Thread: Level 22 Dex Mage Advice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Default Level 22 Dex Mage Advice

Use 6 bom and 5 fire so you do a lot of damage and you have more range. Use 1 heal and no bov so you can use other points for more damage skills. Since you'll get nuked by any bear with beckon use ms so you can survive better and have a fighting chance at close range. You'll need 6 light 1 frost and 1 drain too. I use an fbow for a high damage output, you can also use a candle/toy if you want more skill damage and a little more armor. I use a level 20 dex halloween helm, level 15 artisans, and a level 20 damage/hit ring for extra damage and more hit%. Hit% is very important because if you miss fire you'll probably be dead.

If you have any questions just ask, I spent like 2 minutes writing this because I was bored.
    I'm lowkey mediocre at this game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JTZ View Post
    Use 6 bom and 5 fire so you do a lot of damage and you have more range. Use 1 heal and no bov so you can use other points for more damage skills. Since you'll get nuked by any bear with beckon use ms so you can survive better and have a fighting chance at close range. You'll need 6 light 1 frost and 1 drain too. I use an fbow for a high damage output, you can also use a candle/toy if you want more skill damage and a little more armor. I use a level 20 dex halloween helm, level 15 artisans, and a level 20 damage/hit ring for extra damage and more hit%. Hit% is very important because if you miss fire you'll probably be dead.

If you have any questions just ask, I spent like 2 minutes writing this because I was bored.
    no questions all I can say is ty for the build XD
    Applenoob Cqward Fewing Pvvo Pwoer Paneling Resinning Rummes Twung Wirved and many more discontinued

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JTZ View Post

what order should i use spells in and when for best nuke dmg , and so i dont just die by not healing or mana shielding in time? or is the order u listed it in the order if so very sorry for waste of time...
    Last edited by jestterr; 07-25-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

click the link in my signature (the bottom of my post) for some info, I have a few tips on 22 mage on the second post.

basically, kite by using fire + ice, and then go in for the kill when their purple buff runs out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jestterr View Post
    what order should i use spells in and when for best nuke dmg , and so i dont just die by not healing or mana shielding in time? or is the order u listed it in the order if so very sorry for waste of time...
    Order is pretty dependent on the situation and class you're going up against. For bears I usually do fire, frost, then drain and heal if I get stunned or hit by their hell scream. After that you can keep kiting or just use ms and do frost, lightning, then fire to nuke them. You may need to kite twice if it's a strength bear since they take a lot more hits.

For mages it's more tricky, if they're strength it's pretty simple. Just kite them until their armor buff runs out which is 12 seconds. To time it I either use drain when they buff since the cooldown is the same time or use fire twice and wait for the third one to finish cooldown. Against dex mages you can wait their armor buff out too but if they don't have one or if it's really low you're going to have to nuke harder than your opponent. Ms timing is also really important, usually you want to use it after your opponent but sometimes it's better to use it before. Since after your mana is out all you have for protection is your health and if you and your opponent both run out of mana it ends up in an auto fight and whoever has most health wins.

For foxes just use fire and frost to kite them out and use lightning when you're close. Use drain whenever since it doesn't matter too much. Use your ms before their second combo and you'll be fine.

For birds it's not worth kiting them since most of their skills are 12m. If you stay at a 12m range they will most likely win since just fire, frost, and drain won't take them down completely and your 1 heal and no bov won't keep up well against it. So instead of kiting try to nuke them, lately birds have been using less evasion so they won't dodge that much. I usually use ms when you're at about 30%-50% health.

Rhinos are one of the easier classes to fight with this build. Just keep using fire and frost to kite them and since they will charge at you you'll be at a good enough range in which you'll be able to use lightning. Drain isn't that important against them either so I just use it after their first charge. If they take you down enough you'll have to use ms and I use it at around the same time as foxes, maybe a little lower if you can.

Just a heads up, a lot of people will complain about ms but just ignore them and ms has a 2 second delay so timing can be a little tedious.
    I'm lowkey mediocre at this game