Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Cave Update - Questions & Concerns for Devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question Shadow Cave Update - Questions & Concerns for Devs

Please let me preface this by stating that this thread is for serious questions and answers and is NOT a thread to cry and whine like a little kid. If you want to whine, please take it elsewhere and do not post in this thread.

First, I love the new content but I am very against some of the business choices that were made. This thread is simply to get some answers to understand the motivation for these decisions.

We are all aware that the recent update has caused a tremendous disrupt in the PL economy and while some of you may not care about this, it does affect you.

There are simply too many pink drops and to make matters worse, they are the best Level 50 gear available. In a few days (or weeks) this current best gear is going to be nearly worthless in CS.

Devs, why have you made the best gear drop 100% of the time to flood the market? I am certain that you knew beforehand that this would flood the market and make all level 50 gear extremely cheap. Not to mention, level 50 players can now easily get the best gear and there is nothing to strive for. Why not make the best gear rare drops to keep prices in-tact and at least give players something to work towards (farming or saving enough money to buy this new elite gear)? You have already made it known that the players consume the game faster than you can create it. Why would you make the current end-game content so easy to obtain then? Why not make it something that takes time, to allow more content to be created?

I think if you would have done the above, the mixed reactions to this update would have been no longer mixed but extremely positive. I realize that you think that overall sentiment is positive (and it may be but I have not seen it) but it could have been entirely positive with the simple changes mentioned above.

There has to be some type of logical reasoning why you did this but I, and many others, cannot think of it. Could we please get an explanation?

With all of that said, I do not believe that you destroyed the game like some others have claimed. I think the bad things from this update can easily be fixed by raising level caps and doing things the right way which I briefly got into above. That would fix the economy and give something for the players to continue to strive for while waiting for further updates.

-Rav
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Ravenous is a bad *** mofo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good post, I agree if we eat up the updates too quick why make it 1000x faster when to me ( a nonprogrammer ) it would seem that that kind of thing could be changed with a click of a few buttons or few code encryptions. I think that the update could have been a success and atleast kept people chewing on the stick in turn giving you as devs more time to create a the new expansion.. Just seems more logical all the way around. If I am wrong please fill us in on What the intensions of 100% drop rate. Thanks
    50 PureBird OLDGVETERAN / 50 WarBird OLDGGENERAL / 50 Pally OLDG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well cinco answered yesterday on chat and said it was intentional and that the drop rates where good in his opinion. He also said on the forums to someone complaining about quitting that he would get them back to the game very soon.

Maybe they will give us 1.7 sooner than we thought. And this sets will be used for fast leveling or something bigger.

PS He was also teasing about a lvl 50 Vyxnaar on the shadow caves but that was a suggestion from us and he was going to think about it.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    Well cinco answered yesterday on chat and said it was intentional and that the drop rates where good in his opinion. He also said on the forums to someone complaining about quitting that he would get them back to the game very soon.
    I am absolutely certain that the drop rates were intentional. This is their livelihood and these decisions are not made without a lot of thought and debate. The problem is, that to an outsider, these decisions do not make logical sense and I think that is the reason that a lot of players are upset.

Thus far, they have provided us with no reasoning on WHY these choices were made which is what is important and if explained properly, could help in alleviating my (and many other players) concerns.

-Rav

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Gut feeling guess is that 1.7 is just around the corner. This move was to balance everyone before the new update is released, and to allow market prices to fall for a reason, since they were going to spiral down.

So a equal starting line before the new update "race" and a better reason for market prices to drop rather than just speculation. I could be dead wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i just wrote in another thread
    elite with 100% drop rate is only a preparation for all ppl to get easy equippment for playing the next dungeon. nothing hard, just to get the needed set...
    may its wanted too that prices in cs fall a bit to help poor ppl.
    i think new updates coming soon and we can expect to hunt rares for new awesome sets!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I don't think we'll get a clear answer. Or that the devs will confirm or deny any of these speculations. We've been at it for two days already, got two threads locked, some (very) vague hints and plenty of joking around in the chat box.
    But no clear answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

He also said he saw the big picture. I am guessing an update very soon.

PS they are also trying to get more casuals in the game and more votes for the best app ever category. this is imo.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1000. Finally someone who doesn't think they "ruined the game, blah blah, QQ".
    I honestly think this was just a tiny part in a major update, for example a level cap raise.

Wysee - Lvl 50 Int Enchantress
    Wysee - Lvl 13 Int Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I don't think we'll get a clear answer. Or that the devs will confirm or deny any of these speculations. We've been at it for two days already, got two threads locked, some (very) vague hints and plenty of joking around in the chat box.
    But no clear answer.
    Yes, I am aware that there has been much discussion about this but the entire approach taken was wrong. Bashing the development team, whining and/or threatening to quit does not do anything constructive and is not the way to get answers and that is why we have not had any real answers to our questions.

I started this thread, rather than posting in another, was to start clean and provide an entirely constructive rather than destructive thread in hopes that the devs would give us a few more answers to alleviate many of our concerns.

-Rav

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

The new update made my phone explode and are responsible for my smoking habit. Too much complaining! lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when he said big picture i think he was talking about statistics of user activity. these stats prob showed that the majority of new users level to 50 and then quit b/c the best gear is hard to obtain and its not as fun playing w gear that doesnt offer as much. it also prob showed that the majority lvl 50's w the best equip keep returning. in order to get new lvl 50ers to not quit, they prob made the drop rate of shadow gear 100% in an attempt to retain customers. i dont know who will be doing cyber quest or farm for rift/cosmo/void anymore but i'm sure the devs have something in store for us.

i personally think the best gear should be the rarest and hardest to obtain (rift/cosmos/void). the second and third best gear should be cyber and shadow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When you look at the big picture, you have to remember that there are many iOS players who had full rift/cosmos/void sets and extra sets to sell off for money before android client was even released.

Now with the influx of new players who probably don't have the same vast qty' of money available or armor as the old iOS people it would make sense from a balance point of things to equal the playing field for all players at 50 in-line for a new instance to come out - thus; you dont have one group of people (the older iOS) steamrolling new content and leveling up +5~/+10~ levels faster and the other group of people (android.... ?? PC ???) who have lesser pinks/purples and struggle or are disadvantaged.

If the fields wern't leveled then you would still have the disparity and some people would moan its too hard and others too easy; this imo is a way to resolve 2 (or even 3) birds with 1 stone

Normally, the way mmo's work, older players and better geared have an advantage over new ones and thats fine - just not in the case when a whole new platform is released the rules need to be changed somewhat.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Trust me, none of your questions will be answered by devs.

We had a 22 page discussion about this, eventually locked, after a dev telling us to quit, and that the update helped the overall health of the game.

We just have to let it be, take a break, discover other MMOs, I have faith that the devs will eventually fix this problem, and the next update might answer these questions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Refriedchicken View Post
    Trust me, none of your questions will be answered by devs.

We had a 22 page discussion about this, eventually locked, after a dev telling us to quit, and that the update helped the overall health of the game.

We just have to let it be, take a break, discover other MMOs, I have faith that the devs will eventually fix this problem, and the next update might answer these questions.
    It would be pretty funny if they came up with levels that requires rift sets to be equipped...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Balgreta View Post
    Now with the influx of new players who probably don't have the same vast qty' of money available or armor as the old iOS people it would make sense from a balance point of things to equal the playing field for all players at 50 in-line for a new instance to come out - thus; you dont have one group of people (the older iOS) steamrolling new content and leveling up +5~/+10~ levels faster and the other group of people (android.... ?? PC ???) who have lesser pinks/purples and struggle or are disadvantaged.
    I disagree and hope that this was not the motivation behind their decision.

I only started playing PL about a month ago and already have a level 50 with the best gear and 1.5M gold to bank. This should prove that theory wrong.

-Rav

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i think only 1 level 50 should be allowed in each party. you selfish bunch of jerks. sorry, almost filled up my ignore list this morning. i know you want to kill fast, but if im not supposed to be there then i wouldnt be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fostina1 View Post
    i think only 1 level 50 should be allowed in each party. you selfish bunch of jerks. sorry, almost filled up my ignore list this morning. i know you want to kill fast, but if im not supposed to be there then i wouldnt be.
    What do you mean?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fostina1 View Post
    Please do not derail my thread with something completely unrelated. (Others please ignore)

-Rav

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry i had several tabs open and replied to wrong one. the one i meant to reply to was closed. i apologize. (others do as you wish im not your boss)
    -Onafasin