Thread: Rogue Class - No pet damage boost in pvp room

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Default Rogue Class - No pet damage boost in pvp room

This thread is not about the 10% damage nerf that rogues have in pvp. We all know it already that the 10% damage nerf for rogues in pvp had always been there since a long time. I have no problem with it.

I am a rogue and what troubles me is that I am not receiving pet damage buff in pvp. For instance, my damage on a low level twink is 109.7 when I am out of the pvp room with my dovabear equipped and no elixirs. In a pvp room, with 10% damage nerf, my damage should have been around 98 or 99. But it is actually 88.2. While tanks and mages of my own level, with same pet equipped have much higher damage.

Why is this happening? 10% damage nerf for a rogue in pvp is alright but why am I not getting my pet's full damage buff too? This is so unfair when I buy pets especially for their damage buffs for pvp. Warriors and mages have no 10% damage nerf in pvp which is ok to me but on top of that they also receive the damage buffs that pets give but the rogue does not receive the damage buff of her pet. This is what is completely unacceptable and its very unfair to the rogue class. Can a dev please explain - Is this a bug?

( *Not sure whether if this thread is for this section or the Technical Issues and Bugs section. Please move it if required.* )
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 07-06-2014 at 05:58 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Ok so obviously there are buffs and debuffs in this game. How they work is if you have 2 dmg buffs being applied to u then only the higher percent dmg buff would be applied. So lets say u had a 10 percent dmg pet like samael, and a 25 percent dmg elixir, then u would only see the 25 percent dmg elixir being applied and samaels dmg would be irrelevant. This works the same way for debuffs. But if you have a dmg buff and a damage debuff being applied then only the debuff will show your stats because debuffs override buffs. You could have a 100000% dmg buff and a 1% dmg debuff and still only the debuff would apply. Sooooo, when u step into pvp (this only applies in ctf) the 10% dmg debuff is applied, therefore overriding your pet dmg buff and making it do nothing.
    I know it sucks im a rogue in twink pvp like you and ive read other threads because i was curious about the same thing. Unfortunately ^^^^ this is how it works

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

This is how it works but the way it works tips the scales too much. My damage pet that I got for its damage buff for pvp does not work on me. On top of that there is 10% damage nerf. While a tank has massive armor, massive mana ( now with the new Anicent Pot gear), mana recovery with venge buff, absolutely NO damage nerf in pvp and receives full damage buff from pets. Is this a balanced scenario? It was said rogues will be killing machines if their damage is not nerfed 10% and that was fair enough. But its not fair for us if we dont even receive the pet damage buff whereas other classes get it.

Will devs please find a way where we get a pet's damage buff but the normal 10% damage NERF on rogue still works in pvp? It will require some reworking but I am sure this can be done. Otherwise why will I or any other pvp rogues buy any damage buff pet in the future?
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 07-06-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default Rogue Class - No pet damage boost in pvp room

Yup, it's a very annoying issue. The nerf completely cancels out all %damage buffs in pvp for rogues, unless perhaps the new stats display is inaccurate.

Also, placing this in tech/bugs will let mods see it faster since they check that section more often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Ok so obviously there are buffs and debuffs in this game. How they work is if you have 2 dmg buffs being applied to u then only the higher percent dmg buff would be applied. So lets say u had a 10 percent dmg pet like samael, and a 25 percent dmg elixir, then u would only see the 25 percent dmg elixir being applied and samaels dmg would be irrelevant. This works the same way for debuffs. But if you have a dmg buff and a damage debuff being applied then only the debuff will show your stats because debuffs override buffs. You could have a 100000% dmg buff and a 1% dmg debuff and still only the debuff would apply. Sooooo, when u step into pvp (this only applies in ctf) the 10% dmg debuff is applied, therefore overriding your pet dmg buff and making it do nothing.
    I know it sucks im a rogue in twink pvp like you and ive read other threads because i was curious about the same thing. Unfortunately ^^^^ this is how it works
    Actually, I'm pretty sure this is wrong for most cases. If I had a 15% buff and a 10% nerf, then I would have a 5% buff. You are talking about a different issue. Say I had a 15% damage buff, a 20% damage buff, a 5% nerf, and a 10% nerf. I would have a total increase of 10% damage since it is the difference of the highest buff and the highest nerf. Except for us rogues, our nerf always hijacks our stats.

I am actually completely puzzled by this whole damage system and hardly have any idea what I just wrote, so if I'm wrong please correct me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk