So I had an experience yesterday with a low level character(lvl 14) joining me for some KT4 runs. I am very use to this place and rarely die even with some significant pulls. The first run I died twice. I changed my lep to my wilds amulet for the next runs and didn't die but it took me longer to complete than I do solo with my lep and it was harder. I'm not sure exactly how they were harder but it was noticeable for me.

Does anyone know what factors scale mobs? We know mobs scale up based on the number of players in a map but does the level of that character affect the way they scale? Does the gear toons are wearing affect the way they scale?

I would love some dev input here. I am very interested to know what factors are taken into consideration for mob scaling. There was a thread a couple of weeks ago about scaling of mobs in relation to gear. Does this happen? Do low level players scale it up as much as a lvl 41?

I'm far too lazy to do any testing but I know some community members love doing this stuff. This is an area that really could use some research . . . or dev answers