Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mob Scaling Findings: Higher Armour is not better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I have explained all I need to, and nothing I say will make a difference at this point, since people will decide what they want about the info. The devs are going to look into it, which means there will be information when they do that.

As for the trolling, flaming and accusations, I will say this: I have a job and a life, which does not include sitting on a forum round the clock trying to prove somethig to a bunch of people who think I would actually make up something like this. I have never posted anything without purpose and a firm grounding behind it. I have no reason to lie, fabricate or make something up. I also do not believe in wasting people's time, including my own. So you can all get off your high horses and read my 1000+ posts and clue in that I am not an idiot and may possibly have a valid point.

I have nothing further to say to any trolls, and if the developers would like the rest of the data including test points, group run data, and the info from ALL the zones we tested on, they are welcome to request it from me by pm. I will finish by reminding everyone that flaming and trolling violates sts tos, as does calling me stupid.

Moderators feel free to lock this up if needed, I think we can wait for null_void

Thank you.
    Whose trolling? Me crow anyona? If you create a thread like this saying " Warriors with high armour slow down the run, its totally not acceptable. How can it be possible, it has no point behind it. Like your hauntled example, With the same party , sometimes my runs are 1.45m + and sometimes its like, 1.25mins. So difference of few secs by changing gear has nothing to with time. Warriors with legend or mystic gear do almost same damage. Where in elites, everyone knows, 4 dps party is faster than a party having tank. This is not coz of armour value, it because warrior does negligible damage and hence increases the time of the run. Well, we run elites for farm and we don't like to run hard elites without any tank. Me as a tank- Reduce the potion usage of my party members by keeping aggro all the time and they just have to concentrate on killing. If there's no tank, they should concentrate on spanning potions as well as skills. Well, not everyone has plat for revives, so they prefer tank.

And please , Explain me how are we trolling? I'd love to hear that.
    When someone said, earth is round, there were many who opposed him and called him an idiot. Likewise, your thread is almost the same like proving earth round, even if you're right we are just posting our views on it. Everyone has real life too.
    Last reply on his thread. Thanks for the respect and now from your posts I learnt how to behave with someone who says - You're incorrect, and don't troll.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ishtmeet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

My head hurts, too much data.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Stats are fakeee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtmeet View Post
    Did it already.

Link? Sorry. On mobile and can't find it. I just see a bunch of posts taking about damage dealt

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

I fully agree with this thread, i always felt the stats are fake. Sts wants to make the game playable for all but at the same time it doest make it too easy for fully geared people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Whose trolling? Me crow anyona? If you create a thread like this saying " Warriors with high armour slow down the run, its totally not acceptable. How can it be possible, it has no point behind it. Like your hauntled example, With the same party , sometimes my runs are 1.45m + and sometimes its like, 1.25mins. So difference of few secs by changing gear has nothing to with time. Warriors with legend or mystic gear do almost same damage. Where in elites, everyone knows, 4 dps party is faster than a party having tank. This is not coz of armour value, it because warrior does negligible damage and hence increases the time of the run. Well, we run elites for farm and we don't like to run hard elites without any tank. Me as a tank- Reduce the potion usage of my party members by keeping aggro all the time and they just have to concentrate on killing. If there's no tank, they should concentrate on spanning potions as well as skills. Well, not everyone has plat for revives, so they prefer tank.

And please , Explain me how are we trolling? I'd love to hear that.
    When someone said, earth is round, there were many who opposed him and called him an idiot. Likewise, your thread is almost the same like proving earth round, even if you're right we are just posting our views on it. Everyone has real life too.
    Last reply on his thread. Thanks for the respect and now from your posts I learnt how to behave with someone who says - You're incorrect, and don't troll.

Sera has his/her view. You have yours. You guys agree to disagree. Sam, on the other hand, already said that he'll pass it to the devs.

I'm not saying who is right and who is wrong, but to call Sera stupid for not replying when there is clearly a disagreement between both parties is totally unacceptable.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to basketholic209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

If she had said ROGUE armor scaled the mobs difficulty, my guess is neither you Ish, nor Crow, would have tried to debunk the findings.

It should be enough for you that Sam replied quickly saying they would look into it.

No doubt in my mind this is happening at some level. As a mage I've experienced changes in mob difficulty doing PUG tooth runs repeatedly in the Wilds. The point of Sera's post was to open the discussion about a game mechanic involving party runs.

As far as hauntlet runs go, I have been in dozens of haunted AP runs and can tell you that never does a 15 second gap happen - few sec here and there, but never during a complete run with that much discrepancy with the same party composition. So ya, time can be used as a measure of game mechanic IMO.

My .02
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    I have explained all I need to, You havent provided the times from a single test fpr comparison and nothing I say will make a difference at this point, Actual data will change my mind very quickly since people will decide what they want about the info. Yes, I am basing all conclusions off information and data The devs are going to look into it, which means there will be information when they do that. [B]Sam also mentioned that the OP shouldn't be correct. I would also like to have my own data since the Dev's will likely not share their own findings[ /b]

As for the trolling, flaming and accusations, So anyone who disputes your claim is a troll? So what you are implying is you are 100% right and we are either too ignorant or proud to admit it? Don't flatter yourself. I'm open to any data you have. I haven't seen a single recorded time from a run. Not one. I will say this: I have a job and a life, which does not include sitting on a forum round the clock trying to prove somethig to a bunch of people who think I would actually make up something like that. I never said yoi made it up. People, myself included, did, however, offer several scenarios that explain the results while you close yourself to any differing information. At the no life comment. You spent a few months on this, don't try and be high and mighty because some of us spent a few hours. I have never posted anything without purpose and a firm grounding behind it. We all mistakes. I have, and I was able to chalk up to it. Thankfully, Kali was able to provide data to counter my falsity which immediately changed my position. You can't dispute numbers. You can, however, sit their and insult everyone who doesn't trust informatiin that lacks any quantitative information. I have no reason to lie, Doesnt mean you cant be wrong. Again, we all make mistakes, no one is mad at you. fabricate or make something up. I also do nSot believe in wasting people's time, including my own. So you can all get off your high horses and read my 1000+ posts and clue in that I am not an idiot and may possibly have a valid point.So because you were right on your other posts you are never wrong? Whose on the high horse again? We all make mistakes.

I have nothing further to say to any trolls, I like how the trolls are the ones with measurable data. But you insulting them is constructive. It is very hard to lose my respect after gaining it. Congradulations. I didn't realize you were perfect. All you have to do to prove your findings is to provide quantitative data that can be replicated. You haven't, but I'm patient enough to look at it once you get it; even if it is months from now Soand if the developers would like the rest of the data including test points, group run data, and the info from ALL the zones we tested on, they are welcome to request it from me by pm.great! You have data. If you could, please post it. I would be interested in them and the procedures of testing I will finish by reminding everyone that flaming and trolling violates sts tos, as does calling me stupid.It is pretty evident that you aren't stupid. Stubborn seems fitting though since you just insult everyone who disagrees with you. I try not to insult anyone. I was harsh in a few posts because I was flustered and apologize for them (the ones following my first data post). I think it would be nice of you to counter any of the provided data with your own instead of throwing mud. Feel free to call me a troll for no reason. You seem to get 5+ thanks every time you do

Moderators feel free to lock this up if needed, I think we can wait for null_void

Thank you.
    Response in bold.

Personal note:
    Please stop insulting people who post on this thread. I have owned up and apologized for my sharp remarks yesterday. It was inappropriate for me to get flustered over people disagreeing with me. Everyone here is just trying to find the truth. We can make mistakes and I don't think it is fair of you to assume you are right without proving it to us. Any data from testing would be helpful.

If you are open to additional testing you can forum PM me and we may able to do some testing tomorrow. I have prior obligations for today and will be unavailable both in game and likely on the forums after 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Otahaanak View Post
    If she had said ROGUE armor scaled the mobs difficulty, my guess is neither you Ish, nor Crow, would have tried to debunk the findings.

It should be enough for you that Sam replied quickly saying they would look into it.

No doubt in my mind this is happening at some level. As a mage I've experienced changes in mob difficulty doing PUG tooth runs repeatedly in the Wilds. The point of Sera's post was to open the discussion about a game mechanic involving party runs.

As far as hauntlet runs go, I have been in dozens of haunted AP runs and can tell you that never does a 15 second gap happen - few sec here and there, but never during a complete run with that much discrepancy with the same party composition. So ya, time can be used as a measure of game mechanic IMO.

My .02
    Her comment was that the finding apply to all classes. If it only scales rogue damage I am open to testing rogue damage output while I change my armor stat since warrior armor was claimed a factor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

The times and numbers gathered from the test runs are provided in post #2 on this thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Just to clarify, I didn't call Serancha stupid. I said that the fact she hasn't replied to us and gave us clear evidence that she is 100% right is stupid. Stop trying to twist my words, thanks!

Sent from my ST26i using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    Just to clarify, I didn't call Serancha stupid. I said that the fact she hasn't replied to us and gave us clear evidence that she is 100% right is stupid. Stop trying to twist my words, thanks!

Could you quote Sera's post where he/she said that he/she was 100% right? Or did you just try to twist Sera's words?

Btw, the fact that we're still arguing in a middle of a World Cup match is stupid. I'm not calling Anyone stupid (pun intended). Don't twist my words. Cheers everyone!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to basketholic209 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    The times and numbers gathered from the test runs are provided in post #2 on this thread.
    Only the averages. I would like to see the hard data, not the applied.

Something like the spoiler in my post on my tests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by basketholic209 View Post
    Sera has his/her view. You have yours. You guys agree to disagree. Sam, on the other hand, already said that he'll pass it to the devs.

I'm not saying who is right and who is wrong, but to call Sera stupid for not replying when there is clearly a disagreement between both parties is totally unacceptable.
    Any post where I mentioned her stupid? Was giving an example of Christopher columbus. If you read it carefully.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    I believe that damage has something to do with mob damage and hp. Try using different weapons and go into a tindirin map and see if you are being hit harder. If my theory is correct a mage with an expedidtion gun will be hit less than a mage with an arcane staff.

All gears should be the same and no pet used. I think armor has nothing to do with it, you have proved that tarlok in tindirin is about the same time as mythics bit you haven't thought that the large damage increase may have something to do with mobs hp/damage.

Think about it, less damage = less mob damage but the same damage when using mythics. 450 dmg 1100 armor vs 520 dmg 1363 armor, try gettting somewhere around 450 dmg whilst having mythics equipped and you should be able to determine if damage is the most important factor which decides the mobs hp and dmg dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    Link? Sorry. On mobile and can't find it. I just see a bunch of posts taking about damage dealt
    See post no. 63on this thread.
    Ty

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

@Rare
    You wanna see how much fast we kill in both cases? Ok I'll post the observation in few mins.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 in ENRAGED MODE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Any post where I mentioned her stupid? Was giving an example of Christopher columbus. If you read it carefully.

On that part, I was not referring to you, mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Well,

Aside from the negative posts there is a lot of info here. One thing crow or ish can do though is run their tests with a full party, as that is what is being discussed here. Doing a test solo doesn't really test anything as there is no party scale involved.

Thanks to everyone that has posted info though.

As for the hauntlet run, serancha never specified if they continued to make runs with the under geared warrior with same results, or just stopped once the AP was achieved.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

This thread has run its course. Closing this one down
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seoratrek For This Useful Post: