482 Posts

Not soon enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by keikali View Post
    Not soon enough.

AMEN! I love watching LB players waste their lives, plat, and money as long as I can :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

So like another week?! Waaa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Best 3 Weeks Ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Best event ever hands down.

For who has lot of free time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

If this event could stay forever I'd be very happy. I'm pretty sure it ends next Tuesday, so July 22nd.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    322 Posts

I agree that this event is the best thing ever! for those who have time =]

Ended up not too bad im still a lil upset the elondrian essences arent dropping more frequent than the rest so it takes me long to craft my crates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm getting really bored with it. Here is how my typical time playing seems to go lately:

1) Log in, spend a half hour looking for a party to run the event with. I'm in the #1 guild Karma, so you would think that would be easy, but most of the time I cannot find a party to run with even though I'm an arcane mage that is gold tier. So I can only imagine how it is for lesser equipped players in smaller guilds.

2) I finally lose my patience and decide to do some PUG runs.

3) We get helena or ursoth, and after 20 minutes of playing, lots of deaths, and still not killing the boss, people start quitting. I then have to decide if it's worth trying to solo the boss even though it will cost me 500 health potions.

4) I decide it's not worth 500 health potions and 20 minutes of my time, so I quit as well and lose the energy point I used to get there.

5) I stand around wondering what else there is to do at this moment that everyone is so consumed with this event.

Lack of ability to run PUGs is going to kill this game eventually. That is the one aspect that made Pocket Legends such a fun game, and it makes AL so difficult even for a leaderboard player like myself with very good arcane/mythic gear. I can only imagine how discouraging this is for new players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

It could have been good but grinding out energy just to waste it because nobody listens and or quits everytime ruimes it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I'm getting really bored with it. Here is how my typical time playing seems to go lately:

1) Log in, spend a half hour looking for a party to run the event with. I'm in the #1 guild Karma, so you would think that would be easy, but most of the time I cannot find a party to run with even though I'm an arcane mage that is gold tier. So I can only imagine how it is for lesser equipped players in smaller guilds.

3) We get helena or ursoth, and after 20 minutes of playing, lots of deaths, and still not killing the boss, people start quitting. I then have to decide if it's worth trying to solo the boss even though it will cost me 500 health potions.

4) I decide it's not worth 500 health potions and 20 minutes of my time, so I quit as well and lose the energy point I used to get there.

5) I stand around wondering what else there is to do at this moment that everyone is so consumed with this event.

Lack of ability to run PUGs is going to kill this game eventually. That is the one aspect that made Pocket Legends such a fun game, and it makes AL so difficult even for a leaderboard player like myself with very good arcane/mythic gear. I can only imagine how discouraging this is for new players.
    U can always try pm'ing me, not arcane nor mythic but I don't leave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

1. Obviously being in the Number 1 guild doesnt mean anything when it comes to playing the game.

2. Dont PUG, these bosses are very easy to beat in 2-3 or solo. esp for an arcane mage.

3. Dont quit.

4. see above

5. Aside from getting a little repetitive after week one, its fun to help guildmates hit the gold cap and to help them defeat the likes of Helena. Maybe its because I also have 3 capped toons I can help in any situation, but again, being an arcane mage you should have any problems helping your guildmates, or yourself for that matter.

While I refuse to run my warrior Solo, i have pugged with my other toons and never found a party I didnt like. Maybe its just my luck, or my ability to communicate with other party members on how to fight the bosses properly, but by this point, most players know what to do.

My only complaint about Helena is that her drops are not worth the effort. But killing her is not my problem.

and on topic, Event Ends Monday July 21st, 1:30 CDT
    <The Collective> Retired Warrior/Born Again Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Running the event map is the worst part of this event. There is no denying that. I only fight Ursoth now. I'm usually able to find one or two people to help at any given moment from my guild. The problem I found is a lot of players bought kits and got to gold tier in the first 1 to 3 days. It would be better if people had some patience and took a couple weeks to finish. That being said as long as there are two people you can take down any of the bosses. Add me in game I'll run with you when I'm on.

The real benefit of this event is giving people a way of making money. As soon as this is gone locks go back to 6.5k and elites are useless(except Spidey). These events are needed to keep things moving. I didn't have much to do before the event started and now I can't find enough time to do everything I want to do. It keeps me interested and wanting to play as much as possible. I'm a fairly poor player though so I'm driven by gold for the most part. I'm sure richer players may not find the event as appealing as I do, but it still adds a new aspect to their game play. The more content available at any given time the better.