Thread: Hello, new to AL, not rpg/grinding. Need explanations

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Hello, new to AL, not rpg/grinding. Need explanations

Hello, it's been a while since i was trying to find a game, which would be rpg, where i could grind and where i could challenge others players in real time (not just bots with real players stats).
    Soooooo, arcane legends looks like just that! But...i have spend almost 10hours playing (14lvl rogue), reading forums (this one mainly) and googling and still have almost no clue, how to do things properly here.

First question to ask is:
    Can you have fun and be strong/almost competetive player without spending money on this game?
    It's really important, because if no, i should delete it

And here are some other questions about items:

1. You can obtain a lot of items when doing quests or just grinding dungeons. You sell all "green/blue" for like 4-5 gold (because your inventory isn't infinite)?
    2. What are items rarity in colors? Green<blue<purple?
    3. If i get that purple item, how can i know, how much is it worth?
    4. CS (store/auctions hause). When i enter that thing, i cant see anyone selling something. It's empty. Why is it so?
    5. Time to time i hear, that rogue can equip bows, but i havent seen one. How can i get it?
    6. Pets. I still have no idea how to obtain them, how much of them should i have (to rotate nicely).

About gameplay:

7. What lvl i need to get to have fun in pvp, maybe other activities (what people do in al ?)
    8. Where i should lvl/farm items (which i still dont have idea where to put if i dont need them )
    9. What stats for what lvl are considered to be "good".

My playstyle is agressive. I like to jump in, faceroll my abilities, jumo out. I like being squishy, but having a huge burst dmg.

I would love to know how to farm gold in simple way (that doesnt mean easy/fast way) .
    What cheapest/simple obtainable equipment i need to be part competetive
    What pet i need for that and how to get it.

Thats pretty much all. I am not asking to explain everything, just give me links to understandable guides. Or explain me xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesimokau View Post
    Can you have fun and be strong/almost competetive player without spending money on this game?
    Yes, it's absolutely possible, but it takes time, patience, and effort. First thing you'll want to do is save up enough gold or free plat from offers to buy a luck pendent. Luck pendents give you a 15% chance to reroll on loot to a higher quality item.

The next thing you'll want to do equip the pendant and farm pink items and locked crates from bosses. Sell these in the consignment shop. It'll be a slow grind, but you'll eventually accumulate enough cash to buy the best gear for your characters (be they pvp twinks or endgame).

1. You can obtain a lot of items when doing quests or just grinding dungeons. You sell all "green/blue" for like 4-5 gold (because your inventory isn't infinite)?
    Basically yes. Most of this gear is trash. But be careful, there are a few rarer items here and there that sell for a good amount.

white< green < purple < pink < orange < red

check price in consignment shop / ask a friend for average price

4. CS (store/auctions hause). When i enter that thing, i cant see anyone selling something. It's empty. Why is it so?
    check your item filters. you probably have something that is limiting the items shown (level / usable only / name / quality)

5. Time to time i hear, that rogue can equip bows, but i havent seen one. How can i get it?
    bows are extra rare / expensive at low levels.

6. Pets. I still have no idea how to obtain them, how much of them should i have (to rotate nicely).
    You're not going to find many pets without a luck amulet or reroll elixir. You'll need to either buy a pet in cs/stable, or grind endlessly and get lucky.

About gameplay:

7. What lvl i need to get to have fun in pvp, maybe other activities (what people do in al ?)
    10, 15, and 23 are all enjoyable twink brackets (but you need decent pink quality gear to have a chance). Endgame suffers many failures, and can be incredibly frustrating if you don't have mythic/arcane gear.

8. Where i should lvl/farm items (which i still dont have idea where to put if i dont need them )
    Brackenridge's first boss [click Brackenridge, then click the zone labeled Brackenridge] is going to net you a lot of rerolled pink locked crates to sell if you're wearing a luck amulet. Pair that amulet with luck elixir for an even better chance to reroll crates.

There's no way to really answer that question without looking at the stats you have now. I guess if you're in the 120-160 damage range at L14, you'll be able to kill effectively.

My playstyle is agressive. I like to jump in, faceroll my abilities, jumo out. I like being squishy, but having a huge burst dmg.
    you picked the right class.

I would love to know how to farm gold in simple way (that doesnt mean easy/fast way) .
    as stated above. takes time, effort, patience, and a luck amulet

pink gear at your level with the tags tactics, potency, or brutality are always a safe bet for low level rogues. optimize damage, crit, dodge, health, and mana in that order.

For low level rogues, Malison and Ribbit are safe, cheapish alternatives to the massively expensive mythic/arcane pets . you can buy both in the consignment shop.

To be 'competitive' in pvp at any level... well you're going to have to farm cash. A whole heck of a lot. And that can be daunting if you're new to the game. Honestly, I'd suggest leveling a character to endgame to familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of AL before you try to pvp. Accumulate some cash, learn how things work, THEN create a new character to pvp at low levels.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jenvy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks very much! Now i have picture what to do and how to do.
    No wonder i suck with 55dmg at lvl 15 xD

One last question:
    What ability sets are usable more for pve and what for pvp?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Thanks very much! Now i have picture what to do and how to do.
    No wonder i suck with 55dmg at lvl 15 xD

One last question:
    What ability sets are usable more for pve and what for pvp?
    For pretty much any build, you'll want to have aimed shot and nox. These are our key damage skills.

Pierce is excellent for pvp, but its good in pve too. High single target damage if you chain charged AS, uncharged nox, and uncharged pierce.

Health packs are great for pve leveling, as they cut down on potions used, but they are absolutely necessary for pvp. Without packs, you die nonstop.

Veil is purely a pve skill meant for debuffing/buffing enemies and allies; it is highly useful when you get to elites.

Traps is also purely for pve. They have low damage but they are helpful in crowd control. If they're used correctly, they can make an elite run very smooth. However, if used incorrectly, a trap rogue will probably wipe your party.

Razor, with it's high dodge buff, is pretty decent for pvp at low levels, but at endgame pvp, it's basically useless. For pve, razor is both a boon and a hindrance. The dodge can save you from dying when you pull aggro on multiple mobs, but be sure the tank has control before it ends, or you're going to take a massive amount of damage when it falls off. The threat gen for razor is stupidly high with all those crits flying.

Shadow Storm Shot is useless. It kills trash mobs with no health pretty effectively, but nox is the far superior aoe skill, as its poison debuff will stack. SSS will make your Brackenridge farming about 2 seconds faster. That's it.

Putting points in passive skills can increase your stats by a good amount too. If you feel like you have extra points, drop them in passives with this general priority:

dex > str > crit > int > damage > armor > speed

obviously, if you feel too squishy, str is more prudent than dex.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenvy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Let's not forget all the free pets you can get doing quests in the first group of maps and klaas from time to time
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Horton and ribbit are nice starter rogue pets.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Suggest to join a strong/friendly/helpful guild, this way if you have any questions just ask them
    Easiest way to get gold at a low level is doing the Daily Bard quests, completing this quest to get Story Tokens, after 20 days you should have earn't 200 tokens, you buy a Legendary Tenor's Music box and sell it in the CS for roughly 35k ( this is the most effective way to get gold from Story Tokens ). Once you level up and reach 40-41 you can play "elite dungeons" their extremely hard and you'll need some good team mates but the rewards are well worth it.

*on a quick note, it's not called the "Luck Pendant" it's called the Leprechaun Pendant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    *on a quick note, it's not called the "Luck Pendant" it's called the Leprechaun Pendant.
    Yes..... but there's also the Jack Hallows pendant...... which is why I used a general term referring to both.

Pretty sure the op was intelligent enough to figure that one out. -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes yes, thanks for all that info. Now i know how to use cs xD and thanks for explaining skills. Al its really nice game, now, with ur help, i can enjoy it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Hello, it's been a while since i was trying to find a game, which would be rpg, where i could grind and where i could challenge others players in real time (not just bots with real players stats).
    Soooooo, arcane legends looks like just that! But...i have spend almost 10hours playing (14lvl rogue), reading forums (this one mainly) and googling and still have almost no clue, how to do things properly here.

And here are some other questions about items:

Like Jenvy stated, most of the common, rare, and epic (white, green, blue) are trash. Liquidating these items is necessary to open more space up for more valuable items. Most of the expensive common, rare, and epic items are all discontinued from when the game first came out, hence why they are listed in the cs for ridiculously high amounts of gold. Their main purpose is just for the looks. The other expensive items are low-level pvp items (mainly epic rings).

Common/White<Rare/Green<Epic/Blue<Legendary/Purple<Mythic/Orange<Arcane/Red Vanity/Cyan.
    The vanity items are items that are worn over the normal armor and are used just for looks. They don't add any stats.

The CS is a tool just for that. Search the item, and base the price lower than what the lowest listing price is. An item's worth is determined by demand and supply, just like the real-world market. If you don't see another copy of the item in the CS, search for items on the same level/rarity and determine the price based on comparing the stats. Don't sell for more than what a better item costs.

You have to search for items to be able to use it. Select one or more of the categories you want to look in (level, rarity, and/or name), and specify what level, rarity, and/or name you want to look for.

Bows are available for rogues to use. They are generally created when someone uses platinum (store, locked crates, etc), so they are pretty desirable. You can use the cs to search for weapons and you can buy a cheap bow normally anywhere between 1-10k gold.

Pets are obtainable in many different ways. Some are only obtainable by buying them through the stable, completing quests and acheivements, rarely looting them from slain enemies, daily gift from klaas, and buying eggs that other players have looted and listed in the chests section of the CS (search "egg" in the chest category).

About gameplay:

PvP is fun at nearly every level. Most people have a capped (lvl 41) character(s), and have another character(s) (lower level) for PvP called a twink. PvP is expensive. To be a top-notch end-game (lvl 41) PvPer, you'd need to spend ~150 million gold on gear and pets. Twinks cost anywhere between 100k and 5 million gold for good gear. Low-level PvP is generally less expensive.

End-gamers (lvl 41) particularly enjoy running elite maps. These are harder-versions of the normal maps (stronger enemies) that can have great rewards

Here's a quick lvling guide:

Lvl 1-15 Brackenridge and Ydra/Rooks
    Lvl 15-21 Dead City or Watcher's Tombs/Kraag Tombs*
    Lvl 21-23 Kraken Isles
    Lvl 23-30 Nordr
    Lvl 30-36 Shuyal
    Lvl 36-41 Tindirin

* It's very possible to reach lvl 41 solely by running the tombs. I've reached lvl 40 on my sorcerer mainly doing watcher's tomb level 4 (in traveler's outpost) since level 9.

Good items to farm are locked crates, essences (crafting gems), some eggs, and elite map gear. You can farm crates anywhere, but particularly in Brackenridge - Brackenridge from defeating the Jarl. Essences are looted everywhere. You can look in the stable to see what pets are lootable and where. Elite map gear are the best items to farm.

Using a Leprechaun Pendant and/or Luck Elixir will increase your odds of looting these items!

You can check out your class discussion section on these forums to check out stat and skill builds

Sorcerers best suit this playstyle

You can obtain gold by doing quests, farming items, or buying low and selling high (merching items) in the CS. People generally like to rotate their gear once every five levels so they dont have to spend so much.

Thats pretty much all. I am not asking to explain everything, just give me links to understandable guides. Or explain me xD
    Responses in bold

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's some niiiiiiice responses dude!!!
    Just to be sure - you sell lockeds, yes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Yes, sell lockeds
    "Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare." - Japanese Proverb
    IGN: Pureloot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jenvy View Post
    Yes..... but there's also the Jack Hallows pendant...... which is why I used a general term referring to both.

Pretty sure the op was intelligent enough to figure that one out. -_-
    Yes, that is true. But the pendant 'gives' luck it isn't for say a sub division of amulet which is called a "luck" pendant.
    So generally the luck pendant ( parentheses ) is associated with the leprechaun pendant.
    Jack Hellows is just an over priced version which has no statistical difference ....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Yes, that is true. But the pendant 'gives' luck it isn't for say a sub division of amulet which is called a "luck" pendant.
    So generally the luck pendant ( parentheses ) is associated with the leprechaun pendant.
    Jack Hellows is just an over priced version which has no statistical difference ....
    Backpedaling with nonsensical logic ftw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have one question.
    How to get leprechaun pendant except buy it from aution store.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Very nice to see someone from my country in game! (well I guess you are from LT by your name). Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk
    Check out my blog about sorcerer's life in world of Arlorians'!
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/blog.php?130665-Syberg