Thread: tips for noobs - warrior level 24 stuck in quests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default tips for noobs - warrior level 24 stuck in quests

i posted this in wrong place before i think...

hi,

i play for 2 weeks now so im still a noob, i think now i undertand how the game works at least for the basics, the quests.

i reach level 24 - warrior but now its harder to get better because:

1 - already study the skills and change them to get stronger which help me finishing a few more quests but now im stuck. i have windimill, horn, vengeful blood and skyward smash

2 - check the market and bought almost the best warrior weapons for me at decent prices ( a 24 warrior just doesnt have 1M to spend and have the BEST weapons or helms for its level but i own :

blackwater claymore of potency level 24
    ancient druid helm of will level 24
    ancient druid bark of assault 23 but its better than 24 because it was craft with good strenght gems
    glowstone hoop of assault 24
    arcane pendant of potency 24

3- study the pets i could buy and bought loki according quality/price for 13k (good strenght and good damage)

so what i ask is: is my strategy wrong? could i change something that will increase my skills and help me finishing the quests? maybe im putting everything in strenght and damage and those are not the best options for warriors?

i also never was able to kill someone in pvts, i tried 10 times maybe and i lose all the times

im stuck in jurn woods in nordr and in
    ancient mariner reef in windmore arbor

obviously i dont even unlock stronhold, kelys, shuyal, tindirin or expedition camp

thx for the tips and for reading!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Warriors are hard to level without a team. I did a lot of duo'ing with my wife's sorcerer. Then, I found a great guild, and they helped me get through the harder Nordr, Shuyal and Tindrin. Your druid armor are way better than what I had back then.

At your level, I was doing many Hauntlet runs, many dailies in Nordr for the 300xp, even up to level 40.

There was a double xp weekend right as I turned 40. I capitalized on that to get the 27000xp for 41. I was in Tindrin 1 & 2 non stop. That was a tough grind.

In the end, I wish I had made a rogue lol....they can solo and farm way better than a warrior. 4 rogues in my alliance were farming the Ursoth event without a tank. Makes me feel obselete actually. I doubt they can do that with elite Tindrin, but I think I will ask them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I have a 41 rogue and am leveling a warrior right now (currently 37) and it's definitely easier to solo with the rogue. This is what I found helps a lot: don't do Nordr until you're level 25 or 26 then level to 30-31 before you tackle Shuyal then level to 35-36 before you do Tindrin.

There is one place that I've found that's easy for a warrior to grind for xp: Kraag Tombs 4. There's an excellent guide on the forum here for speed leveling there and I can run it solo in 4-4.5 minutes using Ethyl (fairly cheap pet) and legendary gear similar to yours. I'm sure Loki would work fine too but I don't use him. Search for speed leveling and kraag tomb 4 and you should find the guide.

It's tough to complete quests, especially in Shayul, because there are so few people playing these maps to pug with. You almost have to get into an active guild in order to get some rogues/sorcs to back you up.

Hope this helps. When I can get a good party together I actually have a lot more fun with my warrior than my rogue so don't give up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

thx for the tips guys,

well hauntlet is really hard for me, i did it but with luck cause i found better mates because most of times i try alone and its really hard and since they appear like cockroaches i cant end it
    nordr is also very hard, i cant even pass first mission :/
    i will try kraag tombs,lets see if i can move a few levels higher

do u think ethyl is better? i was thinking on wyatt too, i read all the stats and ethyl didnt sound so great
    guess i wish rough but u cant tell when u start a new game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

If you need help find the AL MinuteMen thread and post a request

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In my experience, Kraag 4 is much easier for a solo warrior than Hauntlet so I think you'll do better there. Plus I enjoy running it - you get pull large groups of mobs together and then beat them dead.

If you see a sorc/rogue close to your level in Kraag 4, you can always throw them a party invite as well to see if they'll join you. I personally prefer not running with another warrior in Kraag because it seems to slow things down.

I don't have Loki on my warrior so I can't tell you how he compares to Ethyl. I recently bought Wyatt but haven't leveled him enough to make a valid comparison yet. There are a lot of posts in the warrior forum on best pets so I'd recommend you do a search through those before you buy any more. My point was that you don't need an expensive/uber pet to be able to effectively run Kraag 4. Loki is likely fine for that purpose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

im now lvl 24 and really hard to level up . why