Thread: Thoughts/ideas of new update...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Default Thoughts/ideas of new update...

Glad to see STS finally pulled something epic through!

a few thoughts and discussion to consider:

1) This will impact current endgame set economy. It already has- savage's lowered to 3.7M. Until then, we have no idea what new "elite armor" means. We assume it means only the plate/armor/robe piece ATM, but it could potentially mean shield and helm as well.

2) EXP grind and a new "egg". Knowing STS, it's very likely that the EXP grind from 76-77 will be 200k to even 1M EXP, and there will be another fossilized egg event to provide incentive for mega maze and thrash

3) the vanity pet tab. it was there along with the vanity weapon tab a while ago, but only it remained after the vanity wep one got removed. now we finally have something besides the not-so-useless best friend eternally to put there! TY

4) how much of an impact will level 75 to 77 sets have on pvp? is it truly fair to have such a big leap in stats be justified by just two levels? is it fair for players who spent the time to grind two extra levels to be superior over one whole tier that was usually measured by 5 levels (and at the most there was a 50k XP difference in these 5 levels of gear requirement) now? it may seem fair for those who grinded the 100k (75-76) and whatever larger amount for 76-77 to enjoy it, but that will undoubtedly sever the ties between the endgame community and anything below that, leaving it in isolation

5) finally, the significant question. devs have announced that all who cap to 77 will be able to get 2pc ring from now on. 77 is also 2 lucky numbers put together.
    STS stated that the content, amazingly, is already finished. how long did this take them to make?
    I will hazard a guess that this is truly the end of PL, the last level cap. people can get their elite rings now; new levels and campaigns are justified, and following the release of l71 elites in l71 cap, we now have full functional use of the elite rarity- a full elite equipment (at least armor and weapon) classification
    think about it. there's an epic ultra grind from 76-77, as remiem stated. what new level cap can stagger against this? a new 5-cap like normal increase would make it go from77 to 82. this is aberrant. I think it's safe to say that the level cap will stagnate at 77 now forever, and this should give STS ample support from PL so they can work on their newer ventures (like AL) without having customers complain from this side of the forum.

All in all, I never expected such the Blast of the Past from Remiem today. I first saw it and thought it was a Necro of the DoTD posts from a while ago. I'm wholeheartedly surprised, amazed and once again fully satisfied that STS has taken a huge mass of issues, and with one decisive plan, may be able to resolve them ALL at once (the 2pc issue, lack of elite pets, op pvp atm which requires rebalance can now be resolved with newly evaluated gear, moar campaigns,maps,level cap etc) with this new level cap. Great job! Also happy bday Mr. PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Default Thoughts/ideas of new update...

Maybe they've been working on this ever since the complaints came rolling in maybe just maybe this final piece of precious content will satisfy all players of alterra and end all major long term issues that many have ranted on about for the past 2 years. just maybe every or almost all of the veterean players who quit will come back and rejoice with their comrades once again and the community will be joined once again like back in pocket legends golden days. i have one thing to say about this upcoming cap , please dont be a major disappointment, i would love if stg finally got to their senses and said "hey lets finish off this baby of ours and teach it how to become a strong adult and handle itselfs all on his own" maybe just maybe stg will end this all with a big bang. sorry for the long talk but i just wanted to get that off my mind. Level 77 cap hype!
    "lol" - Ballins ™
    Pues
    Somemager
    Specifying

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Somemager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

thats what ive thought as well, since they all of a sudden announce something and apparently its alredy finished and in testing? woah.

i think theyve done it all in secret all this time, with samhayne feigning the "no new cap in horizon" haha

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Smithyyy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I'm also wondering about the 75-77 difference but I am happy about the savage because i'll be able to get a cheap set untill i get to 77 if i ever do which i probably wont

Worst sig EU, got bored