Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
My point exactly. You can always use more armor. If you have to spam potions, it means you don't have enough armor. More armor will mean you don't have to use as many potions because you won't take as much damage when you get hit by the mobs.

And while I have never played with a warrior in AL, I was a bear/warrior in PL (STS's other legends game). The main difference was that in PL they actually allowed bears to have OP armor so that you could survive the toughest dungeons with rarely needing to use health potions. I guess in AL they decided to make it more difficult so they made the armor numbers lower. But trust me, you still want as much armor as you can get.

There are armor formulas which determine how much damage reduction a certain amount of armor provides. While we do not know the formula, a developer explained how it works last year, and it is indeed linear, meaning that a 10% increase in armor gives a 10% increase in damage reduction. So more armor is always better. You have "enough" when the mobs don't cause you any damage at all.
Hey energizeric, with 2500+ armour and 7100 hp, Those spiders in elite tindrin takes my 8-10%hp on normal hit and more on critical. Those snakes take 15-20%hp and more on critical. And if there are 4 snakes+10spiders in pull, u gotta spam potions a lot. Yes in small pulls maybe less potions but the tanks usually use those sheild weapons like conquerer walls, bulwark or pavise for tanking. And with those non-damage weapons we heal like 8-10%hp per tick, and its not enought to return even 70% of our hp back. Thats the reason why they're not used in pvp because of low heal.