Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Low level Twinks joining the event

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doomreaper View Post
    This event will not be altered, end of story. Stop complaining that these twinks thought of something you didn't.

I for one am actually interested in who gets the top lb position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nah i already tough of this 1st day of the event... and did you notice a lot of rouge who where LB in goblin event not running on this event. they are fishy lol

because they are not using the main toons they made twinks i think just for this event.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Aside from Fraline who is using her main account and trueorigine also using his main rouge.

the rest of the old Lb guys in goblin event trying to cheat on this one and make a twink for faster kill and give a surprise on the last day.

Well STS you should have change the rules. you must be level 35 on the starting date of the event to be able to join the event.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Miss View Post
    Aside from Fraline who is using her main account and trueorigine also using his main rouge.

the rest of the old Lb guys in goblin event trying to cheat on this one and make a twink for faster kill and give a surprise on the last day.

Well STS you should have change the rules. you must be level 35 on the starting date of the event to be able to join the event.
    Or... they realized they don't want to waste their time with a 3 week long event.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Baklolz ftw!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

well, what sts can do if they dont plan to rectify this is to make shady and surge untradeable

that way the twinks they made will be useless even if they level up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    well, what sts can do if they dont plan to rectify this is to make shady and surge untradeable

that way the twinks they made will be useless even if they level up
    This!!!
    Is the most dumb remark ever.
    A lot of people are going for the lb because they want to sell the egg.
    And the egg would be far from useless.
    And all fair people will start complaining.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

People need to understand that STS cannot change the rules of an event halfway through. Aside from fixing a major bug or glitch, altering how the leadersboards are determined is a big no no.

Yes, Next event, they can adjust it to whatever works, but I'll assure you, loopholes will always be found.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

How very astute of you to assume that just because old goblin leaderboarders are not on the lb now, they are twinking and going for the ranks later in the event. I am one of those rogues and no, I am not going for the leaderboard as a twink or whatever. Are you saying perhaps Zeus and Eyrika are doing the same? I talked to Eyrika at the start of the event and we both just wanted to get to gold tier. I doubt that Zeus will resort to such an underhanded maneuver as well.

Good luck to everyone going for the leadeboards! And to those who thought of using twinks and then levelling up, really, get a life people. I know how it feels to grind and keep checking your spot on the lb. Don't burn their hopes.

Sent from this iPhone which seems stuck to my hands...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classychic View Post
    How very astute of you to assume that just because old goblin leaderboarders are not on the lb now, they are twinking and going for the ranks later in the event. I am one of those rogues and no, I am not going for the leaderboard as a twink or whatever. Are you saying perhaps Zeus and Eyrika are doing the same? I talked to Eyrika at the start of the event and we both just wanted to get to gold tier. I doubt that Zeus will resort to such an underhanded maneuver as well.

Good luck to everyone going for the leadeboards! And to those who thought of using twinks and then levelling up, really, get a life people. I know how it feels to grind and keep checking your spot on the lb. Don't burn their hopes.

once again.. this event will tell us a lot about the community Same game, different players.

You guys passed. I wonder what will happen this time.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

And to those who thought of using twinks and then levelling up, really, get a life people. I know how it feels to grind and keep checking your spot on the lb. Don't burn their hopes.

I wonder why parking a alt at a glitched portal and spamming it is, Okay.
    but making your twink enter the LB contest is "such an underhanded maneuver".
    If we have to judge what is good and what is bad let there be always impartiality or else we don't judge what is good and what is bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Default Low level Twinks joining the event

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I wonder why parking a alt at a glitch portal and spamming it is Okay.
    but making your twink enter LB contest is Not Okay.
    If we have to judge whats good and bad let impartiality be always there or else we don't judge what is good and what is bad.
    Those using twinks will NOT be on the leaderboard at all until towards the end of the event, that's why. There is no transparency in scores. If you are in the top 10 right now, you are technically running almost blindfolded. You are not only competing against the names on the leaderboard, but possibly some ghosts as well. During the goblin event we knew who we were up against, we could even form parties with each other. I'm just saying that it will be highly unfair for the people very much into competition now to be given false hope that they are in the lead, only to be overtaken at the last minute by people who were not even on the lb a day ago.

Add: Perhaps a possible solution would be for STS to lock down the possible top 10 two weeks into the event (or whatever time frame, as long as it isn't announced prematurely). If you are on your class leaderboard at this time, then you are in the running to be in the top 10. It would close the window for twinks levelling suddenly after gaining scores higher than the current top 10.

Last edited by Classychic; 07-08-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

How many people complaining about this!
    Guys you remember when tindirin has been realeased?
    There was a contest to win singe eggs if you guessed your right position between who leveled up to 41,there wasn't any leaderboard, now in this event it's like: you are in the first 10? ---> you win an arcane shady and surge egg but you don't really know your true position even if there's an indicative leaderboard (that could also be removed) so basically it's not so different.
    The only difference is if shady and surge will stay so rare or if they will make them available in other ways in the future

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firechandra View Post
    How many people complaining about this!
    Guys you remember when tindirin has been realeased?
    There was a contest to win singe eggs if you guessed your right position between who leveled up to 41,there wasn't any leaderboard, now in this event it's like: you are in the first 10? ---> you win an arcane shady and surge egg but you don't really know your true position even if there's an indicative leaderboard (that could also be removed) so basically it's not so different.
    The only difference is if shady and surge will stay so rare or if they will make them available in other ways in the future
    Actually, the difference is, you spend a lot of in game and real money on this one. Whereas in the Singe giveaway, anyone who is grinding to cap can join.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Those using twinks will NOT be on the leaderboard at all until towards the end of the event, that's why. There is no transparency in scores. If you are in the top 10 right now, you are technically running almost blindfolded. You are not only competing against the names on the leaderboard, but possibly some ghosts as well. During the goblin event we knew who we were up against, we could even form parties with each other. I'm just saying that it will be highly unfair for the people very much into competition now to be given false hope that they are in the lead, only to be overtaken at the last minute by people who were not even on the lb a day ago.

Just keep striving and hope you will maintain your position. Hopefully next contest will not have this exploit.
    But at least now if any group attempts some magnificiently, perfect, strange ties there is a good probability it won't work out so everyone will just need to go hard till the end.

You wanted to partecipate in the Lb contest, yes? then give it all you got.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Just keep striving and hope you will maintain your position. Hopefully next contest will not have this exploit.
    But at least now if any group attempts some magnificiently, perfect, strange ties there is a good probability it won't work out so everyone will just need to go hard till the end.

You wanted to partecipate in the Lb contest, yes? then give it all you got.
    Good luck to them, really. The week-long goblin event was already migraine-inducing. I can't imagine the pressure on this one. Especially with Helena being a "Major Payne" this time. (She totally wiped out the memory of past difficult bosses, imo. )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tharidom View Post
    This!!!
    Is the most dumb remark ever.
    A lot of people are going for the lb because they want to sell the egg.
    And the egg would be far from useless.
    And all fair people will start complaining.
    wow .. no need to be rude ... but cant be helped if you are that kind of person

18. The Following User Says Thank You to chitgoks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    wow .. no need to be rude ... but cant be helped if you are that kind of person
    I'm not rude but it's just an extremely useless/dumb remark which will only make the howl community angry if sts would do this with the reward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Dear STS!

I saw a lot of players making a low level 14-25 to join the event.

Players make this low level to kill boss fast and also by the time when event is near they will just level up to 35 and jump to leader board.

This is not fair we cant see the scores they made.

Maybe you should change the rules to 41 only. it means they need a lot of time to each 41 even if they make twinks to participate.

Also the reason people do this bec. its a 3 weeks event they got a lot of time to level up.

Your event has a lot of Flaws and a lot of mistakes! When can STS make a perfect event?

Also it only take 7hrs to Max out a level 1 toon.
    Just make the pet prize attached to the char only, instead of in eqq form. That way you would solved 98% of the lb being manipulated by any twinks....
    Last edited by Ipoopsy; 07-08-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Seems like someone lvld his dummy for event, he is in top10 mage on event board.
    Last edited by Haligali; 07-08-2014 at 02:09 PM.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post

Seems like someone lvld his dummy for event, he is in top10 mage on event board.
    Consider him off top 10, noticed the latest patch?