Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous prices

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    The market would still decide the price of all items, the NPC would only provide a ceiling. So yes, if the ceiling on an arcane pet was 25m, then Singe would still sell for 11m. It just means that items like the arcane shard won't get out of hand. And maybe the price on mythic weapons should be 20m. So if the sword only sells for 5m, then fine. But since the bow is so expensive, it would top out at 25m.
    So if the market prices correctly below a certain value, then why shouldn't the market correctly price above a certain value, other then a person happening to have less then that value. You can say the items that are 10M are too high for those who have less then 10M, should those items be reprices below 10M or is this extremely specific to items that are over 50M?
    So, out of sheer curiosity you don't perhaps have enough to buy the ring for 50M but can't afford to buy it for the current 90M price? Because if that is the case, then this plan would at least make sense for you.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    So if the market prices correctly below a certain value, then why shouldn't the market correctly price above a certain value, other then a person happening to have less then that value. You can say the items that are 10M are too high for those who have less then 10M, should those items be reprices below 10M or is this extremely specific to items that are over 50M?
    So, out of sheer curiosity you don't perhaps have enough to buy the ring for 50M but can't afford to buy it for the current 90M price? Because if that is the case, then this plan would at least make sense for you.
    I can't afford the ring unless it was 15-20m. I won't be buying the ring any time soon. I'm just talking about setting a ceiling on these items, because with the current trend, I predict within 2 years there will be items that top 1 billion gold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here is my main point....

Imagine you are a new player who just started playing AL, and you do NOT spend much plat. Maybe you spend a little bit to buy the occasional elixir or pet, but not enough to open large numbers of crates. Let's suppose you play quite often, even for a few hours every single day.

Given that info, how long do you think it would take before you could have all the best gear?

IMO the answer is never, because the price of max gear is rising faster than the pace at which you could accumulate wealth. There needs to be an avenue for acquiring the best gear other than getting lucky and looting the rare item or spending huge amounts of plat. That can never happen if the entry price is always rising. It needs to level off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am that player. I started playing around 3 mos ago and I have been playing every day. I have never bought plat. Currently, I have over 6 million and a twink with another million of gear. I can make at least 200k a day just farming alone. Prices are not rising so much that I will not be be able to get the best items. The more info I have the more gold I have. The more gold I have the more I can merch. The more I merch, the more gold I can have, ad infinitum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingKrum View Post
    I am that player. I started playing around 3 mos ago and I have been playing every day. I have never bought plat. Currently, I have over 6 million and a twink with another million of gear. I can make at least 200k a day just farming alone. Prices are not rising so much that I will not be be able to get the best items. The more info I have the more gold I have. The more gold I have the more I can merch. The more I merch, the more gold I can have, ad infinitum.
    The best items cost 248m as stated.. So you probably need 120 months of farming .....................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

RIP new players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

man i am so glad i play low level #nogoldproblem
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

8. The Following User Says Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    187 Posts

That's why I'm thinking to return back to level 12 or 18.

Sent from my Gpad_G1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

12 12!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

When items circulate more or less equally among all, then prices drop. Best items dont need to be dirt cheap, and they dont need to be too common. But yes the prices of the best/rarest items are insane right now. However the pretentious and secretly-greedy among us are the ones responsible and to an extent the means provided to them by sts are indirectly responsible. Why does Sts not bring back the Arlor vanities? Because merchs will be disappointed, for instance.

You - yourself and most of us know who are- grab the best items and then coax sts to make them less accessible so that you can monopolize the market and list them at sky-high prices. Every time something new and best comes up - for example the new mythic items- arent the merchants among us always the ones worried about their prices dropping? "Oh dont let everyone get it - prices will drop, it will ruin the economy". Oh do you mean it will thwart your attempts at looting newer players even more? :P

With the current mindset of the so-called elitist players in the community (the same ones who encourage and safeguard the trend of selling and buying stuff at 100m each), the enormous gap between the casual/new players and them can never be filled and thats what they want actually. It gives them their bragging rights for a sense of accomplishment which they perhaps lack in real life.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 07-24-2014 at 06:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    When items circulate more or less equally among all, then prices drop. Best items dont need to be dirt cheap, and they dont need to be too common. But yes the prices of the best/rarest items are insane right now. However the pretentious and secretly-greedy among us are the ones responsible and to an extent the means provided to them by sts are indirectly responsible. Why does Sts not bring back the Arlor vanities? Because merchs will be disappointed, for instance.

You - yourself and most of us know who are- grab the best items and then coax sts to make them less accessible so that you can monopolize the market and list them at sky-high prices. Every time something new and best comes up - for example the new mythic items- arent the merchants among us always the ones worried about their prices dropping? "Oh dont let everyone get it - prices will drop, it will ruin the economy". Oh do you mean it will thwart your attempts at looting newer players even more? :P

With the current mindset of the so-called elitist players in the community (the same ones who encourage and safeguard the trend of selling and buying stuff at 100m each), the enormous gap between the casual/new players and them can never be filled and thats what they want actually. It gives them their bragging rights for a sense of accomplishment which they perhaps lack in real life.
    SBAM!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I can say with 100% certainty that the first and biggest step to change things needs to be to eliminate the platinum to gold conversion. Without this all efforts to deflate the economy are futile. Step two is removing gold drops in locked. Step three is a major gold sink and increasing gold rewards for daily quests. If these things are done i can foresee a future for al economy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dantus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dantus View Post
    I can say with 100% certainty that the first and biggest step to change things needs to be to eliminate the platinum to gold conversion. Without this all efforts to deflate the economy are futile. Step two is removing gold drops in locked. Step three is a major gold sink and increasing gold rewards for daily quests. If these things are done i can foresee a future for al economy.
    All AL needs is a few leaderboard competitions where STS isn't trying to gouge for plat (in addition to what you mentioned about the plat to gold exchange and locked crates). Gold entry fee (NO PLATINUM ENERGY). Imagine... a leaderboard competition for some ultra rare untradeable vanity (one that actually looks good and is worthy of a heft price tag). You may not have 5 or 10 people dropping 50m each to win it like the last two absurd contests... but you may have a LOT of people spending 10m to try to win it.

But this would require STS to temper their thirst for a couple events. Is it realistic? I doubt it, but who knows. If sts is really concerned with fixing it, there are ways.
    Last edited by Rare; 07-24-2014 at 08:20 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    All AL needs is a few leaderboard competitions where STS isn't trying to gouge for plat (in addition to what you mentioned about the plat to gold exchange and locked crates). Gold entry fee (NO PLATINUM ENERGY). Imagine... a leaderboard competition for some ultra rare untradeable vanity (one that actually looks good and is worthy of a heft price tag). You may not have 5 or 10 people dropping 50m each to win it like the last two absurd contests... but you may have a LOT of people spending 10m to try to win it.

But this would require STS to temper their thirst for a couple events. Is it realistic? I doubt it, but who knows. If sts is really concerned with fixing it, there are ways.
    I can see lots of people say here to make the rewards (to eliminate gold) merely cool in looking.. But it seems sts have changed their mind , Rewards like sns nowadays sux in looking but way too op in battle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

True I agree with alot of good points people brought in here.
    A LB contest is good gold sink if the reward is great but non tradable, which means they cant sell it aswel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    True I agree with alot of good points people brought in here.
    A LB contest is good gold sink if the reward is great but non tradable, which means they cant sell it aswel.
    As long as the gold passes from a player to another its not a gold sink, its called gold circulation.

Lb contests are not gold sinks but revenue sources for sts.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Anarchist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Lb contests are not a gold sink, because as soon as such competition is announced, most of lb chasers will convert plat to gold (for example, by buying and selling elixir kits) and in fact, everything will remain static.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    As long as the gold passes from a player to another its not a gold sink, its called gold circulation.

Lb contests are not gold sinks but revenue sources for sts.
    Read my post before replying. If the reward is non tradable which means can't be sold, how is it not a gold sink? How is it gold circulation?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Read my post before replying. If the reward is non tradable which means can't be sold, how is it not a gold sink? How is it gold circulation?
    Because sink only works if you buy with gold from NPC.
    Otherwise it is gold circulation, which, IMHO, is even better because it actually does happen, but apparently many people don't think so.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Milan Lame Man View Post
    Because sink only works if you buy with gold from NPC.
    Otherwise it is gold circulation, which, IMHO, is even better because it actually does happen, but apparently many people don't think so.
    Yeah true. Energies should have been gold purchasable only and rewards should have been non tradable. It would be gold sink then!