Thread: Tips/Pointers on how to make good money!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Tips/Pointers on how to make good money!

Okay so some people make threads on how to make money but only put one idea down so instead i will be combining all of the ideas on one thread so people are not looking around for an idea they like. These ideas i hope should make the scamming rate decrease.
    *Index at the bottom of page!
    Farming/Liquidating- Okay first thing is farming i may not be fun but sometimes you stumble upon an expensive item sometimes an item that gives you enough gold for a months worth. Farming is simple basically you will go into a dungeon that you can solo fast and easy that you know for a fact has good drops like crush the keeper in ao3. Once you are done with every dungeon look at ur items you found look if the names are familiar or not and ALWAYS check cs prices.

Merchanting- Merchanting is sometimes hard and sometimes the best thing in your life.
    Merchanting is sometimes a gamble what you do is you gather up gold nothin like 1-50k i
    would prefer 100k to start and you look for cheap items like 10-200k lower than cs or
    lower and buy and resell for normal prices merchanting is not a fast process it can
    sometimes take 1-3 days so buy auction slots(yeah thats right im advertising those
    slots:P) the more slots you have the more you can sell and after doing this for 2-3 weeks
    or less you can make up to 4 mil or higher. I would prefer this only if you are patient and
    confident and have knowledge on drop rates and prices.

Trading- okay this is by far the easiest thing to do. THIS DOES NOT MEAN RIP PEOPLE
    OFF OR SCAM THEM! IF YOU DO ONE OF THOSE 2 THINGS YOU WILL BE BANNED! Okay
    so have you ever ran threw a town seen people selling an item and is desperate for cash?
    sometimes if they are nice and you are lucky you can offer them gold and item and resell
    their item for full price and make alot of money.

Index/Dictionary-
    First- Farming
    Second- Merchanting
    Third- Trading
    Terms/Meanings-
    Cs- Consigment store/auction house located in balefort(not sewers).
    Merchanting-Buy and resell objects for more money
    Farming- Constant killing for items.
    Liquidating- Selling items in your bag.
    Last edited by Magicfrost; 06-10-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Proud member of AEO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Eh, I think merchanting is the fastest way, with the low drop rates and all..., plus, I can make a million in 2 days xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ayc2000 View Post
    Eh, I think merchanting is the fastest way, with the low drop rates and all..., plus, I can make a million in 2 days xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Person Above View Post
    how?
    does dat work?
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

needs... formatting. to make it easier to read.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    needs... formatting. to make it easier to read.
    Agreed.

@Ayc. You need to be extremely lucky to earn 2m in 2 days.

Btw, 100k is VERY low to start on merchanting, runnig Ao3 Crush map earns you more money then. i recommend at least 1m to start.
    [FONT=garamond]I like Bears. Be jealous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Buying and selling is not very fun, and can become a full time job to do it well. After a year of merchandising, you can be the richest person in the game, but realize that with that amount of time you could have gotten a job and made real money.

Just figure out what you need to have fun playing your character. And don't get sucked into the full time merchandizing thing.

With typical grouping and hunting, people get what they need to play the game. Gold obsession is a waste of time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I agree you've got some got info there but would benefit from some formatting.

As people suggest additional info make sure you add it to your guide to keep it fresh and improving constantly.

My 2 cent/pence, making money doesn't have a quick fix solution. Farming requires you to be skillfully efficient to get the best return. Merchanting needs you to have a disable trading pot and a good working knowledge of prices ranges. Trading need you to have a great knowledge of prices. I'd full suggest reading all the great guides to improve your playing effectiveness, and become a expert a one group of items prices and expand that knowledge slowly.

I'd also move your index to the top so people can find what they're looking for easily.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

ill edit real quick and make it easier to read. and btw the guy who said merchanting can take a while. thats the point of making gold and im not talking about real life money or jobs im 14 i cant get a job and some people are younger than me so please if you think something i added is wrong tell me but dont bring this to rl.

Proud member of AEO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Also, one more thing. Ripping people off is not a bannable offense. Scamming people is, might want to change thar in your guide. Cheers!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

no lol if i do that people will be ripping everybody off. Lets just let them think they will be banned if they rip people off.

Proud member of AEO!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    Also, one more thing. Ripping people off is not a bannable offense. Scamming people is, might want to change thar in your guide. Cheers!
    hehehehahahehahmehehhamuaaaahhahabuahahamuuaaahhah ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
    You'll find me in-game on these two

>>>LVL 10 Ahelper<<<
    >LVL 65 Zeusofire<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeusofire View Post
    hehehehahahehahmehehhamuaaaahhahabuahahamuuaaahhah ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Trololol you're so evil zeus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've been patient and tried every money making method for the past 1.5 years of pl play. Nothing seems to work. If you have any intricate and detailed ideas for me or can help me, let me know. IGN Azihaanet.