Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shadow Cave Update - Questions & Concerns for Devs

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    And you better accept my level 1 Bird who has 50 times the reasons to be there. lol
    Yes...yes. like the game of limbo, the lower the better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ive never kicked anybody, that is part of the fun as far as im concerned.

its better than "sleepwalking" through the levels. and thats a lvl 50's opinion.

but this elitism is probably the answer to the authors original question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fostina1 View Post

its better than "sleepwalking" through the levels. and thats a lvl 50's opinion.

elitism is one of the reasons people play an mmorpg instead of regular rpg -0-
    Prettipaliboi= LVL50 full rift pally
    Prettiboiz= LVL50 full dex birdie
    Prettiguy= LVL50 bear tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I choose to no longer reply to your posts in this thread. It is not elitism it is a personal choice based on the fact that you are currently not contributing but rather trying to generate a baseless debate for the sake of it and no constructive purpose at all. Thank you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Elitism? I was talking about utility and efficiency in a run.

Think of it this way.

You're captain of your baseball team. You get to choose 8 other players for your team. Problem is, there's 9 people to choose from. 8 of them look healthy and able bodied, while the 9th one is in a wheel chair and has Parkinson's. But what you're saying is that mr. Wheelchair has more reasons to be there because he will get more out of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

You have hijacked the thread and now you are trolling. If you wish to discuss your leeching, start your own thread. If you want someone to "level" you, offer to pay someone. If you think your character, who can NOT do damage in a level 50 map, is doing anything other than taking up a space that rightfully belongs to someone else, you are gravely mistaken. All red threats produce 2x XP, and a level 32 has red threats in Swamps. Gear in Swamps can be used by a level 32 to 35. Gear in a level 50 can only be used by a level 50. If you refuse to spend $1.50 to buy Swamps and that is why you are a leech, you should expect only to be booted.

People who boot you are doing you a favor. They are trying to teach you something. Learn it. I guarantee you will boot others when you are a level 50. And I guarantee that you will quit after a few weeks. All leeches are quitters. It is too easy and they leave when they are bored. And stop calling people names.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    Elitism? I was talking about utility and efficiency in a run.

Think of it this way.

You're captain of your baseball team. You get to choose 8 other players for your team. Problem is, there's 9 people to choose from. 8 of them look healthy and able bodied, while the 9th one is in a wheel chair and has Parkinson's. But what you're saying is that mr. Wheelchair has more reasons to be there because he will get more out of it.
    Well people will cheer more for the wheelchair guy lol. You started good but imo I don't like comparing people with disabilities. It would have been better with a unhealthy individual that has no idea how to play baseball. imo at least. nothing against you since I would boot any low levels from the caves.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    You have hijacked the thread and now you are trolling. If you wish to discuss your leeching, start your own thread. If you want someone to "level" you, offer to pay someone. If you think your character, who can NOT do damage in a level 50 map, is doing anything other than taking up a space that rightfully belongs to someone else, you are gravely mistaken. All red threats produce 2x XP, and a level 32 has red threats in Swamps. Gear in Swamps can be used by a level 32 to 35. Gear in a level 50 can only be used by a level 50. If you refuse to spend $1.50 to buy Swamps and that is why you are a leech, you should expect only to be booted.

People who boot you are doing you a favor. They are trying to teach you something. Learn it. I guarantee you will bott others when you are a level 50. And I guarantee that you will quit after a few weeks. All leeches are quitters. It is too easy and they leave when they are bored. And stop calling people names.
    quit quoting me if you dont want an answer. i already apologized for hijacking the thread, it was an honest mistake that you would have realized if you had read the whole thing. i didnt call anyone a name except the people in my ignore list. so dont call me one either. (troll)

and my heal saved several lifes in the 1 level i was allowed to play through. you are correct that the people who boot me are doing me a favor however. thats people i will never have to deal with in game again.

my last post on this topic in this thread if you insist on replying to me then pm me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I apologize for being brash. My job entails me to see disabled people every day of my life, so I am sort of jaded about talking about it in everyday conversation. Sorta like a coroner and dead people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous View Post
    I am absolutely certain that the drop rates were intentional. This is their livelihood and these decisions are not made without a lot of thought and debate. The problem is, that to an outsider, these decisions do not make logical sense and I think that is the reason that a lot of players are upset.

Thus far, they have provided us with no reasoning on WHY these choices were made which is what is important and if explained properly, could help in alleviating my (and many other players) concerns.

-Rav
    When I read this the first thing I thought of was one of the hardest lessons I've learned as a parent. I don't always have to explain my decisions to my kid. Sometimes she just has to deal with the consequences of my actions and there is always a good reason for those actions.

Of course, we aren't the dev's kids and we don't have to "just deal" but when I read this I kind of had an "aha" moment where I think that is kind of what's going on here. They know this change is good. They have a reason why it's good but they don't have to tell us why. For some people this will be annoying and they'll bail. For others, they'll make the most of it while waiting for what's next.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pretticlan View Post
    lol how bout a party with all lvl 1s. lol make a guild called suiciders lol
    I wonder how long we would survive. That might be kind of fun. See who can make it more than 3 seconds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im sorry, i thought i was getting experience, whereas you lvl 50's are just getting a few nice pieces of worthless gear.
    There are other maps to gain experience in where you can actually contribute to the party

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    There is no game economy. There are ripoff artists and suckers. People who work for a living and only have an hour a day to play, the vast majority of us, do not want to be preyed on by these ripoff artists. Thank you devs for finally making it right.
    With all due respect, any time that there is a money supply and buying/selling then there is an economy. I think that the devs are aware of that

-Rav
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Ravenous is a bad *** mofo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous View Post
    With all due respect, any time that there is a money supply and buying/selling then there is an economy. I think that the devs are aware of that

-Rav
    I don't agree. An economy is a closed system, but the fake money in a perpetually expanding game is an open system.

And again, is this game for everyone, or just the few who can spend hours "farming" so they can gouge the prices on the rest of us?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    I apologize for being brash. My job entails me to see disabled people every day of my life, so I am sort of jaded about talking about it in everyday conversation. Sorta like a coroner and dead people.
    Bahahahahaha or like a gynecologist and... Nvm hahaha
    50 PureBird OLDGVETERAN / 50 WarBird OLDGGENERAL / 50 Pally OLDG