Thread: Shadow Cave Update - Questions & Concerns for Devs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    Well cinco answered yesterday on chat and said it was intentional and that the drop rates where good in his opinion. He also said on the forums to someone complaining about quitting that he would get them back to the game very soon.
    I am absolutely certain that the drop rates were intentional. This is their livelihood and these decisions are not made without a lot of thought and debate. The problem is, that to an outsider, these decisions do not make logical sense and I think that is the reason that a lot of players are upset.

Thus far, they have provided us with no reasoning on WHY these choices were made which is what is important and if explained properly, could help in alleviating my (and many other players) concerns.

-Rav
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Ravenous is a bad *** mofo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous View Post
    I am absolutely certain that the drop rates were intentional. This is their livelihood and these decisions are not made without a lot of thought and debate. The problem is, that to an outsider, these decisions do not make logical sense and I think that is the reason that a lot of players are upset.

Thus far, they have provided us with no reasoning on WHY these choices were made which is what is important and if explained properly, could help in alleviating my (and many other players) concerns.

-Rav
    When I read this the first thing I thought of was one of the hardest lessons I've learned as a parent. I don't always have to explain my decisions to my kid. Sometimes she just has to deal with the consequences of my actions and there is always a good reason for those actions.

Of course, we aren't the dev's kids and we don't have to "just deal" but when I read this I kind of had an "aha" moment where I think that is kind of what's going on here. They know this change is good. They have a reason why it's good but they don't have to tell us why. For some people this will be annoying and they'll bail. For others, they'll make the most of it while waiting for what's next.