Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Alex's feedback on the impression of the darium patch and re-balance changes.

Thanks

Default Alex's feedback on the impression of the darium patch and re-balance changes.

Hey STS developers,
    I can see alot of work being put into this and i want to be very honest and share what i think.
    As a player of this game since last year Nov i really hope to be playing this game for long but some things will need to change before you push this patch out.

so here it goes

General changes
    I like the fact in PVP will show the opponent's alliance!

Re-balancing patch

Infantry - They remain pretty much the same.
    Grenadiers - They remain pretty much the same.
    commandoes become 1 tile range. i can deal with this
    Spies - Finally They will work good now. a little boost in hp did help but they not able to last long without nanos still
    ATX - crazily over powered since now it goes after defence instead. please consider reverting them to originally mindless ATX lol
    M.E.D.I.C: now they can only keep 1 unit alive when it comes under fire. Please considering making the unit perform pulse heal every 5 seconds or so.. example with a 6 tile ranges. once it detects any friendlys with non-full HP, it performs a pulse which heals any friend in the 6 tile diametre and continue it doing it every 5 seconds or so.

Bikes - practically ineffective now, i do not see the splash damage that was mention, and they take long to take out general buildings. I request to revert them to their original form which everyone is so used to.
    Jeeps - i do not see much difference, but i do encountered an enemy embassy troop of 1 x 2 star flying armada + 5 star choppers and all my 16 5*jeeps destroyed so it doesn't work as anti air if that was the intend.
    Tanks - now initally the tanks were aiming at nearest targets yesterday and now it become what it used to which is hitting defences. im not sure which was the intended design. but the latter works for me.

patriots - They rock intially when they go after defence. then it got changed back to the random shooter again today. i like to propose to make Patriot an mobile artillary vehicle. u dont need two high armour vehicles doing similar things. I suggest that reduce their firing rate and movement/reload speed. But give them the ability to do long range damage since. their reach is their ultimate weapon. 6 tile or so, slow firing rate, but insane damage n splash damage. increase the housing space so hq10 can only hold 3 of them maximum.

Drones - oh no... this is one of the worst changes. 20 drones got 2 hit killed by a maxed out missile pod...it's no fun to have it destory non-essential targets... airstrikes should be highly coordinated and sorted with defence in piority in all military forces.
    i suggest to keep all air units as it was before, some aspect of the game was highly fun to play with. removing drones takes out the soul of the game.
    this is one of them. everyone who play b.c knows the two units which is fast, defence killing but with low hit points..the bikes n drones.

choppers - 10min build is too much. please revert to original build time of 6 minutes. can't expect to build 5 of them in 30minutes... it will greatly decrease the combat abilites of hq 10

Air strikes, works as intended.
    Nano - got nerfed down pretty good, extremely strong bases will be very hard to beat from now. i have yet to try attacking an hq10 base. i think it will be much harder now.
    Sat Strikes - works as intended, and players can't use them to hit resources now as their effect radius is smaller
    Ladder - works as intended and making it more worthwhile as it last longer
    Frost Bite - i have no idea what this does. i thought it's suppose to cause damage to the defence but when i cast upon them, i see a snow thingy animation but not showing the HP of the defence n the rate it reduces. i believe some more work is needed on this?
    supply drop - i didn't try this.

Darium content

Extremely hard to obtain 3 types of gems for darium fusion. My alliance have around 10 guys in our alliance and non of us manage to fuse it, instead we bought it with the free crystals otherwise we wont be able to test the units. please reconsider farming Dairum directly or reducing the fusion requirements from 3 types of gems to 2 types. so we have more ppl with gems of either types.

Darium research labs - capacity is 10 000, at least raise it to 100 000. a simple unit like darium cyborg cost 700 darium already.

Diamond/Amber/ruby mines = 3000 per hour. capacity 10 000. same, i feel it is too little. also, i can't seem to raid enemies of their mines, at least i haven't seen one enemy with the mines.

Darium Weapons lab - there is a bug or potential resource hack to prevent others from taking your darium. the darium beam can be queue for 60 times meaning it can use to store more than the darium capacity on the darium research labs. on the screen it shows for Order creation capacity 60/5. 3500 per darium beam x 60 = 210 000 dairum queued but capacity of dairum research lab can only hold 15k. this will make darium resource impossible to find in PVP as players will queue darium beam before they log off so no dairum will seat in the storages for others to loot.

Darium defence

Darium Pulsar - over the span of 3 minutes, the darium pulsar only fire once or twice.. the damage done is also insignifcant i think no one will bother refilling the ammo. it needs to fire more frequently, every 15 seconds or 30 seconds. or it should infect the units like the Acid mine does.. corrosive and slowly draining the HP

Darium Laser - has two modes of quick firing on longer heavier strike... i only tried the longer strike and i find that it also does insignifcant damage. i expect that a 5* tank reduced to 1/2 HP at least. considering it take so long to hit one and it doesn't seem to do splash damage. remember the mining and fusing of darium is very troublesome and if it's not worth those trouble, no one will bother with darium troops or defence.

Darium Cyborg, they do okay, but sadly the fact that no one will ever used them for hitting resource/storage because they are worth too much darium. i would rather use grenadiers or choppers to clear the base of resouces and they cost so much cheaper.
    they shouldn't be used as resouce gatherers.

Darium general, this is a good add! they go good with the game! causing area units to have higher damage

Darium beam - this is really powerful, it took out level 9 walls with 1 hit. level 10 walls left with few hundred hp left. This is going to be the new game changer
    but considering it takes 3500 darium to build 1. it should totally melt the level 10 walls as well! im a hq10 and if a lower level have access to this and decide to use it on me and win, i would have applaude the win!

Flying Armada - this unit is cool, it flys slow and goes after defence first and can take alot of hits. but whats with that little green lazers. that look so odd when it fires the little green lazer. doesn't do it any justice! i personally like it to fire with huge green beam like the darium laser hehe

Overall, i give the existing version a 4/10 due to the gameplay changes that made more units useless. example bikes and drones no longer going after defence.
    medic heals only 1 unit instead of area, spies are improved but its not going to last in the batlefied. commandos range nerfed to 1 tile instead of 2 tile which makes combat so much harder. ATX is overly powered and everyone will only use ATX if it remains like this. Tanks still does what it does, patriots becomes faster. choppers build time increase another nono
    darium takes too much gems to fuse. you can hardly find darium to loot in pvp. and you don't get to loot diamond/amber/rubys. overly troublesome to request 2 different types of gems to fuse them.

the darium defences are nothing to wow at, nor is cyborgs. general increases units damage around it but going by how almost no one uses the Ladder before the patch i doubt any player will use the general. i know i wont. i rather look into how to increase the life expectancy of my troops in battle.
    flying aramada is good but expensive and dairum again is hard to loot in pvp and even harder to obtain in embassy to fuse. dairum beam take out level 9 walls but have an insane price tag on it. 30 commandos or 10 spies would have done the job.

so in short, the patch is infact making the game unplayable, and also in a way, the darium patch are like forcing solo players to quit the game, because they will never get the gems for dairum fusing. i personally like the theme, but i think it makes it so different and me being on this game since nov13, been asked to re-invent the way to play with less effective units seem counter-intuitive.

i hope you understand what i am trying to say and i sincerly hope you can make this game a big sucess

2. The Following User Says Thank You to apaini For This Useful Post:

G-M

Thanks

I know of lot of this is based on opinion, as is any review, but there are a few things I wanted to point out.

Quote Originally Posted by apaini View Post
    Frost Bite - i have no idea what this does. i thought it's suppose to cause damage to the defence but when i cast upon them, i see a snow thingy animation but not showing the HP of the defence n the rate it reduces. i believe some more work is needed on this?
    It says right in the icon description what it does. "Chill your enemy's towers, preventing them from attacking."

over the span of 3 minutes, the darium pulsar only fire once or twice.. the damage done is also insignifcant i think no one will bother refilling the ammo. it needs to fire more frequently, every 15 seconds or 30 seconds.
    Over the span of 3 minutes the pulsar actually fires 6 times because it does fire every 30 seconds.. and when it goes off its putting out 120 damage to the ENTIRE base.. I'm not sure what more you would want out of a weapon. I will definitely be keeping it filled.

medic heals only 1 unit instead of area
    The medics still have an area affect heal, it says right in their icon's description "area splash", and if you use them in battle you can literally see them healing multiple targets.

Just a few things I wanted to point out, have fun testing!
    Last edited by Vapes.; 07-11-2014 at 11:40 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Agreed the chAnges to drones sucks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vapes. View Post
    I know of lot of this is based on opinion, as is any review, but there are a few things I wanted to point out.
    Over the span of 3 minutes the pulsar actually fires 6 times because it does fire every 30 seconds.. and when it goes off its putting out 120 damage to the ENTIRE base.. I'm not sure what more you would want out of a weapon. I will definitely be keeping it filled.
    The Pulsar is good, yes, but it does very little damage to tanks and patriots. When a pulsar "exploded", I thought the health bar on my tanks didn't even change...

@Alex: bikes are actually very good! Send out a lot of them, like at least 15, and you'll see the amount of damage they can do. I sent out all 24 against a lvl 8 HQ, and the HQ itself got destroyed by bikes alone in about 3 seconds max. I love the bikes, great for farming imo.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vapes. View Post

It says right in the icon description what it does. "Chill your enemy's towers, preventing them from attacking."
    This was previously shown in the original BC as "slowly damaging the enemy defence towers" or something like that.. sorry as i am so used to how the original game play is like i skip the reading part for some.
    sorry maybe i wasn't clear, my attackers always come with full tanks and atx. in my opinion when darium is required to armed the defence, it should be insanely strong to do damage, that was my expectation and maybe i should not have think so much. the animation of the blast radius going off is really cool but i wasn't impress with the fact it didn't manage to kill any that my enemy drop at me. With atx going for defence my 3 tier wall was brought down like nothing so having the two addtional defence doesn't seem to have in the defence at all. previously i would have likely stop an attack like this.

The medics still have an area affect heal, it says right in their icon's description "area splash", and if you use them in battle you can literally see them healing multiple targets.

Just a few things I wanted to point out, have fun testing!
    I like to know how u did it, i clustered my commandos and the medic only heal one of them when a mortar hits them. maybe u like to share how u manage to get them to do area heal?

Quote Originally Posted by Drearivev View Post
    The Pulsar is good, yes, but it does very little damage to tanks and patriots. When a pulsar "exploded", I thought the health bar on my tanks didn't even change...

@Alex: bikes are actually very good! Send out a lot of them, like at least 15, and you'll see the amount of damage they can do. I sent out all 24 against a lvl 8 HQ, and the HQ itself got destroyed by bikes alone in about 3 seconds max. I love the bikes, great for farming imo.
    yes the animation was so darn cool... the damage, not cool hehe.

Yes i know bikes works wonders when you many of them, let me share how i use bikes as hq 10 in the original game. i basically wan to play more as hq 10 so instead of building crazy strong 5* tanks with 3 x tank factory /hr. which if i have to play continuous would be almost impossible.

so i build bikes which every 15minutes i get 3 of them. and everytime when i get a nano ready which is 45 minutes i will attack an relatively easier base.

few atx clear the exterior buildings, commandos break the walls, remaining atx n bikes will go inside enemy perimeter with nano casted. the usual scenerio, bikes under nano kill defence fastest. lie i will be li will attack with whatever bikes i have, the max i would have by then is 12. but it's not always that amount. with it's high dps and easy to die characteristic, i really find it a shame for sts to change this excellent units like bikes n drone into some mindless attacking vehicle.

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,084 Times in 1,386 Posts

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such in depth feedback. This is exactly what we were hoping for when we opened up the public test server.
    | | | | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com