Thread: A lil comparison of ursoth and goblin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Lightbulb A lil comparison of ursoth and goblin

I would like to compare goblin and ursoth event to tarlok but unfortunately, I haven't participate much from tarlok event before, so I am juz going to give lil comparison and differences (+/-) from these events that I took time to play with.

Aside from LB stuffs and energies, here are some of my thoughts.

Goblin's event -----------VS-------------- Ursoths event

* gyrms egg worth more than little bear => better got your farms on goblin event

* golden tier award from ursoth gives better gold than golden tier award from goblins.

* kits from first week of ursoth was high, juz dropped down which is lower than the kit price from goblin on the 3rd week / close end of the 2nd week and end of the event.

*free energies on ursoth through crafting, its +1

* If im going to compare how gyrm and dova bear is farmed, gyrm is the easier one, IMO. (gyrm and dova has this close price range)
    why?
    because you dont need another toon to let it reach to golden tier , earn 3k point for an egg, much effort compare to farming gyrm's egg using 1 golden tier toon, much easier, and quicker. I tried to farm dovas from my alts at the last day of the event, its pretty tiring x)

* Tokens are more useful in goblin than ursoth
    why?
    because on goblin, you can buy an egg, weapon, amulet and vanity. Ironbite has same price range to ursoths event little bear loot, which is a thumbs down. Also, talisman is worth 100k+ and the rest of the goblin weapon which is very far price from vanity of ursoths event which only costs 50k or lower.

tokens with recipe:

nope, if you are a portal farmer, you dont have time to farm in wt4 or km3 for essences, so these recipe are useless.

unless, you used those recipes and farm hard at wt4 or km3, then its a chill.

* elock is a boom, juz the great highlight of the event.

* LB banner from ursoth is better than goblin, lolololol @ goblin head, but still cool doe.

* To LB chasers, ursoth is far better ofc, its shady man, no need to question!

So i guess these are juz some of the things i noticed, I'll be adding some if i remember other stuffs.

Let me know how much you earn from event as well! Dont ask me, i lost golds, lmao, but its ok, its not the big thing, the big this is breaking the friendship juz because of an egg, mehh

tc
    Last edited by Bunny♥; 07-21-2014 at 08:07 PM.

cute is just my cover

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Bunny♥ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

well at first i made a TON of mone then i decieded i wanted a lunar and spent 600k there i also bought living bru armor then spent 300k on life shards sold half of them when price rose to about 25k after that i hade less than 1k so i started opening entagled (about 4 days ago) and made about 25k off o that and now am sitting with that AAND I GOT A LVL 27 TWINK RING! in my entangled

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mishafeng View Post
    well at first i made a TON of mone then i decieded i wanted a lunar and spent 600k there i also bought living bru armor then spent 300k on life shards sold half of them when price rose to about 25k after that i hade less than 1k so i started opening entagled (about 4 days ago) and made about 25k off o that and now am sitting with that AAND I GOT A LVL 27 TWINK RING! in my entangled
    smart thing as well is to sell dovas on 1-3 days when event was released, dova's price were so dam high, 1.3m if im not mistaken

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fraline View Post
    smart thing as well is to sell dovas on 1-3 days when event was released, dova's price were so dam high, 1.3m if im not mistaken
    Yup. And people actually bought them for that high.

If you ran for the top 10 this event and didn't make it, you're most likely worse off in terms of gold The rogue lb was especially competitive! There weren't any quick sell loots such as the gyrm egg and talismans last goblin week. The money is in the crates this time.

Sent from this iPhone which seems stuck to my hands...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Classychic View Post
    Yup. And people actually bought them for that high.

If you ran for the top 10 this event and didn't make it, you're most likely worse off in terms of gold The rogue lb was especially competitive! There weren't any quick sell loots such as the gyrm egg and talismans last goblin week. The money is in the crates this time.

Sent from this iPhone which seems stuck to my hands...
    hey classy!! and ya, i tried to run for top 10, i really got tempted with SnS tbh. I was in 10th place cause people tied to make me a spot (which is very heart warming and unexpected) but unfortunately, someone broke it on last minute and it was a friend of mine. Anyways, my loss is not a big deal, i still have dovas and elocks on my stash which i think is enough to keep with and help me gain some golds back Juz sad to know that this event breaks tons of friendship and trusts, strangers helped me too which is cool.... SnS is that powerful, isnt it?

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

This was a great event no doubt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    This was a great event no doubt.
    indeed, if i took all my time from farming essences, i know i've earned a lot from it.

cute is just my cover

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunny♥ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

talisman doesn't cost 100k lol.
    the wild talisman of will cost 600k+ and perfect one cost 1m+.

I agree token shop was better then ursoth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

I lost about 200k this event, but i Earned about 300k without actually farming very hard, and having internet troubles the first week.
    So, 300k-200k, i made a 100k profit this event.
    And, i still have stuff let to sell...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

This event was pretty profitable for me. Didn't bother with leaderboard but made enough gold in first 2 weeks of event to buy mythic pavise(which helped alot with Helena and ursoth). Then I picked up all the new vanities for all classes and Druid/living armor sets for all 6 characters. Finally made all 6 guys to gold tier and have 5 dova eggs stashed away. Plus I stashed about 20 elondorian gems for future Heath sets for my Mage.

Excellent event overall and with the exception of Helena I enjoyed it alot.
    Last edited by Wutzgood; 07-22-2014 at 07:41 AM. Reason: Edit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

If we're talking about value of items, its going to hard to judge that for a few months. Take a look at tarlok...

Frosteye, Prance, Snowy, Breezaga: Other than breezaga, these pets were pretty cheap when the event ended. Frosteye it seems had the least fluctuation. Maybe only 75% increase. Prance on the other hand has increated by a factor of about 1000. Snowy... about 500. But that took several months. Same with Tarlok gear. When the event closed, you could grab Tarlok Potency gear (Rogue) for around 300k a piece. Now, those pieces can go for as high as 1.8m each.

So, in conclusion, its hard to tell. But I will agree with you on one point. The tokens were much more valuable during goblin. I'd say I spent about 98% of my tokens from ursoth on entangled chests. I bought 0 vanities.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Ursoth's assault had Helena.. Goblins' event had way easier bosses..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

This event was 1000% better than the goblin event. The items available from the token vendor were better during the goblin invasion but unless you spent plat for the tokens or gold/plat for energy you couldn't afford anything worthwhile. Like Rare I spent the majority of my tokens on entangled chests to make spirit chests.

The gold making potential of this event was immense. There was no way to make gold in the goblin event without spending gold or plat. This event was truly for free players. I am not sure exactly how much gold I will have made from this event as but it will be millions.

I can't say this enough but great job STS!!! Keep these types of events coming. It keeps the game interesting and fresh. Give players something to do, and ways to make gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Overall awesome event! My goal was to get dova bears on all my twinks. I panicked at first because it seemed gold was too far to reach for free like in the goblin event in which only 2 of my toons made it. I bought a few dovas at high price, but in the end was able to farm some back and even at their current price of 400k, I think I'll be okay with that financially! Spent most of my time tailoring to the plat spenders by locked farming/crafting. And wow let me tell you that these things sold like hotcakes and are still selling! The buyers all seem to be random names I've never seen before which shows that either twink alts are buying or a new player base is driving the market! I wouldn't be surprised if these cost upwards of 100k soon. Doesn't seem like many people jumped on the hoarding boat as they were pretty high priced. The real winners were the crate crafters at 50k a pop.

Where I'm pretty sure I lost money on was twink amulets and gear. I had to buy all mine and let me tell you now that if you don't buy the elondrian amulet levels 1-9 with the dual stats, you will die as a twink. It's the real game changer to the twink world equivalent to the tarlok gears. Warriors finally get a damage stat on both helm and armor pieces.

I only wish that the stat lep/jack had some effects. The bonus 3 base stats is useless
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by utpal View Post
    talisman doesn't cost 100k lol.
    the wild talisman of will cost 600k+ and perfect one cost 1m+.

I agree token shop was better then ursoth.
    during the event when people go tons of tokens

cute is just my cover

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
    This event was 1000% better than the goblin event. The items available from the token vendor were better during the goblin invasion but unless you spent plat for the tokens or gold/plat for energy you couldn't afford anything worthwhile. Like Rare I spent the majority of my tokens on entangled chests to make spirit chests.

The gold making potential of this event was immense. There was no way to make gold in the goblin event without spending gold or plat. This event was truly for free players. I am not sure exactly how much gold I will have made from this event as but it will be millions.

I can't say this enough but great job STS!!! Keep these types of events coming. It keeps the game interesting and fresh. Give players something to do, and ways to make gold.

agree, after event, game became boring again. LOL

cute is just my cover