Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: S&S's arcane ability (pvp)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Default S&S's arcane ability (pvp)

---- Problems ----
    1. The proc is undodgable. There is no way to dodge it.

2. The Shady & Surge arcane ability is very potent because it's DOT ticks are very fast, much faster than any dot aoe effects (inc. mythic bow proc).

3. The size of the circles is way too large. The CtF room hallways are smaller than the circles, so the DoT is unavoidable.

4. The DoTs (purple circle) can overlap, this is extremely overpowered in pvp as the DoTs of one circle can do around 6k damage every 10 seconds. Imagine five shady and surges DoTs, warriors will die in under 2 seconds.

5. It simply wipes teams out in the popular 5v5 clashes. When fighting a full geared team with arcane rings + 2 S&S, with equal gear on our side but without the Shady&Surge, we were being annihilated by the DoT plus the teams net damage output.

---- Suggestions ----

1. Make the circle DoTs moderately slower, around the same speed as the DoT from the mythic bow proc (1.5-2seconds). The diameter of the circle should be smaller, after all it only makes sense since there are like 3 DoT circles per AA.

2. The DoTs of the purple circles should not overlap (the green cirlce heals can overlap though). The overlapping DoT of 2 shady and surge can kill a tank in around 6 seconds currently which is quite stupid to be honest because it makes pvp more pet (or arcane) reliant.

The DoT of the purple cirlces should be exactly like the Elondrian Bush proc imo, whilst the green circles should be healing around 400 hp per second. This makes it less OP and actually gives the opposition a chance to attack.

Of course there will be controversy and heated debates against nerfs since people pay 60m+ for these but irregardless, the pet is just simply way too op in pvp even for an arcane rarity. I realise this is quite early to make huge conclusions but the pet has to be fixed/nerfed in the early release.
    Credits to Iady

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

And here I was thinking about PvP'ing at endgame level again.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I'll just leave the room when i see someone walking around with an SnS. Too OP, no fun for normal guys like me!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Skaunared For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

So virtually all the people who won already had arcane rings, and now have a(nother) ridiculously op pet. Basically pvp is a waste of time for anyone else now. To clarify, I'm not whining about rich player / poor player stuff, but am observing that it seems sts is purposely turning the heavy platters into virtual godzillas.

My question is, what's the point? When everything is that insanely easy that they can wipe everyone else out with a single push of an AA button, why bother even playing? That kind of insane op-ness is going to get boring super fast and then those players are going to be gone to find a challenge in another game. Wouldn't it be better to have a super cool pet, but one that doesn't wipe out every other player with a single click? I mean really, at this point there's no sport left.

Just an observation.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

7. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SacredKnight View Post
    Because your selling one and a nerf would affect your profits?
    My guildie is selling it, not me. And unless you've seen it in action, don't offer an opinion on it. I've seen it and it is well worth the price people are asking for it. Especially for a limited pet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

If this is as intended then so be it, people will leave the room when they see a pet that can wipeout an entire team with just one tap, that would also mean no fun for the pet owner, don't u think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    ---- Problems ----
    1. The proc is undodgable. There is no way to dodge it.

2. The Shady & Surge arcane ability is very potent because it's DOT ticks are very fast, much faster than any dot aoe effects (inc. mythic bow proc).

3. The size of the circles is way too large. The CtF room hallways are smaller than the circles, so the DoT is unavoidable.

4. The DoTs (purple circle) can overlap, this is extremely overpowered in pvp as the DoTs of one circle can do around 6k damage every 10 seconds. Imagine five shady and surges DoTs, warriors will die in under 2 seconds.

5. It simply wipes teams out in the popular 5v5 clashes. When fighting a full geared team with arcane rings + 2 S&S, with equal gear on our side but without the Shady&Surge, we were being annihilated by the DoT plus the teams net damage output.

---- Suggestions ----

1. Make the circle DoTs moderately slower, around the same speed as the DoT from the mythic bow proc (1.5-2seconds). The diameter of the circle should be smaller, after all it only makes sense since there are like 3 DoT circles per AA.

2. The DoTs of the purple circles should not overlap (the green cirlce heals can overlap though). The overlapping DoT of 2 shady and surge can kill a tank in around 6 seconds currently which is quite stupid to be honest because it makes pvp more pet (or arcane) reliant.

The DoT of the purple cirlces should be exactly like the Elondrian Bush proc imo, whilst the green circles should be healing around 400 hp per second. This makes it less OP and actually gives the opposition a chance to attack.

Of course there will be controversy and heated debates against nerfs since people pay 60m+ for these but irregardless, the pet is just simply way too op in pvp even for an arcane rarity. I realise this is quite early to make huge conclusions but the pet has to be fixed/nerfed in the early release.
    Pet is perfect how it is.NO nerfs are needed IMHO.if sts nerfs our hard earned pet,what would have been the point ?? If nerfed I hope Sts is also willing to re-egg the pet.it was a LB exclusive and OP for a reason as remiem said in her video =)

U don't need to worry about being killed by S&S AA as it doesn't give u deaths or kill inpvp. Ooh maybe they should fix it before u suggest Nerfing it

BTW do u have the pet or are u just complaining its op ? If u had the pet I'm 100% sure this thread would never been made. Just my opinion tho =p

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

just saying if you have an arcane ring + shady and surge you are over powered but , you deserve this power , to acquire these items and pets ( maxed out gear ) , you need to devote way too much time and effort , and quite frankly , if you are just a little bit more powerful than people without those items , its not worth it .

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Filthyness For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    Pet is perfect how it is.NO nerfs are needed IMHO.if sts nerfs our hard earned pet,what would have been the point ?? If nerfed I hope Sts is also willing to re-egg the pet.it was a LB exclusive and OP for a reason as remiem said in her video =)

U don't need to worry about being killed by S&S AA as it doesn't give u deaths or kill inpvp. Ooh maybe they should fix it before u suggest Nerfing it

BTW do u have the pet or are u just complaining its op ? If u had the pet I'm 100% sure this thread would never been made. Just my opinion tho =p
    Bless has just let us know.. Others have no right of telling him what to do, whether he has the pet or not, creating the thread or not..

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atten For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    So virtually all the people who won already had arcane rings, and now have a(nother) ridiculously op pet. Basically pvp is a waste of time for anyone else now. To clarify, I'm not whining about rich player / poor player stuff, but am observing that it seems sts is purposely turning the heavy platters into virtual godzillas.

My question is, what's the point? When everything is that insanely easy that they can wipe everyone else out with a single push of an AA button, why bother even playing? That kind of insane op-ness is going to get boring super fast and then those players are going to be gone to find a challenge in another game. Wouldn't it be better to have a super cool pet, but one that doesn't wipe out every other player with a single click? I mean really, at this point there's no sport left.

Just an observation.
    It's strong in clashes but weaker in 1v1 than Samael. So, it has its tradeoffs. It's not overpowered in every category & makes compromises. Therefore, it should not be nerfed.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Sure it's perfect like it is. So's the arcane ring. How many arcane ring owners have quit the game because there is no challenge left and they're bored? As someone else said, it's not going to be much fun when everyone else leaves the minute you show up with your S&S. It's just narrowing down the field so the op fight the op and the majority of the players go play another room where they have a chance.

That's fine, but personally I can't see how it would be interesting pvping with the same 30 people all the time because nobody is interested in being wiped out with no opportunity to fight.. But then I also sit out when a match is uneven and won't gang people, so I'm obviously a weirdo. I don't care if it's nerfed or not, we'll adapt either way. Just think it's not so good for business.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Sure it's perfect like it is. So's the arcane ring. How many arcane ring owners have quit the game because there is no challenge left and they're bored? As someone else said, it's not going to be much fun when everyone else leaves the minute you show up with your S&S. It's just narrowing down the field so the op fight the op and the majority of the players go play another room where they have a chance.

That's fine, but personally I can't see how it would be interesting pvping with the same 30 people all the time because nobody is interested in being wiped out with no opportunity to fight.. But then I also sit out when a match is uneven and won't gang people, so I'm obviously a weirdo. I don't care if it's nerfed or not, we'll adapt either way. Just think it's not so good for business.
    I get your point about gear in general being too powerful & I agree with it. However, that is not what this thread is about. That issue alone is only up to STG to fix which I do not think they will because so far, it's a good short term business plan. So, I'll just enjoy the short term business plan as well. When I get bored, I'll find a new game to play.

Also, to elaborate...it's only overpowered in clashes where the health/damage pools can be effective. In every other aspect including TDM, PvE, Elites...it is not overpowered compared to the other arcane pets.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I get your point about gear in general being too powerful. However, that is not what this thread is about. That issue alone is only up to STG to fix which I do not think they will because so far, it's a good short term business plan.

Also, to elaborate...it's only overpowered in clashes where the health/damage pools can be effective. In every other aspect including TDM, PvE, Elites...it is not overpowered compared to the other arcane pets.
    This. The pools are immovable unless you move around and hit the AA. In the cramped hallways of CTF this is where it shines. However in other places like PvE or TDM where there are open spaces, this pet isn't as OP as you think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

A solution not involving Shady and Surge nerf could be create different pvp rooms one with items and pet allowed till legendary, one till mythic and one till arcane to make pvp games more balanced or to create tier rooms and you can go up in tiers or down based on the difference kills-deaths

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Really funny to see how the Shady owners say "its not op", "its working as intented", "no need to nerf" -> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL !!!

A pet that takes out a full myth mage in a few seconds with JUST its AA Dot and a range around the globe IS NOT OP? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

I tell all you Shady owners/ STS : YOU WILL RUIN PVP WITH THIS PET !!!
    The good thing if nothing will be changed, ill finally quit all the pvp-drama or even better ILL QUIT THE WHOLE GAME... its just getting more frustrating when you think it cant get worse! But the imagination to play vs maxed geared rogues including new myth bow which procs 10 times a second + arcane ring + Shady = lol, ty NO!

edit: To say it cant get nerfed only because someone traded his arcane ring for the pet or paid 100m or more for this pet IS A JOKE TOO! Do you f.e. remember the glitched legendary rings which had far to high damage stats? How many players lost a lot of gold there? Its just YOUR FAULT when you spend SUCH AMOUNTS of GOLD!
    STS will have the choice to a: nerf this obviously imba pet and keep pvp alive or b: just dont do anything to see all players quit pvp or even the game except the maxed out Shady players! ITS YOUR CHOICE!
    You have a joystick, use them to walk around the pools. Nobody is telling you to walk into them, right? In a 1v1, Samael is much more lethal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    In a 1v1, Samael is much more lethal.
    Right, but CTF isn't a 1v1 room. 1v1s are not intended as part of the gameplay - which is why the room is so large. In a CTF game (or a 5v5 clash) the pools cover up the entire hallway and the dot does more damage than SSS - with less than half the cd.

The damage output of the purple circles is way too much, like you said you downed a stationary warrior in 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell View Post
    Pet is perfect how it is .NO nerfs are needed IMHO.if sts nerfs our hard earned pet,what would have been the point ?? If nerfed I hope Sts is also willing to re-egg the pet.it was a LB exclusive and OP for a reason as remiem said in her video =)

I really don't care if you spent thousands of dollars to get onto the ursoth LB and get the pet.

Others have spent thousands of dollars (probably much more than the LB players) opening crates and trying to an arcane ring and all the new mythic weapons which probably total to twice the value of S&S - only to be killed by the AA of this pet.

People with S&S, take Zeus for example, also admit that it is OP in CTF.

I don't have it but I am being affected by it greatly in pvp. If I had the pet, of course I'd say its op. You want an example? I did the same thing about samael's terrify even though I was saving up for one and currently own one. I suggested that it's terrify should trigger a terrify immunity.

@Keikali, nobody was promised anything about the new pet. The only information about the pet that we got was its base stats and how much it heals per tick (as shown in the video by Remiem). Remiem mentioned that the stats were OP because it was a special reward. Nobody was promised an OP pet that could wipe out ~6k hp in ~10 seconds in pvp.
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 07-22-2014 at 07:25 PM. Reason: toned down
    Credits to Iady

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Bless For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Of course, S&S's AA is quite OP, but the chance of getting at least one S&S in random PvP room is quite low, so I don't see any specific problems for an average player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Of course, S&S's AA is quite OP, but the chance of getting at least one S&S in random PvP room is quite low, so I don't see any specific problems for an average player.
    I see what you are saying but I know a pvp guild that has 4+ players with shady and surges. And there are around 44 S&S in game.

Either way though, instead of running away from the problem, I suggest to fix it - i.e. By fixing the pet.
    Last edited by Bless; 07-22-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I see what you are saying but I know a pvp guild that has 4+ players with shady and surges. And there are around 44 S&S in game.

Either way though, instead of running away from the problem, I suggest to fix it - i.e. By fixing the pet.
    Well, as a quick fix there may be limiting overall damage output of all S&S's in team to damage output of a single one (or two of them). Then, it will still be nice in 1v1 and not so OP in clashes. This is my instant thought, so it may be not the most optimal, but it should work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha:1742795

Well, as a quick fix there may be limiting overall damage output of all S&S's in team to damage output of a single one (or two of them). Then, it will still be nice in 1v1 and not so OP in clashes. This is my instant thought, so it may be not the most optimal, but it should work.
    So are you saying that the circles shouldnt overlap?

Quote Originally Posted by Bless:1741405

Also, I think there is a bug with the DoT/Heal circles because it inflicts damage/heals TWICE per tick instead of once per tick.
    Credits to Iady