Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Will twinks own the ursoth event leader board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Default Will twinks own the ursoth event leader board?

Maybe it is just a rumor but I thought this worthy of investigation by STS. I am hearing much upset over the race to win the new arcane pet from being in the top 10 players on the event leader boards in each class, and with good reason if this rumor is true. Are players actually using twinks to run the event in order to rack up the most possible points at low levels with with extremely devious plans to level up to 35+ the day before the event ends in order to win Shady & Surge? Has this event become similar to the time run LB for The Hauntlet? I don't know about how STS looks at this new problem but I cannot see much of a fair ending for all the players who began this race for the top 10 spots for this event as level 35+ toons if in the end all that is going to happen is the low levels amassing massive points with the lower Boss damage wind up wiping all their hard work right out of the top spots by leveling up at the last minute. Maybe STS should beware of how this will impact the endgame morale since they are the ones that stipulated players must be level 35 and up! A good hard look should be taken at the way the leader boards look now and at the end of the event to ensure that a bunch of new names do not suddenly appear in the top spots from twinking players thinking it is okay to level up and steal the glory so many others have worked so hard for by playing by the rules set in place by the devs at the start of this event!

P.S no one complain to me please, I am not racing for this event LB

2. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Well, if some twinks didnt exploit twink event running yet im sure they will now, thanks for leading their way =]

After many twinks already spent alot of platinum/gold on runs to gain however many points they have STG can not do anything against it.

You all should have thought about it before event started or on the first day but now its too late and changing the rules not letting twinks get on lb on the very last day would be stealing their money.

Once again ill suggest you ask for this thread to be removed cause youre giving many people ideas...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matanofx View Post
    Well, if some twinks didnt exploit twink event running yet im sure they will now, thanks for leading their way =]

After many twinks already spent alot of platinum/gold on runs to gain however many points they have STG can not do anything against it.

You all should have thought about it before event started or on the first day but now its too late and changing the rules not letting twinks get on lb on the very last day would be stealing their money.

Once again ill suggest you ask for this thread to be removed cause youre giving many people ideas...
    There are a handful of other threads discussing this exploit. No use closing this one now as this is already public.

You are right tho, STS is in a ditch. They can't just block the twinks from entering the lb after levelling up because they too spent resources.

Let us see what "solution" STS comes up to fix this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Rofl! I am not competing for this event so don't say you all (y'all since I am mostly southern) and I do not twink. My favorite LB is still the good old fashioned overall leader board for the entire game! And, these ideas were already up and running so chill and please provide a constructive reply!

Thankyou

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

My level 14 warrior can solo Helena in under 5min, this may be a valid concern.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Crowsfoot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

if someone rack up the top number of points......#1 position kinda points but did it all while under lvl 35 as to keep the heat off their back so noone knew how many points they had......
    i say wow they are smart. Thats a good way to keep your actual cost via plat or gold down because only you know how many points u have and noone else does so that could effectively make it a 1 man race with a huge lead. If thats the case i say well played u outsmarted the rest. kudos to you
    Life in general is full of loopholes its those that find them and take advantage of them that usually land on top.....nothing new here
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 07-09-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    if someone rack up the top number of points......#1 position kinda points but did it all while under lvl 35 as to keep the heat off their back so noone knew how many points they had......
    i say wow they are smart. Thats a good way to keep your actual cost via plat or gold down because only you know how many points u have and noone else does so that could effectively make it a 1 man race with a huge lead. If thats the case i say well played u outsmarted the rest. kudos to you
    Meh!

The Devs set the rules in the beginning of the event which is designed for 35+ level players!

A cheat is a cheat is a cheat! If one can't play a game without cheating then don't play!

Do not pass go! Do not collect 'kudos'! Turn off the game! Go play Scrabble with word cheat (with a 5 year old kid)!
    Last edited by leoakre; 07-09-2014 at 09:00 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leoakre View Post
    Meh!

The Devs set the rules in the beginning of the event which is designed for 35+ level players!

A cheat is a cheat is a cheat! If one can't play a game without cheating then don't play!
    devs never said u had 2 be lvl 35+ the entire time......
    They only stated that u have to be lvl 35 + to be on the leaderboard. I dont consider this cheating at all they still had to fight hundreds or thousands of the same 4 bosses over and over and over again. Same as anyone else did. and also spend ALOT of gold or plat, same as everyone else did. How is that cheating?
    Also i think their is a huge diffrence between being outsmarted and being cheated.....my opinion
    Seems to me the new leaderboards and energy inclusion in the last 2 events has done nothing but tear the community and guilds apart.
    I think perhaps stg might want to reconsider their future events. Tarlok anyone?
    Last edited by aarrgggggg; 07-09-2014 at 09:08 PM.
    Retired Officer
    Chivalrous Union
    AARRGGGGGG/ARCHANIST

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aarrgggggg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Meh!

Not so much as a cheater but more of being smart?
    Still tho, this is unfair. Sure both twinks and endgamers spent (well, after the "go to" got fixed) plat and gold for this. But the boss difficulty isn't the same. Twinks have it easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aarrgggggg View Post
    devs never said u had 2 be lvl 35+ the entire time......
    They only stated that u have to be lvl 35 + to be on the leaderboard. I dont consider this cheating at all they still had to fight hundreds or thousands of the same 4 bosses over and over and over again. Same as anyone else did. and also spend ALOT of gold or plat, same as everyone else did. How is that cheating?
    Also i think their is a huge diffrence between being outsmarted and being cheated.....my opinion
    Seems to me the new leaderboards and energy inclusion in the last 2 events has done nothing but tear the community and guilds apart.
    I think perhaps stg might want to reconsider their future events. Tarlok anyone?
    Oooooh! Tarlok was awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Twinks spend a heck of alot less time than lvl 35+ so yes its very unfair...
    Hope they can fix this little cheap way of getting on lb without HARDWORK..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I agree with this.
    I`m sure STS set the leaderboard for level 35s+ for a reason other than twinks leveling, at the last minute.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frigglish For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

My 9 tank kills Helena solo in 2 minutes lol. Good luck to anyone who runs legit!
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Rofl! I am not competing for this event so don't say you all (y'all since I am mostly southern) and I do not twink. My favorite LB is still the good old fashioned overall leader board for the entire game! And, these ideas were already up and running so chill and please provide a constructive reply!

Thankyou
    Iight relax, never did i say youre competing, i simply said making this info more public is doing no good, each post made about this is spreading the word.

Also i believe my post was extremely constructive i dont know what youre on about... you suggested they stop those twinks from lvling on the last day and taking over LB

I replied that they cant do that cause those twinks aswell as the LB runners already spent tons of plat/gold on this event and changing the rule suddenly in the middle of event would be same as stealing the twink players money.

Disagree? explain if yes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Iight relax, never did i say youre competing, i simply said making this info more public is doing no good, each post made about this is spreading the word.

Also i believe my post was extremely constructive i dont know what youre on about... you suggested they stop those twinks from lvling on the last day and taking over LB

I replied that they cant do that cause those twinks aswell as the LB runners already spent tons of plat/gold on this event and changing the rule suddenly in the middle of event would be same as stealing the twink players money.

Disagree? explain if yes.
    Rofl! Explain what? Read the rules of the contest! Common sense dictates!

P.S. STS can refund all the low levels who are trying to (and let me say this with the diplomacy used in the above posts) 'outsmart' everyone for the leader board prizes! Hell, for all I care they can say, TUFF luck ... which rhymes with trying to BLUFF my way to the top so I can win OP STUFF while sitting mostly on my low level twink DUFF!

NUFF said!
    Last edited by leoakre; 07-09-2014 at 10:00 PM. Reason: to be sarcastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

As for us been playing this game for like 2years, if this rumor is true then thats unfair, and lvl 35+ keep checking lb's to check there rank to make it to the top and secure themself if aiming for top 10, and since there saying about the twinks low lvls playing x2 faster and we cant see there rank till lvl 35+ is it fair for others ? so if this true is see this as exportation for some people and as you for a staff this is a serious issue occur for this event . so i hope to make any changes or anything to make it fair for everyone and thank you.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mokdaddd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

Where in the rules does it say you cant lvl up to lvl35 on the very last day?

It doesnt? oh so the twinks arent cheating at all theyre obeying the event rules, think a little and realize theyre not breaking any rule by lvling to 35 on the very last day

If you still dont understand what im trying to say im not gonna try more, i know the devs and mods understand and thats what matters, i hope they can find a solution to fit all cause proventing people from lvling on the last day is STEALING THEIR MONEY.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to matanofx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Where in the rules does it say you cant lvl up to lvl35 on the very last day?

It doesnt? oh so the twinks arent cheating at all theyre obeying the event rules, think a little and realize theyre not breaking any rule by lvling to 35 on the very last day

If you still dont understand what im trying to say im not gonna try more, i know the devs and mods understand and thats what matters, i hope they can find a solution to fit all cause proventing people from lvling on the last day is STEALING THEIR MONEY.

Haha! Common sense out the window! At least we know who is twinking their way up the LB from such replies!

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leoakre For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Hi mata, who is your twink and how many points ya have so far? Lol

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ceonatrah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Just to mention that my rogue twink lvl 13 can solo helena in 3 mins...
    With malison help ofc but she is damn fast...i think ur concers are right
    But sts cant just ban twinks...really!
    Fear is my second name...sometimes