Thread: My Feedback on the Darium Update

Thanks

Default My Feedback on the Darium Update

I have to say in overall this update was great! It adds some uniqueness from any other game of this genre I know of and also adds some more challenges. Here is my feedback on the update:

Activating the Darium Research Lab is very hard and time-consuming (at least in the beta, where there will be less people than the full game). I'm not sure if the amount of gem mines are split equally because I looked through many bases in my alliance and ones outside my alliance too, but I found absolutely nobody with a Ruby Mine. And another thing that has been said a few times, increase the storage capacity of the Darium Storage. It is way too little and people won't be finding much Darium in PvP either.

Moving on to the Darium units and defenses:

Cyborg: flying grenadiers that die even quicker that grenadiers do. They have more health than grens, but it's just that it dies waaay quicker because rocket pods easily blast them out of the sky. 2 or 3 hits and they're dead, no matter how many you send. If you can destroy rocket pods before sending these cyborgs in, they will be much more effective, working like how grens do right now: clean up a base by taking its resources. I think they need a +1 in either range or speed to make them worth their cost. Either that or lower cost.

General: I tried these things yesterday but couldn't use them well. Tried them again and they worked very well. They go well with things that have a speed stat of 2 else they get to fast for it, just like how the Medic works. Damage increase is noticeable and helpful.

Darium beam: one word: overpowered. Destroys all walls except lvl 10 in one hit. Even lvl 10 is left with only 200 health, which when you think of it, isn't a lot. Either nerf it or increase price imo.

Armada: it's pretty good in general. Give it some support from a speed/damage increase, and it'll do well. I like how it targets defenses; I first thought it would attack closest target.

Pulsar: doesn't do much damage after charging up for so long. I expected it to obliterate nearly everything in its range, but it didn't. Even bikes take very little damage from it. Please consider increasing damage a bit because there is lots of stuff with high health and at least decent damage that can easily threaten an entire base with a little support from a Satcom order/Darium generals. Some of these are tanks, jeeps, and patriots.

Laser: I've only tried the quick firing because off of the stats it showed between the two modes, the quick firing lost 10 damage and I thought it would fire a lot faster. The Darium laser is decent because it attacks a lot and the damage it does to the flying armadas slowly adds up, although it is very little.

Balance changes:

Infantry: seem the same. Still pretty weak and the worst thing, it attacks closest target.
    Grenadiers: seem the same. Health increase didn't help a lot imo.
    Commandos: nerf to range and increased housing space (3) made me not want to use them. I tried them and was surprised that they were very tanky, and support from the Darium general/The Ladder makes it quite good.
    Spies: I love these now. Health buff was great and they break through walls and defenses really well!
    ATX: hard to kill and still do a bit too much damage. But I think it's fine because they are not always fast enough to escape hits from mortars/cruise missiles. They can die quite quickly against maxed or nearly maxed defenses, just like everything else.
    Medics: much more viable now. I wish they can heal all units within range though. Would make them even better.

Bikes: awesome. Area splash was great, and if you send out a lot of them they do a ton of damage! Build time reduction was good too.
    Jeeps: not as good as before but still viable. They are still pretty powerful and can survive a few hits from stuff (but cruise missiles still wreck them lol). Build time reduction was good here too.
    Tanks: nerf to range was really hard on tanks, lol. I was wondering why they had to break through walls to attack the defenses only to find out their range is now 2. Lots of health make them very hard to take down which I like, because I generally prefer more health over more damage. The build time can be further reduced to 20 minutes I think. That would be better.
    Patriots: really good now. Lots of damage and health, people will actually use them now. Build time was great, from 1 hour 46 minutes to 35 minutes.

Drones: they get destroyed by rocket pods very quickly. Attacking closest target was the worst thing that happened to drones. They should at least have their old health amount (if the health was decreased, that is). Also, 4 housing space is a weird number. I would prefer 5.
    Choppers: they were good before with 6 minutes to build them. 10 is a bit too much.

Air strike: these were fine before imo. Was there anything changed???
    Nano med: huge nerf, but much needed. Bases will be tough to take down now.
    Sat strike: work fine now.
    The Ladder: this is okay, but I think an executive order should have a higher damage increase than a troop (Darium general). I would love to see either this or Supply Drop give a health increase too, like maybe 30% health increase or something like that.
    Frostbite: needs some work. Maybe deal damage overtime to affected towers on top of preventing them from attacking?
    Supply Drop: pretty good actually. Good for slow stuff (obviously). Like I said for The Ladder, a health increase for this or that would be cool!
    Last edited by Drearivev; 07-12-2014 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks

Hah, I've got rubies for days. We have around 11 or 12 people that have set up the beta and I think we only have one guy with diamonds! If we get that same bad luck when this thing hits the main servers I'll definitely be recruiting someone just for their diamonds. Even with that bad luck its still one of my favorite features of the update though. It adds a bit of uniqueness to the game, just like the weapon that can switch between modes. Hopefully we see more of that type of thing in the future.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vapes. View Post
    Hah, I've got rubies for days. We have around 11 or 12 people that have set up the beta and I think we only have one guy with diamonds! If we get that same bad luck when this thing hits the main servers I'll definitely be recruiting someone just for their diamonds. Even with that bad luck its still one of my favorite features of the update though. It adds a bit of uniqueness to the game, just like the weapon that can switch between modes. Hopefully we see more of that type of thing in the future.
    Lucky, we have absolutely nobody with rubies <_> We have like 4 requests for rubies just sitting there, empty.

I'm hoping for modes for more defenses too!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Agreed wid dat but changes to drones n comm needa be reversed in the update