Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm SO DONE..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default I'm SO DONE..

It's one thing when at lower levels 20's, 30's people zone out on event runs when they get Helena as Boss of the zone. BUT... (insert angry face) at lvl41 I was pretty much forced to burn THREE Energy's in a row!! (The total amount u get on your toon per day) -and yes i know energy essences can be farmed but that's not the point here-
    I get it, u might say make a prty then go in... This event should accommodate pugs just fine.
    But I zone in with Party 1:a group of 3 Warriors we see Helena as boss THEY ALL ZONE OUT, Group 2 Warrior 2mages & myself a mage -The warrior zones out- then subsequently the mages zone out.. Group 3 1 rogue, 2 Warriors (Warriors zone out).
    The warriors zoned AS SOON as they saw Helena was the boss for zone & didn't EVEN TRY at all, other classes zone out as well but in my experience majority of the time its warriors that bail first. I didn't want my event fun to end in a total of 5mins for the day so I went and paid for a energy kit.
    Yay!! We zoned in prty of 2 Rogues, Warrior and myself the mage... we got the Lizard boss Europhy something. GUESS WHAT... wait for it.. THE WARRIOR charged up FIRST and charged straight in to attack. O.O i almost fainted... wait wait the boss WASN'T Helena oh yea right..

This has happened to me MANY times in this event as well as to MANY other players, finally the frustration got to me where i had to post. Good thing this event is only 5 more days.
    P.S I hope STS makes their next event where ALL of the Bosses are as hard as Helena... and see if ppl just simply give up instead of rise to the challenge. Because giving up if all bosses were equally difficult & main boss was incredibly difficult most likely wouldn't happen. You would have to succ it up & face the challenge instead of zoning out looking for an easier challenge.
    Everyone doesn't have the gold to buy energy kits or the time to farm essences then wait the hours it takes for them to finish crafting. When ppl choose to zone out & others aren't allow to join, there decision to run hurts me as well (burned energy) and that's not right.
    Last edited by Hottsauce; 07-16-2014 at 12:23 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hottsauce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

oh truu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Pt up with ur guild and stop complaining, if u don't want to waste ur energy solo helena then it's not hard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

The moral of this story is? That warriors are noobs that are scared of Helena? How do you propose that we fix this??
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

People zone out because:
    1. They don't know about the blind spot where vines can't follow.
    2. They don't want to waste time on a boss that drops nothing(this includes me).

All the bosses can be soloed. Even a warrior can solo Helena. ( Will make a video on this, lol)
    Last edited by Back; 07-16-2014 at 12:37 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

@Hottsauce, ask the minutemen, it's a group of warriors, mages, and rogues that help on things like this.

Sorry to hear about your frustration. Hmu and if I got energy left I'll help, and probably drag along pesky rogue from my guild too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

I just party with guild or friends when killing helena at endgame

2 lvl41 mages + 1 lvl41 warrior + elon. ward = helena dies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    651 Posts

Won't lie, I zone out if I meet her too. Heck I even zoned out when I was on my warrior and 3 other warriors showed up for ursoth.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Pug is horrible alot of time...
    To my view rogues are best against helena yay to rogues..
    Most of pug cases I also found out mostly warriors get zone out first!!! But its just they bad warrior ish maybe!!!
    Not to blame all warriors tough there are so many great warriors and with a great warrior Helena is so easy for attacking classes. Those horn of renew and taunts are life saver

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Pug is horrible alot of time...
    To my view rogues are best against helena yay to rogues..
    Most of pug cases I also found out mostly warriors get zone out first!!! But its just they bad warrior ish maybe!!!
    Not to blame all warriors tough there are so many great warriors and with a great warrior Helena is so easy for attacking classes. Those horn of renew and taunts are life saver
    This guy just needs to stop complaining, if u blame other people of wasting ur energy then u need to think another time and solo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tharidom View Post
    Pt up with ur guild and stop complaining, if u don't want to waste ur energy solo helena then it's not hard.
    Everyone don't have the best or most active guild . More than half people in this game relies on pug, can't blame him. And for a non arcane mage soloing Helena is not easy either mate!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Everyone don't have the best or most active guild . More than half people in this game relies on pug, can't blame him. And for a non arcane mage soloing Helena is not easy either mate!!
    I solo her on my warrior and I'm also not arcane but it does work out fine in a short time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

How do u solo when u get 1 hit killed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tharidom View Post
    I solo her on my warrior and I'm also not arcane but it does work out fine in a short time.
    Yes you are a warrior you can take a bit time but you don't die and reset Helena's life. Even plat revival reset her life alot of time while soloing... I have all the classes and I have soloed helena with mage aswel many times but its not easy and lots of people don't know the way to do, we can't blame one for that!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

-no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merchtime View Post
    When you see the red cone pointing at you... move.

If your team leaves you in a pug... reset the the boss and invite other friends. Or just wait and see if others join you. Don't blame the players. The loot from Helena sucks. Plain and simple. Don't expect people to hang around and fight the boss because YOU want it. This isn't about the boss being hard. Its about the boss being hard with no benefit. She's just as hard as Ursoth with half the points given and crap loot.

If anything, this should be a request to STS that if they are going to make a hard boss, improve the loot table.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    When you see the red cone pointing at you... move.

If your team leaves you in a pug... reset the the boss and invite other friends. Or just wait and see if others join you. Don't blame the players. The loot from Helena sucks. Plain and simple. Don't expect people to hang around and fight the boss because YOU want it. This isn't about the boss being hard. Its about the boss being hard with no benefit. She's just as hard as Ursoth with half the points given and crap loot.

If anything, this should be a request to STS that if they are going to make a hard boss, improve the loot table.
    +1
    From mortal hope springs immortal power
    toons: goebejake rogue, saltspear mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I agree with everything said so far. I've been wasting energy as well. I already reached gold tier on my level 41, so at this point the only point of doing the event dungeon is to farm Ursoth or to get tokens. And 17 tokens is not worth even one death IMO (yes, I do care about my PvE KDR). So unless I am with a good party, I keep my distance from Helena and only fire off skills from a distance. If the warriors all die or people start leaving, then I leave too.

As for finding a party to run with, that takes a really long time. I am an arcane mage and I am in the best guild Karma, yet for most of this week when I sign on I spend a half hour or more looking for a party and fail to find one. Most people are not doing the event at all at the times when you want to because they don't have any energy, and those who are competing for the leaderboard are already in full parties. So it's just random chance that you find someone to party with.

In the future they need to pair players with other players of the same tier so that you can run PUGs. And yes, if the boss is as hard as Helena, the loot table needs to match it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I agree with everything said so far. I've been wasting energy as well. I already reached gold tier on my level 41, so at this point the only point of doing the event dungeon is to farm Ursoth or to get tokens. And 17 tokens is not worth even one death IMO (yes, I do care about my PvE KDR). So unless I am with a good party, I keep my distance from Helena and only fire off skills from a distance. If the warriors all die or people start leaving, then I leave too.

As for finding a party to run with, that takes a really long time. I am an arcane mage and I am in the best guild Karma, yet for most of this week when I sign on I spend a half hour or more looking for a party and fail to find one. Most people are not doing the event at all at the times when you want to because they don't have any energy, and those who are competing for the leaderboard are already in full parties. So it's just random chance that you find someone to party with.

In the future they need to pair players with other players of the same tier so that you can run PUGs. And yes, if the boss is as hard as Helena, the loot table needs to match it.
    True the loot should be matched with the difficulty..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts

Ez just be below l20 lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts