before jumping off the porch with the big dogs.

My suggestion for anyone bored with the game: farm, save, farm, save, farm. Make yourself a legend and bring the pain! Otherwise, there's a few lollipops on the side lines... feel free to them while you watch the rest of us murder, laugh, and enjoy it.
    Hakuna Matatas

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I'm no old timer - started after Shuyl expansion was released. But I can see how plat reliant the game is (at least it seems that way to me at level cap) and it's gotten more so.

Endgame PVP is what it is because STS allows it to be that way. Plain and simple. If they wanted to fix it, they would have already done so. Banning players isn't a fix, and this community can't police itself from what I've seen.

If STS would revamp the PVP areas by fixing the re-spawn location (to prevent the non stop spawn killing rogues out there...), provide a game lobby for TDM that prevents blocking, create maps that allow you to see the ENTIRE playing field, your allies and enemies alike. And while they are at it, remove PVP deaths entirely (similar to say Clash of Clans - you never see how many defeats others have - only wins since defeats/losses are a given...) from stats and from guild rankings - then perhaps the childish nature of adults and kids alike could be contained.

As it is - well, nothing is going to change. And with OP and exclusive items bought or lucked into, then the distance between those that have and those that have not will continue to get worse. So, PVP is out for most players coming into the game now. What does that leave? PVE or Events.

So go Farm right? Well, the elite loot distribution needs to change now as farming is no longer profitable at any level and with the number of endgame players dwindling, well, so too goes the market for those items. So farming is out. PVP is out. So buy plat to chat (cracked me up whoever said that earlier ? LOL I play games for content and enjoyment, not to make besties or get trashtalked cause my guild isn't KOOL or I don't have awesome gear or an arcane pet.

Honestly the best thing for me lately has been to play less. Coming back after a night or two off does allow me to enjoy a few runs with my guildmates before boredom sets in. I just hope that STS is not going to continue to rely on the community to keep and retain the new players coming in. If they do, the game is already dead, they just don't know it yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexdroog View Post
    Have you tried twinking?
    All have the same gear.
    You can challenge higher levels if you want.
    Try this like Alex said, if you haven't got myhtics or arcane.
    You can fair play in twinks with all legend items and pet, just asking to 1 vs 1..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

If you get trashtalking just ignore that players, problem solved.
    Do not see from 1 views
    I don't have plat too but trust me, we are all the same, depends how we play how we enjoy the game

Hope you find your joy in the game ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Once you have loads of money on AL, there's nothing much to do other than wearing cool clothes n hanging out in towns and doing PvP and dealing with all the BS and drama in it. I returned on AL after a long break and things haven't really changed much. Order and Chaos is the $H!T..!!! AL needs a lot of improvement.. Not a hack n slash easy game anymore, people spend a LOT on this game.. They deserve some quality stuff in return.

AL IGNs: Venom, Poison, Elite, Kill, Dude, Hawk, Jerk, Legend
    OaC Android AF IGNs: -Venom-, -Carnage-, -Dude-

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Venom For This Useful Post: