Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: How Did You Like Ursoth's Assault? | Official Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

just add more item at token vendor like weapon, amulet or ring, not just vanity.
    little bear should be at egg form but must be purchase with 1000 token.
    Dovabear for reach gold tier is a great thing.

Overall i like it but still i like tarlok wrath event more than any event that STS do for Arcane Legends so far.
    but i really love this game, its like my second world hahaha. Thank you STS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Kudos to your team! Great event ! I stil think the tarlok system is better tbh but this was a good one nonetheless!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well to be honest ....the event had its flaws espically with helena's op health..but compare to the goblin event ....it was a major improvement i was very pleased at the work you guys put forth for this event 1 suggestion if i may...i and maybe others feel that the stun on dovabear needs improving..sadly i havent had a stun from dovabear in like never. If you guys could improve dova stun chances just a tad bit ill be highly gracious

Thank you STS :from Ghostfacehart

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I enjoyed the event but not as much as the previous ones. I'm not crazy about the energy essence or the cost of time for recovering energy. I feel like this is a big turn off for people. Some people may only be able to play for longer times at cetain times. By this energy idea, you are taking away this flexibility, unless they pay with real money. Not cool.

The tier idea was fun and made me want to reach the gold to get the bear. After reaching the gold tier i really didnt know why I would keep playing with that same toon. So after reaching the gold tier I felt like the event was over and done with. This happened by the second day.

Crafting the elondrian locks was a neat idea. It forced people to farm the essences and made the lock relevent again, so good for business. Nice job on that.

Crafting the spirit chests was o.k.

Merching wise, people made a lot of gold buying selling bears, locks, mythics, etc... It also brought a lot of inventory to the cs. Those ancients are op and rendered many legendaries useless. Many legendaries were fairly new like the conquis. We need a sink for all those pinks!

Lastly, what I really enjoyed About the event was that it forced me to rely on and play with other toons especially with Helena. I actually remember some of the names, and bumped into one while in watchers tomb today. It brought a smile to my face remembering the pain we went through to beat one of the bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

1. Energy System 3/10. It still limits free players competing against plat spenders.
    2. Bosses:
    a) Herond: 9/10. A good starter boss with annoying stuns.
    b) Europhex: 9.5/10. Another good boss with decent token drops and Points.
    c) Helena: 7/10. Time wasting and useless boss with good tokens and point drops but considering the huge HP should have had better loots to drop.
    d) Ursoth: 10/10. Good loot, token and point drops. Attack animations were kinda funny and he was fun to fight against however he was too weak compared to Helena being the best Event boss.

3. Event Chests:
    a) Entangled: 8/10. Good gears, cheap in Vendor shop. Gear goes for a good price.
    b) Spirit Chest: 3/10. Pathetic crafting time and mythic drop rates. After crafting for 12 hrs I don't really want to see an epic item or 2k even 10k pop out of a chest.
    c) Elondrian Locked: 7/10. What were those useless amulets doing in those crates? Easy to craft and profitable if sold. Overall a good addition to the game but old items dropping needs to be change.

4. Event Map: 1/10. Where are the mobs in the map? A boss at the end of the map with 4-5 vines as mobs is not the way I expected from this event.

5. Bane Item: 10/10. A good item to get an edge over the boss. The stun proc was useful as well.

6. Bane item system 0/10. We don't need such system. Seriously, why give an OP power to the boss that by only spending plats can help. Sure we can buy one of Auction but the ones in Acution are coming of plat purchase as well. Did you guys(STS) notice that not many guys were buying the "Cleansing Stone" during Goblin Event as ppl can easily walk around those poison pools, so you introduce the unavoidable "Rooting" from the Elondrian bosses and thus increasing the sales on bane item.

7. Event Duration: 5/10. Some may disagree but I think the event's length being 3 weeks was completely unnecessary.

I can go on, but I think I should stop here.

Overall, I give this event a: 6/10

#rantingstartsbelow

I know it won't happen in a million years to come but still...

Now, that you guys(STS) have made a boat load of $ from this event. Can free users(I am not completely free user, so don't count me in) have some decent content and equal chances to compete against the Plat spenders? By "equal", I mean, Energy can't be purchased using plat or remove Energy system for everyone. I am sure most of AL users including myself don't really want to grind WT4 or any other map for essence when there's an event. Remember when PL had events? It was free for all to enter, anyone can get inside loot a couple of items and do as many runs as they want. That's one of the reasons ppl loved PL and STS team. What you're doing now just alienates the free user abd plat user and as a result ppl r starting to turn their back on the game.

That was me ranting from a free player's perspective. As a plat spender, I don't see my real money being properly used in this game. 1000s of users ran the event in hopes of making it to the Top 10 of their class. When they didn't win S&S, sure they got disappointed and feels their real money being wasted and sooner or later they quit the game. For this reason and many other reasons, I SUGGEST TO REMOVE ANY AND ALL REWARDS FROM LEADERBOARD IF THERE IS PLATS INVOLVED. I remember once a mod said in PL forums "Plat purchased items are not tradeable because if people are scammed for it then they are also scammed out of real life money". What happened to that motto of yours?

That being said, can both free users and plat users expect some damn good expansion in the near future? Please no skill cap excuses. I dont think that's a issue (atleast not for another expansion) when we can still invest points in our skills(both passive and active).
    Last edited by Back; 07-23-2014 at 11:28 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Back For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I hope When you Reach Gold Tier onwards the Prizes is continuously gained like every 1K point you earned after getting into gold Tier you will receive an item and Give More Chance to Normal Players To get Cool Pet Like Shady and Surge dont Limit it To the Ones who Spend Lots of Lots of MONEY! And When Entering The Event dont allow players to leave easily like in helena, Helena is a good Scarecrow for Scardy Weakling Players who cant even try to kill her they just runaway and peed their pants. I hope There is still a chance to get Shady And Surge
    Last edited by Dwertyq; 07-23-2014 at 03:40 AM. Reason: typo error

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dwertyq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I didn't like the event at first because I would blow through all my energy. But as I started farming essences it became more of a background/pickup type event with guildies that reminded me of tarlok. Encouraging and rewarding farming is the best thing you can do in mmorpgs. It gives the people who put in time grinding a chance for good gear and gold. The vendor had cheap item which was nice and cheap chest which u could craft into spirit chests. Chest had low chance of loot but that's to be expected.

Recommendations for future events, make random portals more sporadic and open after killing boss and close after a minute or so, but make free to enter to encourage farming maps. New gems for armor and or damage to give more variety to upgrades

Rifa' Ash Sharqi, Al Rifa` Wa Al Mintaqah Al Janubiyah, Bahrain, Bahrain
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Good

Great event , got 5 dova xD thanks sts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

General
    - Event and cooldown end times need to be announced earlier than 30 minutes in advance. Now I'm spending several hours a day scraping those last 2 tokens a day that are still available (exploit?) just to buy that last Entangled to craft one more Spirit chest. If I could run the portal just once, I'd have more than enough. Obviously there's no point in rounding your tokens until the end is announced.
    - The Ward only serves one purpose, to annoy free players. It sold for 40k+ when I needed it. Good thing I had 11 plat on one account, otherwise I'd be herp-derping the whole event without a Ward.
    - Obviously nobody would be hurt if Helena's health was halved.

Energy
    - I really wish the capacity was 4-5 balls. Having 3 balls only forces people to play 8+ hours a day, or play twice a day, which does not quite fit in some people's schedule. Also as everyone only had 0-2 balls active, it was no fun to create a party for just 2 runs, and then disband.

PUGs
    - Level matching need to be fixed. Often I ended up in a map with a warrior 6 levels above me.
    - Tier matching needs to be introduced (silver with silver etc.), or the boss be determined by the highest player.
    - Leeching / leaving the event map needs to be fixed (see Suggestions for an idea how if you don't have any)

Other than that, it was pretty cool.
    Disclaimer: my lameness is figurative but strong

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Milan Lame Man For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

I really have to say...the majority of people whom are under the misconception that the Goblin event was an actual full on event is frightening...I will say it again for everyone to know, the Goblin Event was a test for the Ursoths Assault event...a beta version if you will...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It was fine but could have 3 days more

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Helena Bad, Helena Bad, Helena Bad!!!

If you are level 41 and have a guild run it's probably not a problem. Especially once you figure out the exploit that keeps those vines from spawning.

However at lower levels you almost always have to PUG. Which makes Helena impossible and wastes your energy points every time the whole group gives up.

It was so frustrating that I almost uninstalled the game after losing seven energy points in a row because people would always just leave the map whenever she spawned.

If you didn't use the exploit she was harder than Ursoth which makes no sense at all.

Sent from my Jedi MasterX Note 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh yeah! I almost forgot about all those random green portals that appeared on all the maps.

Really awful when several things are coming to kill you and you open one of those portals by mistake.

Sent from my Jedi MasterX Note 2

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ash359 For This Useful Post:

I unlive in Underworld. Unlive, not live.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    272 Posts

The event is very good that peoples can make alot of gold and not become poor anymore
    Hope next event is more fantastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

STS you did a fantastic job with this event!!! You will never be able to please everyone so don't even try. I'm actually surprised at how negative a lot of the comments have been in this thread. What do people expect? I truly believe that no matter what STS does people are going to whine and complain.

As for the event I really liked most aspects of it. I think requiring essences to craft new locks, new leps, new gems and energy was fantastic. It made people work to achieve their goals and kept the price of new items up. This event gave an easy and guaranteed method of making gold. Anyone who farms elites knows how frustrating it is when you do 40 runs and don't get a drop worth anything. This event allowed players a guaranteed return for time invested.

Those who complain about the leaderboards need to see the light. Without a lb which generates revenue for STS there is no reason to continue putting on new events. I love the fact that there is a reason for STS to continue developing new events. Please keep these coming. I would love to see something like this every other month. I think the game needs events at regular intervals. Seeing as new mythic weapons have already been released in elocks the next event you could combine 3 locks to give a x2 arcane loot lock or a x2 mythic crate. New gems could be added that would add crit, dodge, H/S or M/S.

I lol that some people are complaining about Dovabear being given away for free. How is this a bad thing? All rich players already have and use Sam. All this does is give poorer players a descent pet. I think this was a fantastic reward and made the event map worthwhile to run.

On the constructive side the way we are matched up to run PUGs could be revamped. If the game would keep people of the same tier together that would be great.

Overall this event was excellent. STS, you've done a great job and I am hopeful that events like this will happen often.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigboyblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Nice event sts. But some of the Leaderboarders turned out to be bigger trolls than ursoth himself, what with all the manipulated "TIES".

The purpose of the LB was probably to keep SnS limited, handing it out to a few But sts let TIES happen again (manipulated LB) even after it was obvious that this form of planned and engineered "ties" could happen in the goblinevent, killing that very purpose of the pet being handed out to only a few. Since because of several ties more than intended have been given out, they should be released in locked crates too.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

These are just my opinions. Event was "ok"

Pros:
    1. The event itself... and the energy farming, you guys really hit it here. A good job imo. See #1 though cons though.

Cons:
    1. The only actual problem with the event itself (elondria) was the lack of things to spend tokens on. Also, the lack of good drops from the event maps. After hitting gold tier, there was little driving me to keep playing. I went another 6 or 7k points just to try spirit chests... but that got boring too. Didn't buy a single vanity or pet with tokens as they were dirt cheap and didn't justify spending half the token limit.
    2. I had to spend too much time farming essences (you guys REALLY need to look into the different farming tactics here). Pay to play? No... how about Play to pay? That's what this event became for me.
    3. Your leaderboard system... terrible. All around bad vibe in the community since the goblin event. A real turn off for myself. Again. just my opinion. And I'll be spending my time elsewhere for the most part. You need to fix the ties. There shouldn't be ties. I would have though you'd fix it after the goblin event. Interestingly enough, you left it in again. This time, maybe it didn't work out.
    4. Helena. -1. For a boss of this difficulty, better rewards should be given. Not that she was hard, per se, but the reward did not justify the 10 minutes or more it took in pugs.
    Last edited by Rare; 07-23-2014 at 10:47 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Good job for this event, thank you dev team for your hard work.

con: event not dropping new weapon, some of my twink need better weapon instead of old season weapon, we at season 6 now?, why weapon from season 1 or 2 still the best for low lvl twink? We see tarlok armor set already replace the best armor from old season, so now we need better weapon.
    I hope we can have more energy slot next time, maybe 5 and each energy slot only need 4 hour to restored.

Thank you very much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

I also think SnS should be released in locked now.
    The lb players got them as a reward, fine. But also the others should have a chance to get them (we all know to be on lb u had to invest a lot of plat/money... so now that the event finished let the "commoners players" have a chance as well).
    Furthermore I don't get the idea of a limited item limited only to lb...
    I like the fact sts makes new contests, ty.
    I also liked the tier rewards. Only try to improve more the crafting system for the next event: better rewards when opening the crafted spirits chests please...
    About Helena n the portals spawning where not needed I do agree with what has been already said by other players above.
    About the new mythic weapons I personally didn't like them, so I'm saving for the next arcane weapon hoping it will be cooler (I'm talking about the appearance, not the weapon stats ).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Although I participated in the event, I didnt particularly like it, I feel like there was no opportunity for everyone to compete its clearly and event for people who have lots of gold or spend lots of plat, I think the idea is great, but needs alot of work, ties should not result in an extra egg should be top 10 players who get the egg regardless of ties if the number 10th egg winner is tied then yes an extra egg should be the result, also this event was supposed to be for level for 35 plus yet one person used two twinks farmed at a much easier level , leveled up and got two eggs, I found it unbelievable this was allowed, absolutely unfair. People also charged other players for spots, tied , and charged people with absolutely no real score , and tied to ensure them an egg, this is why I feel my suggestion of the top 10 regardless of ties , is needed, obviously if last spot in the top ten say for example 2 people are tied at 6 but are number 10 and 10 in terms of "top ten players" then yes and extra egg should be granted, as its impossible to decide between two people who are sharing the same last spot eho can be awarded the prize.

On another note I think runner up prizes are needed, as if you are going to continue to make us need energy kits to participate in theese events, its jnfsir for somkne to invest 40m gold and be at such a loss, ruins the fun completely.

I did enjoy the idea lf the event, I think its a great alternative to make gold, but thid event id only available to people who have gold, I think you must I culde events that everyone can participate in , I regards to competing for prizes.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lethaljade For This Useful Post: