Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My feedback: this event does not fit into my life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Actually, I've pugged at bronze and gotten ursoth many times. I usually see this on my warriors since they are slowest to move tiers.

Also, silver spawns ursoth when partied with bronze teammates.

I think the boss is determined maybe by the first person that enters the map.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    Actually, I've pugged at bronze and gotten ursoth many times. I usually see this on my warriors since they are slowest to move tiers.

Also, silver spawns ursoth when partied with bronze teammates.

I think the boss is determined maybe by the first person that enters the map. However, ursoth spawned multiple times in a row with only a silver and bronze.
    Yes, you are correct, I believe the first person who enters the map determines the boss, and I think at silver tier there is a small chance to get Ursoth. But if you run PUGs, you have no guarantee that you will be first to enter the map, and instead the first person who enters could be bronze or even be no tier. That needs to change. They need to group players by tier.

This was one of the big complaints about the goblin event, and judging that it has not yet been fixed, I'm guessing it may be a game client issue that will have to wait until a future game client update. Otherwise I think they would have fixed this already. I know they would certainly sell more energy kits, and players would make more runs through the event dungeon, if they did not have to stand around forever looking for a good party to run with.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

We asked for difficult bosses, not long ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Yes, you are correct, I believe the first person who enters the map determines the boss, and I think at silver tier there is a small chance to get Ursoth. But if you run PUGs, you have no guarantee that you will be first to enter the map, and instead the first person who enters could be bronze or even be no tier. That needs to change. They need to group players by tier.

This was one of the big complaints about the goblin event, and judging that it has not yet been fixed, I'm guessing it may be a game client issue that will have to wait until a future game client update. Otherwise I think they would have fixed this already. I know they would certainly sell more energy kits, and players would make more runs through the event dungeon, if they did not have to stand around forever looking for a good party to run with.
    I don't think it matters who enters the map first. I've partied solo and with a group making sure that we were all at gold level, and knowing solo I was at gold. Urosoth maybe spawned 25% of the time as Helena seems very common. I believe it's just random and you get the luck of the draw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

As for the comment suggesting that nothing in this game should take more than 15-20 minutes, I very much disagree. I've been playing since season 1 where elite Gold Mine took over an hour to complete, and in season 3 where elite Skull Cove took around an hour. So yes, this game has always had very hard dungeons that take a long time. It is not mandatory that you do them, just like it is not mandatory that you do this event. So if you don't like it, then don't do it.

Please stop with the attitude that if one little particular item in the game does not suit your taste than it should be gotten rid of. I would hope that a big game that has many thousands of players would have enough variety that NOBODY would like everything in the game, and that everyone would find many things in the game that they don't prefer. That is how you attract a diverse crowd. Then we all choose the parts of the game that we prefer and we concentrate on those areas. That is how it works.

Contrary to what you may think, there are lots of players in AL who play long marathon sessions of 5+ hours, some of them almost every day. And there are some who play for 10 minutes once per week. There should be parts of the game that would appeal to both of those groups and everyone else in between.
    You, and I are not the average player of this game though. Sitting down 3-5hrs daily is pretty normal for us. BUT the average player wants to come in, play 5-30 minutes, and not feel frustrated about wasting their time. STS created a 3 WEEK EVENT FOR EVERYONE yet players are feeling frustrated that the hardest boss of the event not only drops nothing, but also ends up wasting their time and precious energy. Not only that, you have fight this boss repeatedly before you got a chance to maybe fight Ursoth. Eventually, they'll just stop coming. And I'm pretty sure thats not in STS's best interest.

Had Ursoth been the toughest boss (and he should have been) people would not mind finding and fighting him because they knew there is a chance at the best drops from the event.
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hectororius For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hectororius View Post
    You, and I are not the average player of this game though. Sitting down 3-5hrs daily is pretty normal for us. BUT the average player wants to come in, play 5-30 minutes, and not feel frustrated about wasting their time. STS created a 3 WEEK EVENT FOR EVERYONE yet players are feeling frustrated that the hardest boss of the event not only drops nothing, but also ends up wasting their time and precious energy. Not only that, you have fight this boss repeatedly before you got a chance to maybe fight Ursoth. Eventually, they'll just stop coming. And I'm pretty sure thats not in STS's best interest.

Had Ursoth been the toughest boss (and he should have been) people would not mind finding and fighting him because they knew there is a chance at the best drops from the event.
    Fair enough, I agree that Helena takes too long to defeat. I think a bigger issue is not matching players of equal tiers in PUGs though. I spend far more time standing around trying to find a party than I do fighting Helena, and I belong to the best guild Karma. I can only imagine the frustration of players who are in smaller guilds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    When I started this Ursoth event I thought maybe the long combats would be rare and I would be able to fit the game sessions into a coffee break or a bus ride. There was just one boss that was OP and I trusted the devs to figure it out and nerf it.

Now a week has gone by and there has been no change. The OP boss occurs most frequently, and drops nothing at all, not even an entangled chest. There is no reward. I've done everything at my end to try to hasten the encounters: got the 10 plat item, bought armor lixirs, new pets, etc. There is no answer, no trick. The encounters just take what time they take and there is nothing you can do about it.

Now I am faced with the question, is Dovabear worth it? Do I go into seclusion instead of enjoying breakfast with my wife? Do I take half hour coffee breaks just because of a game? Do I let the sense of being ripped off (25 minutes, 7 deaths, one green useless weapon) leak over into the rest of my life?

The duty of the devs with player contact seems to not be to bring our feedback to the team, but to tell us why our feedback is wrong.

No. I must make choices, and I choose to enjoy my family and my music and to read.

I'm here, I'm playing, but I have given up on Ursoth. Dovabear is not worth the aggravation. Nothing drops. Why bother?
    hey and you forgot the random pms you get from cool names! lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Games are meant to be played during our relaxation time, or time when the gametime wont conflict anything happening IRL, if its conflicting with "breakfasst with your wife" why would you alot game time during breakfast?

@dova, good thing Helena likes us low levels
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Fair enough, I agree that Helena takes too long to defeat. I think a bigger issue is not matching players of equal tiers in PUGs though. I spend far more time standing around trying to find a party than I do fighting Helena, and I belong to the best guild Karma. I can only imagine the frustration of players who are in smaller guilds.
    I don't care about tier matchmaking but when i join map with levels 38, me being 41 thats when i get pissed.