Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Not sure if this makes any sense, but I'm even more bored now =[

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Les, I am sorry if this sounds rude, but... if there is no reason to play, why not play something else? Why stick around? Take a break and maybe come back when the level cap is raised. I do not understand you at all. There is so much to do in this world. Why waste so much time "complaining about the weather"?
    ANOTHER "quit" comment.

We already established this, long ago dude.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

And btw, from the answers we've gotten, I can only assume that they are basically just trying to make as much money as they can off new players, and not give a damn whether they stick around long enough to enjoy the game they spent money on.
    Whether that plan will work for them long-term, I guess that's a risk they've decided to take.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Refriedchicken View Post
    Honestly, if there is no major update within a week, I'd love to ask the same people who disagreed and told me to quit how they feel about the Elite dungeon.

PS: 2 hours, 115 post, might be a record
    I'm not telling you to quit, man. I am suggesting you add some variety to your gaming experience. Do something that makes you happy. Unless whining makes you happy, in which case, at least admit that so we can take it for what its worth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I find plenty of reason to play. Perhaps you have been playing longer than me... dunno... I'd still rather play PL than watch "Snookie and The Situation" on TV... mind you I'd probably rather get repeatedly hit on the hand with a sledgehammer than watching that horrible TV show.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

ANOTHER "quit" comment.

We already established this, long ago dude.
    "We" have established nothing, man. Why are you wasting your time doing things you don't like?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Les, I am sorry if this sounds rude, but... if there is no reason to play, why not play something else? Why stick around? Take a break and maybe come back when the level cap is raised. I do not understand you at all. There is so much to do in this world. Why waste so much time "complaining about the weather"?
    Sigh. I did quit, Snake! I came back because they hyped up this awesome elite campaign! Stop telling me to quit already!

And Snake, have you played the new dungeon yet? Last time you said you hadn't, so how can you comment on this?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Snake, we've been over this bro.

Myself, I'm taking a break.

I might pop on once in a while to say hi, and help someone out, but that's about it.

Another thing that upset me about this update:

I liked the Cyber update, although it did hurt the economy, it was hard to get. Not everyone had it, because it took hours and hours to obtain a full set.

I personally got one set, and now, it's 100% useless, no?

I wouldn't be shocked at ALL if they totally nerf the new equipment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    It's not about money. Money is useless in this game. Some people like playing to collect 50 million, but there's no freaking point.
    The point is that there is no reason to PLAY.
    Yes thank you.. this has been the point I have been trying to make. I have no reason to log in. My level 50 characters can literally advance no more!

At this time this game has 2 goals for advancing your character.
    1. Level to 50
    2. Get the highest end gear

Right now neither is very challenging to accomplish. Once you are 50 and have the gear, statistically you are as good as every other person in your character class at level 50. Theirs no diversity. Their is no way to set yourself apart. Their is no way to, even in a small way, make your character any better, which is what the game is ultimately about.

The game needs something for when people hit level 50 and get their end game(until the next expansion) armor. They need something that's ongoing and that sticks with your character, even when your replace your armor. For example, a advanced achievement system, or a task system that rewards with stat points..etc..

anything that can will advance your character so that once I hit 50 with the best stuff I can still say to myself, "Well, I can get in game and still work on XXX so that I am more capable of handling the new expansion when it comes out" or something along those lines. I have some sort of goal of making my character better. Just adding a few new pieces of gear as a bandaid isnt the answer IMO.
    Longshire - 50 Dex Bird
    Twinkerhell - 20 Elf

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good point, Derrek.

I thought before this update, we needed diversity to set one player apart from the next.

At least before if you had Rift/Cyber/Cosmo/Void you were somewhat different from those who didn't have time, or couldn't afford it, and now we're all 100% exact. :/

Another problem with this update:

People don't understand that the dual-wield weapons are trash in Ao3 xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Derrick, it doesn't matter. The devs are under the impression that the majority is thrilled with the new update, so nothing we say will make a difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

I'm not saying to quit. (I did sarcastically say why not quit, then. That was sarcasm.) I am saying, ADD something to your gaming experience. Try racing games or something. I find them to be a lot of fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Good point, Derrek.

I thought before this update, we needed diversity to set one player apart from the next.

At least before if you had Rift/Cyber/Cosmo/Void you were somewhat different from those who didn't have time, or couldn't afford it, and now we're all 100% exact. :/

Another problem with this update:

People don't understand that the dual-wield weapons are trash in Ao3 xD
    Well we disagree about the update but I certainly agree about the lack of diversity. I do not want to look like any other bird/bear/mage. I wanna be special.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I'm not saying to quit. (I did sarcastically say why not quit, then. That was sarcasm.) I am saying, ADD something to your gaming experience. Try racing games or something. I find them to be a lot of fun.
    Good lord, did you not see my 80+ posts about DD? I CAME BACK BECAUSE THEY WERE RELEASING A SUPER AMAZING NEW CHALLENGING AND AWESOME ELITE CAVE THAT WOULD ENTERTAIN ALL OF US BORED PLAYERS FOR MORE THAN ONE NIGHT!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by derricks2 View Post
    Yes thank you.. this has been the point I have been trying to make. I have no reason to log in. My level 50 characters can literally advance no more!

At this time this game has 2 goals for advancing your character.
    1. Level to 50
    2. Get the highest end gear

Right now neither is very challenging to accomplish. Once you are 50 and have the gear, statistically you are as good as every other person in your character class at level 50. Theirs no diversity. Their is no way to set yourself apart. Their is no way to, even in a small way, make your character any better, which is what the game is ultimately about.

The game needs something for when people hit level 50 and get their end game(until the next expansion) armor. They need something that's ongoing and that sticks with your character, even when your replace your armor. For example, a advanced achievement system, or a task system that rewards with stat points..etc..

anything that can will advance your character so that once I hit 50 with the best stuff I can still say to myself, "Well, I can get in game and still work on XXX so that I am more capable of handling the new expansion when it comes out" or something along those lines. I have some sort of goal of making my character better. Just adding a few new pieces of gear as a bandaid isnt the answer IMO.
    I think you do have some good points. But what I don't get is, why are you satisfied with only one character? I could never do that. They cost 75 cents. Why not, at least, one of each?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Good lord, did you not see my 80+ posts about DD? I CAME BACK BECAUSE THEY WERE RELEASING A SUPER AMAZING NEW CHALLENGING AND AWESOME ELITE CAVE THAT WOULD ENTERTAIN ALL OF US BORED PLAYERS FOR MORE THAN ONE NIGHT!!!!
    Did you not read my 800+ posts saying that you are responsible for your own level of interest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

It's not about money. Money is useless in this game. Some people like playing to collect 50 million, but there's no freaking point.
    The point is that there is no reason to PLAY.
    That is just your opinion. Many others, myself included, have a differing opinion. Not saying either is right or wrong....opinions are opinions. I'll go help buds level...that is a reason to play. May not be YOUR reason to play, but it is a reason for many. I'd rather have a few hours of fun goofing off on a few new levels, and take a break from mind-numbing VL runs and have the game changed up a bit.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Did you not read my 800+ posts saying that you are responsible for your own level of interest?
    Ok, fine. Anyone interested in playing "House" in PL? I'll be the mommy, then we just need a daddy and some kids.

I mean, really. Stop telling me to create my own entertainment within a video game. WTF.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I liked the Cyber update, although it did hurt the economy, it was hard to get. Not everyone had it, because it took hours and hours to obtain a full set.

I personally got one set, and now, it's 100% useless, no?

I wouldn't be shocked at ALL if they totally nerf the new equipment.
    Yeah, I would not be shocked at all either...you had to work for that cyber. Good call.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Ok, fine. Anyone interested in playing "House" in PL? I'll be the mommy, then we just need a daddy and some kids.

I mean, really. Stop telling me to create my own entertainment within a video game. WTF.
    I'll be the middle child.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I'll be the middle child.
    Lol you know the middle child gets ignored, right?