Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I officially hate Helena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

So I would have to agree that something is wrong with her. I have fought her with lvl 15, 31, 36 and 41 mages all with mostly top grand gemmed gear. Her scaling is definitely off. She is incredibly easy at lvl 15. I can kill her in less than a minute solo without the ward or any elixirs. At lvl 41 she is tough, but I think reasonable and doable with almost any party I get paired with in a PUG. At lvl 31 or 36, just forget about doing her in a PUG.

A much too common occurrence for me is joining a map with my lvl 31 mage, having a lvl 29 rogue and a lvl 32 warrior join me. I think to myself "not ideal, but doable." We make our way to the boss and bam, a lvl 36 warrior joins the map. Now a lvl 29 rogue and a lvl 31 mage are fighting a boss scaled to lvl 36 with lvl 32 and 36 warriors who do almost no damage and sometimes can't even stay alive, begging for mana the whole time. I feel like a mosquito trying to take down Godzilla. The few times I have decided to stick with it, assuming that the rest of the team doesn't give up, it takes me forever to kill her and I end up using hundreds of pots. An ok scenario if the drops were actually potentially good. I am usually not a fair weathered player and I don't give up easily, but unfortunately I do not find this boss either fun or worth it, and I recently more often then not have been finding myself just leaving the map if I am in a less than optimal team with my twinks
    Last edited by drgrimmy; 07-08-2014 at 11:54 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Yes, being in a PUG with a warrior that is 6 levels above me, that simply sucks. I don't see why STS is letting this go on without any comments.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Fighting Helena isn't hard so much as tiresome.

I liken it to having to chisel through a brick wall with a spoon, you'll get through it eventually, but you'll curse and hate every single minute of it.

Fighting a boss who is primarily a wall always sucks, you just gotta put your game face on and throw everything you have it.

A little piece of advise, auto attack and tapping your skills instead of charging does wonders against her HP - it also helps to have a team of gyrm users who know how to time his arcane ability. A high crit rate with skill tapping and auto attack is a good way to take her and the vines down fairly quickly.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sorcerie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Server going down...

Hopefully an answer to our prayers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tendirin View Post
    lol i think ursoth is way weaker than helena
    This. And whether I'm using my lvl 40 or my lvl 10, players bail as soon as they see her. I'm not into spending an entire afternoon chopping wood to kill ONE lousy boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Like others have said a huge problem is people attacking the vines and not her. That and leechers staying dead on the stage. She just takes a long time to kill.

A few things have worked well for me tho between my 3 mains and 3 twinks.

Mages Curse works well since she hits so hard. I try to time it for right before her star drop happens. Or like sirulian said just tap your skills if you don't have curse.

Warriors that don't have mythic or arcane weapons should be using conquerors wall of potency. The proc gives an armor boost and stuns the bosses a lot. Best weapon IMO for her. Plus using one attack skill with vb, jugg and horn keeps you alive really well.

My rogue has been using a magma security set and architect blades with smoke bomb and daggers strip her life much faster than bows will. Plus most bow users barely hit her because of vines. Staying alive is tough when smoke isn't up so that's the only time I can get killed with this set.

Also having a dash skill will get you back to the zone fast so she won't reset. Best advise I can give for Helena. Just remember if she wasn't here like this people would be flying through portal bosses like tarlok event. This slows it down.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

I request dev either not to slow users or lessen the frequency of vine spawn.

when I sometimes join in low lvl I see some random noobs either attacking vines or getting killed via overwhleming vines LOL. even bow rogues r useless as their auto attack hits vines only. but ik how to position vines in right side. dagger rogue with veil is best

nowadags, at endgame, due to the availability of Druid and living spirit sets which are cheap too, pugs are stronger now. and I nvr saw any guy leaving map when they see Helena since the beginning of ursoth event.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Like others have said a huge problem is people attacking the vines and not her. That and leechers staying dead on the stage. She just takes a long time to kill.

A few things have worked well for me tho between my 3 mains and 3 twinks.

Mages Curse works well since she hits so hard. I try to time it for right before her star drop happens. Or like sirulian said just tap your skills if you don't have curse.

Warriors that don't have mythic or arcane weapons should be using conquerors wall of potency. The proc gives an armor boost and stuns the bosses a lot. Best weapon IMO for her. Plus using one attack skill with vb, jugg and horn keeps you alive really well.

My rogue has been using a magma security set and architect blades with smoke bomb and daggers strip her life much faster than bows will. Plus most bow users barely hit her because of vines. Staying alive is tough when smoke isn't up so that's the only time I can get killed with this set.

Also having a dash skill will get you back to the zone fast so she won't reset. Best advise I can give for Helena. Just remember if she wasn't here like this people would be flying through portal bosses like tarlok event. This slows it down.
    yeah. agree with u.
    rogues using veil and daggers does nice dmg. also rogues must use Ward at endgame. even vines can kill them with starfall combo.
    in my twink I use veil+razor shield. and having ward makes me to move away easily to other side. daggers are perfect for this bboss and bows for ursoth.

also those war wearing, mythic set should use jugg.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    I wasn't going to make this thread until last run. She always roots me right at the tip of her 1 shot kill range. The warriors I always run with don't bother to use horn when we're all stuck, and we all end up getting killed in 1 shot. Not to mention, she takes about 10-15 years to kill.

Any thoughts or suggestions how to not get blown up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I hate how AL players are complaining about stuff like this. You are getting updates and new content. Be thankful for once.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jblazer For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jblazer View Post
    I hate how AL players are complaining about stuff like this. You are getting updates and new content. Be thankful for once.
    Exactly. No one is forced to participate in this event. If Helena is too OP for you, just ignore everything elondrian-related.
    <Enigmatic>
    Ludens necesse est, vivere non est necesse.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

One thing annoying about ye dear Helena:

A high-level spawn that you have to solo because everyone else, including the higher level/s that spawned her have left.

Even I get frustrated sometimes wondering why I'm tickling her.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

How about instead of nerfing Helena she had a chance of dropping some loot, any loot that is usable. I think a lot less folks would complain. There is just no reward for beating her.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thrindal View Post
    How about instead of nerfing Helena she had a chance of dropping some loot, any loot that is usable. I think a lot less folks would complain. There is just no reward for beating her.
    But you have an update sooooo. Honestly cmon AL. While the other legends games are waiting you guys are getting everything. Seriously. They put effort into your game, don't complain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Spent $10 on plat today to try to get to gold tier....EVERY SINGLE time I went in I got Helena....zero kills...zero rep...zero tokens....really devs? Why not take a page from WoW and nerf her after first week and only give achievement to those who downed her pre-nerf ...I am now looking for a new game to play due to this...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ndirish8178 View Post
    Spent $10 on plat today to try to get to gold tier....EVERY SINGLE time I went in I got Helena....zero kills...zero rep...zero tokens....really devs? Why not take a page from WoW and nerf her after first week and only give achievement to those who downed her pre-nerf ...I am now looking for a new game to play due to this...
    Really devs? Omg like really? Give me 10 updates and I'm gonna complain Might have to look for a new game with no new content because I am very mad! Very mad that you are taking time and putting in a lot of work into this game I play. I hate you guys. Just because you constantly update this game doesn't mean I should be thankful!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Actually, I wasn't complaining, I was asking for advice. Sorry if it offended you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    317 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Actually, I wasn't complaining, I was asking for advice. Sorry if it offended you.

Didn't offend me I'm just tired of seeing AL complainers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Well, I'm going to stop this conversation since it seems I am talking to a brick wall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

You will hardly meet a SL complainer on AL forums.

And yeah, I met her yesterday with lv21 sorc in a PUG of 4, we got pwned and 2 left. With the remaining lv23 warrior it took us 25 minutes to kill her. The warrior could not survive the plants, so we had to improvise a bit.
    But in the end, it's simply SUPER BORING!! I don't think my lv21 will make it to golden if I have to fight her like 40 times with 300 pots each..

One more remark.
    I have already fell asleep running Jarl, but never during actually playing the game - with one exception. Helena is so boring I often fall asleep fighting her!
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Whats really "fun" is when you have been hacking away at this **** for 20 min, she's almost dead, and the phone rings. Loose all that time and an energy point in an instant.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jabu For This Useful Post: