Thread: Void vs. Sentinel vs. Sunblessed Sets: An Unbiased Analysis

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Great work, but I think you worked too hard.

Sentinel is almost better than Void, though in this case your data shows they are equal. However, bear in mind that the new sets doesn't have their set bonuses fixed yet, which I hope will soon be resolved. So unless the set bonus would be a stat deduction, I see sentinel (uncertain about the other sets) being better in the long run.

Nonetheless, good job!
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ProSophist View Post
    Great work, but I think you worked too hard.

Sentinel is almost better than Void, though in this case your data shows they are equal. However, bear in mind that the new sets doesn't have their set bonuses fixed yet, which I hope will soon be resolved. So unless the set bonus would be a stat deduction, I see sentinel (uncertain about the other sets) being better in the long run.

Nonetheless, good job!
    I try my best

I created this guide because I wanted to see for myself which set was better, without just looking at numbers. Cinco had stated in the chatbox that Sentinel was just purely for looks, but the 1/12/11 update claims "Shadow Bosses still drop the 'best gear in the game.'" These runs were also made to detect any significant difference between the two sets. If Sentinel does indeed get bonus stats, then it will be better than Void, hands down.

Accomplished 3 runs with Void, Sentinel, and added Sunblessed for the third run. I changed my movement and mobbing strategy in Close Encounters and got surprising results. I'll finish up more runs later.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can't wait to see your results with sunblessed added, maybe it will confirm what I have observed so far. Thanks for all your hard work!