Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: actions speak louder than words/what to do about the energy system

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Default actions speak louder than words/what to do about the energy system

hello all,

We've all heard the saying "actions speak louder than words" and it rings true here also. A few years ago in Pocket Legends we saw the game becoming more and more dependent on elixirs (namely thrasher elixirs and 100% reroll elixirs). People came on forums and they raged and complained. After they finished raging and complaining they went in game and bought thrashers and 100% reroll elixirs like crazy. Which do you think they devs paid more attention too?

I've been reading a lot of hate directed towards the new energy system. Here is my advice: If you don't like the energy system then don't use plat to buy energy. If you like the energy system then use plat to buy energy. Also, it's a waste of your time to come to forums and complain and hate if you are going to turn around and go in game and buy up energy.

Money talks. If no one uses plat to buy energy then the energy system will go away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

not really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tendirin View Post
    not really
    Yes, look at DL and SL.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

lol
    Last edited by Xenobiotic; 06-20-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    AL-Freelancer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i'm not calling for or organizing a boycott. That's against ToS and will get this thread locked. I'm just saying let ur actions and words match up. If u like the energy system then support it by buying energy. If u don't like the energy system then don't buy any. I also wanted to point out the fact that what u do in game overshadows what u say on forums. So if u rage on forums then go and buy energy then you're actions overshadow ur words.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey all,

I appreciate what you're trying to do, but really it's not quite as easy as "don't buy energy and it goes away." Numbers are a part of how we decide where the game progresses and what changes should be made, but they aren't the only thing. The energy system is part of the bigger event system, which our devs and designers have been working steadily on for a very long time now. Energy isn't just a way for Spacetime to make money. It is crucial in event pacing, item distribution/rarity and more.

The bottom line is that we have dedicated ourselves to a free-to-play game and that is what we will continue to deliver. We want it to be something that all players enjoy, plat and non-plat spenders alike. This is why we are taking any and all feedback into consideration. Not every suggestion can be implemented, but we are doing our best to align your suggestions with the bigger picture we have in mind here behind-the-scenes. You all are a the biggest part of what drives this game and this community forward and we are grateful for it every day.

We hope that you will play this new event, as we've worked very hard to collect your feedback and make it something everyone will truly enjoy. I encourage you to try it out before you knock it down. I'm going to lock this thread down for now. Thank you all again.
    Last edited by Remiem; 06-20-2014 at 03:10 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Remiem For This Useful Post: