Thanked in
    150 Posts

its probaly your build

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    She does have a heavy bow attack that has a Arrow shaped tell, you need to be in close though, and this is a VERY powerful attack. Could you be getting this one confused with the aoe stars falling from her rain of arrows?

Carapace is right, this is almost a 1 hit kill. As a war with decent gear, she almost 1 hit with this attack. But if your the other two classes, then you can consider a 1 hit kill, because the dam is about 6K.

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    Carapace is right, this is almost a 1 hit kill. As a war with decent gear, she almost 1 hit with this attack. But if your the other two classes, then you can consider a 1 hit kill, because the dam is about 6K.
    Dude, SHE able to get my % hp to 1%/2%, this is really demonic.
    Yep, its our armor problem, not the hp, I want to see smurf with 0 armor killed by Helena lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

As warr with 6400 HP and 2300 armor I don't get one shot kill, the biggest shot-combo drop my health to 3%
    use non-charged CS or HoR on strong arrow attack

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    As warr with 6400 HP and 2300 armor I don't get one shot kill, the biggest shot-combo drop my health to 3%
    use non-charged CS or HoR on strong arrow attack
    Even she able to hit my hp to 1% (I have 6.1k hp and 1.5k armor)
    Thats very close, I was able to spam pots and HoR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

When she uses her insta-kill AoE, my tank has 7% hp left (not buffed, 6,5k+ hp and 1,7k+ armor), so at 41 lvl only the toughest can survive this blow head-on (actually, AoE is not so big, so fragile guys can avoid it even when slowed). Considering this, I try to catch the moment and cast horn right before she hits, but she uses this attack quite fast, so she attacks even when my horn is cooling down. 2 tanks can solve this problem, but it can't be guarranteed with PuG's (btw, Ursoth is far more convenient in terms of horn timing – his circle AoE attack is easy to catch and it is not used so often, so he is actually easier than Helena). In my opinion, this problem is quite annoying.
    Last edited by MoloToha; 07-04-2014 at 08:47 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Regarding helena, either make her health less or have the weeds stop spawning after a certain number are killed. Ursoth isn't half as hard as helena, I don't even fight her anymore, I'd rather lose the energy. Ursoth is fun to fight, he's not easy, but he's actually possible to kill in a pug.
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Please fix helena. Helena is harder than ursoth. That cannot be the plan. That is not what is stated in the announcement video.

Yes i am yelling.

Fix it. It is broken. Reduce plants. Something.

Would really appreciate since STS is making so much off this event with Plat that they could actually listen to objective feedback.

Boss is broke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Helena is definitely overpowered. I don't know what developers thought when making it. At least halve her HP or something (it would still be a lot though).

I don't want her to be easy like a level 1 goblin, but at least make it possible for everyone to beat her somehow, because everyone's wasting energy kits and time with it.

It's even worse when we waste those kits and get no points for that bear.

Edit: Also, those people that keep telling us that they're going solo on her, congratulations! That does not mean, in any way, that the boss is easy. It just means that you're either very good at games, lucky, or something. I have spoken with about 30 people about Helena and none of them like it.
    Last edited by Hunter16; 07-04-2014 at 09:48 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

People are probably going to want to smack me but she is actually my favorite boss I've encountered in AL. She's very reminiscent of a PL boss. Her attacks are timed and if you play right on top of her rather than ranged it's really easy to avoid her red zone. You have to zoom in so you can really see her and as you get stunned right before she spins and the red cone comes you just have to hold your joystick in the direction behind her. You'll be released from the slow down just as she is abt to attack and in the split second you can run behind her. The only time I really have a hard time with her is when she gets up inside the trees bc I can't see her well.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    People are probably going to want to smack me but she is actually my favorite boss I've encountered in AL. She's very reminiscent of a PL boss. Her attacks are timed and if you play right on top of her rather than ranged it's really easy to avoid her red zone. You have to zoom in so you can really see her and as you get stunned right before she spins and the red cone comes you just have to hold your joystick in the direction behind her. You'll be released from the slow down just as she is abt to attack and in the split second you can run behind her. The only time I really have a hard time with her is when she gets up inside the trees bc I can't see her well.
    Tried that too, stood right in the same spot as she was staying, and it worked. In fact, I have beaten her once. But it is really a tedious process fighting that boss for more than 30 minutes all alone, because most players simply leave. In the end, it is a game, normally it should be challenging but still fun. Fighting Helena is not fun, it is annoying and makes me hate the game.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter16 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    if you play right on top of her
    Problem with tricks like this is that one mistake means you have to do it all over again. And with her health, it's like 40 arrows you have to dodge flawlessly.
    I kited her in 10 minutes, very far from her, just coming closer to shoot Aim and Nox, and always running to keep weeds out of the way. She didn't even trigger the attack later in the fight, when I got used to the rhythm.
    Worth a try in a party though.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    She does have a heavy bow attack that has a Arrow shaped tell, you need to be in close though, and this is a VERY powerful attack. Could you be getting this one confused with the aoe stars falling from her rain of arrows?
    Sir, he is saying that when Helena casted her aoe stars he gets slowed (or rooted by the environment effects) then targeted by the insta-kill (arrow head red zone).
    The insta-kill thing will one-hit averaged geared players on any levels. Thats the thing we would like to be tuned down by a bit.

To Serancha,
    But creating tactics to beat whatever STG throws at us:
    Sorcs : Whenever you are targeted by the insta-kill charge arcane shield (preferably with the invulnerability upgrade) to avoid bieng one-hitted
    Keep your distance. Drop clock and kite around. Watch you health and always tap potions.
    Warriors : Whenever you are targeted by the insta-kill charge horn of renew (preferably with the invulnerability upgrade)
    Rogues : Whenever you are targeted by the insta-kill charge shadow piercer to pass through her (can't pass when there are many vine-mobs)
    Keep distance, use viel, razor shield and traps. Noxious wil help a lot too on clearing the vine-mobs
    Watch you health and always tap potions.

Be patient, the STG is collecting our opinions. Maybe they will tune her down a bit, so that we could farm her easier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Sir, he is saying that when Helena casted her aoe stars he gets slowed (or rooted by the environment effects) then targeted by the insta-kill (arrow head red zone).
    The insta-kill thing will one-hit averaged geared players on any levels. Thats the thing we would like to be tuned down by a bit.

To Serancha,
    But creating tactics to beat whatever STG throws at us:
    Sorcs : Whenever you are targeted by the insta-kill charge arcane shield (preferably with the invulnerability upgrade) to avoid bieng one-hitted
    Keep your distance. Drop clock and kite around. Watch you health and always tap potions.
    Warriors : Whenever you are targeted by the insta-kill charge horn of renew (preferably with the invulnerability upgrade)
    Rogues : Whenever you are targeted by the insta-kill charge shadow piercer to pass through her (can't pass when there are many vine-mobs)
    Keep distance, use viel, razor shield and traps. Noxious wil help a lot too on clearing the vine-mobs
    Watch you health and always tap potions.

Be patient, the STG is collecting our opinions. Maybe they will tune her down a bit, so that we could farm her easier.
    I am an experienced player with top gear, so with strategic play can solo her 80% of the time, that's not the issue.

The problem is that even with the bane item, you get slowed to a point where it is impossible to get out of the way of her red insta-kill attack. We paid plat for an item that would prevent rooting, but it doesn't remove them, it just changes them to snares. This means we are still having our ability to move reduced to almost none and can therefore not avoid the red zone. With the boss taking such a ridiculous effort to kill, this means a lot more death even for seasoned players, so I can imagine what is it like for players who are much newer to the game.
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 07-06-2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: less drama
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its easier to leave than fighting and farming deaths.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I completely agree that this boss need serious nerfing.

I've posted a thread on it in Feedback section:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ena-the-Undead
    -rethgifllub-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Nerf this boss already...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

She is frustrating at lvl41. I soloed her with my lvl8 toon, but at lvl41 it takes whole team with multiple deaths.

Guess that something with scaling to upper levels just went wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

if possible, i'd like helena to make sound when she's starting to charge the strong arrow attack (helena does make some sounds, why don't apply the sound to the skill)

just like alpha wolf howls when it starts the shield

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

haha. the positive side for this boss is:
    those ppl that are silver tier and gold tier wants atleast a warrior in party.
    so nowadays m just farming essences and keep forged energy in stocks just in case a guildie wants a warrior.
    m pretty happy as it needs 3 different class and teamwork to successfully kill Helena in less time.
    warriors shining again. haha.
    I say not to NERF lol. otherwise at endgame all will do solo (except war) and NOBODY WILL WANT A SLOW LOW DAMAGE FATTIES.

I SAY AGAIN NOT TO NERF.