Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Low level Twinks joining the event

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miss View Post
    Aside from Fraline who is using her main account and trueorigine also using his main rouge.

the rest of the old Lb guys in goblin event trying to cheat on this one and make a twink for faster kill and give a surprise on the last day.

Well STS you should have change the rules. you must be level 35 on the starting date of the event to be able to join the event.
    How very astute of you to assume that just because old goblin leaderboarders are not on the lb now, they are twinking and going for the ranks later in the event. I am one of those rogues and no, I am not going for the leaderboard as a twink or whatever. Are you saying perhaps Zeus and Eyrika are doing the same? I talked to Eyrika at the start of the event and we both just wanted to get to gold tier. I doubt that Zeus will resort to such an underhanded maneuver as well.

Good luck to everyone going for the leadeboards! And to those who thought of using twinks and then levelling up, really, get a life people. I know how it feels to grind and keep checking your spot on the lb. Don't burn their hopes.

Sent from this iPhone which seems stuck to my hands...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classychic View Post
    How very astute of you to assume that just because old goblin leaderboarders are not on the lb now, they are twinking and going for the ranks later in the event. I am one of those rogues and no, I am not going for the leaderboard as a twink or whatever. Are you saying perhaps Zeus and Eyrika are doing the same? I talked to Eyrika at the start of the event and we both just wanted to get to gold tier. I doubt that Zeus will resort to such an underhanded maneuver as well.

Good luck to everyone going for the leadeboards! And to those who thought of using twinks and then levelling up, really, get a life people. I know how it feels to grind and keep checking your spot on the lb. Don't burn their hopes.

once again.. this event will tell us a lot about the community Same game, different players.

You guys passed. I wonder what will happen this time.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I'm not even participating in this event, hehe.

Then again, that would be an excellent cover story to have a secret twink to swoop #1. *evil laugh*
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I'm not even participating in this event, hehe.

Then again, that would be an excellent cover story to have a secret twink to swoop #1. *evil laugh*
    I have a secret twink with loads of points... A full 380!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Low level Twinks joining the event

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I wonder why parking a alt at a glitch portal and spamming it is Okay.
    but making your twink enter LB contest is Not Okay.
    If we have to judge whats good and bad let impartiality be always there or else we don't judge what is good and what is bad.
    Those using twinks will NOT be on the leaderboard at all until towards the end of the event, that's why. There is no transparency in scores. If you are in the top 10 right now, you are technically running almost blindfolded. You are not only competing against the names on the leaderboard, but possibly some ghosts as well. During the goblin event we knew who we were up against, we could even form parties with each other. I'm just saying that it will be highly unfair for the people very much into competition now to be given false hope that they are in the lead, only to be overtaken at the last minute by people who were not even on the lb a day ago.

Add: Perhaps a possible solution would be for STS to lock down the possible top 10 two weeks into the event (or whatever time frame, as long as it isn't announced prematurely). If you are on your class leaderboard at this time, then you are in the running to be in the top 10. It would close the window for twinks levelling suddenly after gaining scores higher than the current top 10.

Last edited by Classychic; 07-08-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Those using twinks will NOT be on the leaderboard at all until towards the end of the event, that's why. There is no transparency in scores. If you are in the top 10 right now, you are technically running almost blindfolded. You are not only competing against the names on the leaderboard, but possibly some ghosts as well. During the goblin event we knew who we were up against, we could even form parties with each other. I'm just saying that it will be highly unfair for the people very much into competition now to be given false hope that they are in the lead, only to be overtaken at the last minute by people who were not even on the lb a day ago.

Just keep striving and hope you will maintain your position. Hopefully next contest will not have this exploit.
    But at least now if any group attempts some magnificiently, perfect, strange ties there is a good probability it won't work out so everyone will just need to go hard till the end.

You wanted to partecipate in the Lb contest, yes? then give it all you got.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Just keep striving and hope you will maintain your position. Hopefully next contest will not have this exploit.
    But at least now if any group attempts some magnificiently, perfect, strange ties there is a good probability it won't work out so everyone will just need to go hard till the end.

You wanted to partecipate in the Lb contest, yes? then give it all you got.
    Good luck to them, really. The week-long goblin event was already migraine-inducing. I can't imagine the pressure on this one. Especially with Helena being a "Major Payne" this time. (She totally wiped out the memory of past difficult bosses, imo. )