Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A Follow-Up to the Nekro Questline Announcement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

or just put them in the lockeds / elondrias. also increase the change of looting it from a elite golden chest. so people dont need to buy plat. ( so its fear play for the ones who dont have much gold but giving it al the way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Konviict View Post
    Maybe let the component be obtainable with story tokens which costs about 750-1000 tokens?
    1000 hauntlet coins would be good.

Last edited by Haligali; 07-25-2014 at 01:39 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Glad to see Singe taken out of recipe but adding a new arcane item for recipe? zzz... Rich people problems. I'll probably never own this new pet but I disagree with nerfing it. Look what happened with Singe. New pets are supposed to get better anyway. Isn't that the point of item/pet advancement?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hazezon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hazezon View Post
    Glad to see Singe taken out of recipe but adding a new arcane item for recipe? zzz... Rich people problems. I'll probably never own this new pet but I disagree with nerfing it. Look what happened with Singe. New pets are supposed to get better anyway. Isn't that the point of item/pet advancement?
    i disagree, arcane pets are arcane pets. each one should be useful for different circumstances but one shouldn't be so OP that it makes the others obsolete. come on guys, 20% damage, 15 crit, insane dex, str and int AND the chance to banish? that's ridiculous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree with twoc. The non-tradeable components would make the pet hard to obtain. People won't be getting the components that easily and they would have to work hard, very hard to obtain them and craft them. Again as energizeric mentioned that crafting may take possible days which would surely make plat players rush to complete(for every 30mins it take 1 plat, so imagine 7 days rush=336 plats, with only one crafting rush). With the non-tradeable components it would keep the egg still arcane and high in price which would make the merchers and hoarders happy as well.
    But having said that, highest chances are that the new item(arcane) would most likely be in locked crates, because thats where their huge income comes from. The sales from several players trying to loot the arcane item from lockeds>>any amount of rush. So its basically back to STS on what they want to decide.
    Some other points where STS can make plat sales is if they made crafting slots purchaseable. Yes you may argue that we can buy one character slot for 12plats or story tokens. But think again, gem essences are non stashable, so I am pretty sure that they would make quite a plat sales through buyable crafting slots.
    They could also make the arcane item(TBD) to be purchasable by story tokens(not favoring as then you would have to just use 4mins of day) or better yet by hauntlet tokens(i dont remember the last time anything nice was added to hauntlet tokens).
    At this point we can only speculate and assume and hope that the ball swings in our favor, but chances are high that its arcane ring all over again

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iamherewithu4ever For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    No, not that limited LOL.

I keep bringing up the ichor quest from PL, but that is really what I'm looking for. It was a dungeon that took about 5-10 minutes for a party of 5 to complete. Your chances of getting an ichor to drop from the boss were around 1 in 5. You needed 500 ichors to complete the quest, and you had about 6 weeks to do it.

Also, there was a small chance that the boss on the map would drop very rare black dragon helms and armors, which today are the most valuable items in PL. So farming the black dragon items kept people running those maps over and over even if they were not going to do the quest. And most players did NOT do the quest as you needed to run the map so many times. I played for a couple of hours per day, and I managed to finish the quest just in time. The reward for completing the quest was an elite weapon, which at the time was the best weapon in the game. While a fair number of players got these elite weapons, it did not flood the market with them.

Making it time limited does not have to mean you don't sleep. It just means you cannot play or 15 minutes per day either and hope to complete the quest. It means you must really work for it.
    You love mentioning the Ichor quest ... so perhaps you are just stuck in the past. The current AL base is 20-50 TIMES what PL had. You need to come to grips with that, and realize that if they had an Ichor quest in AL, it would absolutely FLOOD the place with the items.
    There needs to be a limiter other then time, and consider that how ever many times you run this to get a drop, it will never account to more then the number of times it was run by other players combined in the first hour. So if you have a relatively decent chance of getting a drop, then you need to integrate that over the entire population willing to run this which would be flood proportions. The other option is to have it drop at a rate that does not flood, but that means the odds say the MAJORITY will not get it, so you will have to come to terms with the fact that odds say YOU will NEVER get it.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Why are we having Nekro nerfed before release? WHY?

Too many influential Samael, SnS owners complaining! The real issue was singe being a crafting component!

STS if you guys shove the arcane elements in lockeds, that will be the new issue, it will be no different from trying to pop a thousand crates for an arcane shard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    Yay! Sometimes we lose faith, but in the end I think you guys try to do the right thing.

My one suggestion is make the new arcane element a very very rare drop in elite Tindirin(not in chests but as a legit drop). Elites are dead atm there is really nothing to do but pvp. This will bring elites back and give non-plat spenders a fighting chance.
    Yes! Making an arcane pet which is avaiable to non-plat users would be great.
    You should make all the ingredients dropable in elites map, and the more easy an elite map is, the more rare the ingredients are.
    1. This should give us something to do in elites because, everytime i have free time for AL i would like to run elites maps instead of sitting in expedition camp/ paradise pier trying to make money.
    2. The last few events have been fun but, it gets boring over time. You can make this pet obtainable by a long quest or a hunt for peoples to do and have fun.
    3. Also, the last few events has include plat and peoples who are poor or has no plat can't get the good stuff up there. If this is made non-plat use, the poor would get richer and peoples would make better bonds with others doing the quest/hunt.

We have spent tons of plats for you guys so you should make a fun event for us to do( Its equivalent exchange wait... This isnt a show lol) (:

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Huyiscool For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

The funny thing is that no-one knows who controls the development of this game.

Announce Singe -> "too OP" -> Nerf ... -> Release .... -> "Singe is useless" ...
    Announce Nekro -> "too OP" -> Nerf .... Well guess the rest.

STS what I am asking, stick to you vision. This game is not only for the upper 1% of the players. Or is it?

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jiarijiba For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiarijiba View Post

Announce Singe -> "too OP" -> Nerf ... -> Release .... -> "Singe is useless" ...

STS what I am asking, stick to you vision. This game is not only for the upper 1% of the players. Or is it?
    Like the real world - one percenters own the market here and the decision making.

Nekro is being nerfed to appease the SnS owners and the threat that it may also kill off Samael too. You elitists want the best pets and now that the community has a chance at an arcane pet its like NERF IT, NERF IT!

Please don't make Nekro just a buffed singe. Leave it alone and then take anything under consideration POST RELEASE
    Last edited by Waheedski; 07-25-2014 at 02:33 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waheedski For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

I don't wanna say anything yet at this point, but do agree that nekro should NOT be nerfed after it is tested on action.
    It doesn't have passive heal like Samael. We need to see how it works.
    And buff on sns would be appreciated since it's an exclusive pet (to comfort the people ) . It's not even close to whims but to Singe.

And I have a strong feeling that this pet will be an another arcane ring kind....

Omg I missed 'not'-_-
    Last edited by Excuses; 07-25-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jiarijiba View Post

Dont nerf it pls, its like dejavu all over again lol its an awesome pet..
    (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
    ~D S E P H~
    Your Most Trusted Buyer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Here's an idea.....

This is a perfect opportunity to have a useful gold sink. Make the major crafting component something you buy from an NPC for 10m gold. Then make the crafting quest a really hard one, with multiple stages of crafting. Have the crafting take a few days for each stage, and then STS can earn money by allowing players to spend plat to speed up the crafting. And make sure to make the other crafting components hard to obtain.
    Sts please hire energizeric! I agree with him almost 100% of the time and he always has well thought out game change ideas. Seriously.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Alright, after collecting all of the feedback so far and having a discussion with the devs, the following changes will be made to Nekro and the Undead Whelp questline:

1) An arcane egg will no longer be required as a crafting component. This will be replaced with a different Arcane crafting component that is TBD.

2) Nekro's stats will be re-evaluated to bring him more in line with existing Arcane rarity pets. New stats will be announced at a later date.

And, on a related note, the development team will also take a second look at Singe's stats, and work to incorporate past feedback to bring him more in line with existing Arcane pets.

This thread is now open for feedback and suggestions. As a reminder, please keep your comments constructive. Thank you!
    I suggest making the recipe a gold purchase item at around 50m and using an arcane shard as a crafting ingredient this pet will remain super rare for some time. Will provide a gold sink, provide additional motivation to loot shards, and keep other current eggs viable. Reduce the dmg stat to 15%. This will keep the new pet incredibly strong in comparison to other pets, extremely disarable but not overwhelmingly so. The total cost of this pet would be around 130m unless your lucky enough to loot a shard. To those that would say i want the pet i looted a shard but cannot afford the recipe, you can still choose to craft a ring.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I think those with Shady and Surge AND who panic-bought (hoarded) Singe eggs yesterday are sort of twice banged in the head. First by Nekro's announcement, and then this. I really hope that next time STS will release a bomb like this, it will be more well-timed, not rushed. I haven't seen an outcry this bad.

Props for making a craftable Arcane pet. Props for making elites worth running. But everything else could have been handled much, much better.

People who cried during Nekro's announcement:
    1. Bought Shady and Surge for a fortune's worth.
    2. Ran Ursoth for three weeks and opened SnS egg.
    3. Have Singe in stable and feel sorry it didn't get buffed, and they need to buy yet ANOTHER (overpriced) ONE just to craft a pet
    4. Wanted to buy Singe because it was clearly more affordable than Samael, and then checked CS/forums to see they now sold for thrice the price.

People who (silently) cried after this announcement:
    1. Merchers who hoarded Singe eggs.
    2. Some who have savings left and wanted to prepare for Nekro's arrival, thus bought Singe for a huge sum

Truthfully, even though this a messed up turn of events, I can only feel really sorry for those who want to buy Singe as their first arcane pet. It is a very decent pet for its price before the market went crazy. It is mostly the upper crust of AL society who got hurt. Normal players can only say, "Oh ok, another pet that I will NEVER have". Who else is gonna pvp with all these crazy stats and pets around?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Classychic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Y u nerf nekro???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

No, not that limited LOL.

I keep bringing up the ichor quest from PL, but that is really what I'm looking for. It was a dungeon that took about 5-10 minutes for a party of 5 to complete. Your chances of getting an ichor to drop from the boss were around 1 in 5. You needed 500 ichors to complete the quest, and you had about 6 weeks to do it.

Also, there was a small chance that the boss on the map would drop very rare black dragon helms and armors, which today are the most valuable items in PL. So farming the black dragon items kept people running those maps over and over even if they were not going to do the quest. And most players did NOT do the quest as you needed to run the map so many times. I played for a couple of hours per day, and I managed to finish the quest just in time. The reward for completing the quest was an elite weapon, which at the time was the best weapon in the game. While a fair number of players got these elite weapons, it did not flood the market with them.

Making it time limited does not have to mean you don't sleep. It just means you cannot play or 15 minutes per day either and hope to complete the quest. It means you must really work for it.
    I don't like this time limit idea...
    because if someone starts playing AL after this time limit is done, they would never get a chance at the pet

its kind of like in PL, people who started late never had the chance at 2 piece or 3 piece rings, therefore ended up being killed often by ring users in PvP.

If there was no time limit, then everyone has an equal chance at this pet
    Last edited by Schnitzel; 07-25-2014 at 03:52 PM.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Schnitzel For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Make nekro cost 1000 story tokens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Just the crying and drama that have gone on in the last couple days have been more entertaining than the game itself. xD

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rogueulator For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rogueulator View Post
    Just the crying and drama that have gone on in the last couple days have been more entertaining than the game itself. xD
    Lol. Pretty much correct!

Sent from this iPhone which seems stuck to my hands...

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Classychic For This Useful Post: