Thread: <Trinity Knights> Official Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Hello Knights,
    This is very difficult to say but I guess delaying it won't make it any easier.

I'm closing down and freezing the guild as of today, July 4, 2017.

This means basically that the guild is no longer active: we are no longer recruiting, no longer promoting members, and there will be no more guild parties or guild contests.

Q: Hanna, the expansion is upon us! You can't do this on the eve of battle!

A: I'm doing this just days before expansion, in hopes that if you decide to leave TK to seek a more active guild, you will still have enough time to look around and get recruited and can have many more company to enjoy the new content.

Q: I have to leave guild? Are you going to kick me, Hanna?

A: You're welcome to stay. But we are not as active a guild as we used to be and that will only make the game less fun for you. If you're still going to actively play, I would suggest leaving and joining other guild with players who are also still logging in for long hours every day.

However, at some point (read: when my work gives me about 15 minutes break) I will log on to demote all recruiters and remove everyone under level 56.

Q: Is this a permanent thing? Are we shutting down for good?
    A: I don't know yet so I'm keeping our options open. We might decide to reactivate the guild at some point down the road, but don't count on it. Do whatever you have to do to keep the game fun for you, right here, right this moment.

Q: I'm on TK Line group. Do I have to leave?

A: You're welcome to stay if you don't mind the quiet, food spam, and me and Odeuke arguing about Justin Trudeau. But if you're going to play actively I would suggest registering at Arcane Legends Spacetime Studios forums to get all the updates and get to know people across the game to discuss things and answer your questions. You can also join other AL-related Line groups.

Q: WHY?
    A: I realize that along with me the majority of the officers have become less active in managing the guild, recruiting, doing guild runs, helping with questions and quests, etc. Many factors are involved, not the least the fact that we, like many of the older members, have played AL for 3-4 years and more, so those who used to play as a freewheeling students now have work responsibilities, etc.

We always, always say that real life comes before the game. I can't ask anyone who can't play AL much anymore to spend more time in game for the sake of the guild, as I haven't been able to do it myself recently, as you probably have noticed.

Even so this is no excuse to hold back guild mates who still want to play actively.

So I presented the officers with three options:
    1. to transfer leadership to two officers who I think have the proven loyalty, maturity and wisdom to keep the guild running;
    2. to shut down and freeze TK, and preserve it for the friends who have called it home and feel we're a family but cannot play much anymore. A retirement home, in a sense;
    3. to merge or disband.

Option 1, appointing co-GMs, wasn't considered a good solution given the inactivity of the other officers. We have always been careful about promoting officers and so the idea of passing leadership to any old knight is rejected as well. Firstly, because the new GM will have to work alone and picking officers from a largely inactive guild is hell (I've decided to demote all my current officers if it was agreed to transfer leadership, so the new GM can have a fresh start). Secondly, the old guards don't want TK to change radically under the new leadership, to become something we have never been for the sake of leaderboard, and then getting disbanded or griefed in disgrace and dragging our guild's name in the mud as a result.

Option 3 was half rejected, with votes going for disbanding rather than merging.

Option 2 got the most votes. The option with the least to do and, I sincerely hope, the least pain. So here we are.

Q: HOW. COULD. YOU
    A: I'm not going to lie and say this doesn't break my heart. The hardest part is thinking about those members who return to TK after long hibernation and how I've failed to give them the help and companionship TK used to be able provide.

I am profoundly sorry, Bang, Bry, Smadascott, Yrru, Toma.

I've also thought hard about the members who have been in TK for years and how they have always, always been supportive, uncomplaining and helpful. I'm thinking about knights like Demetrus and Coconutwoman, who, when I entered a map to answer a call for help, was usually already there, helping out without much fuss.

I'm thinking about so many memorable runs with Rage, Aby, and Breges. I remember Bluzz's dry wit, Orko's positivity and Cez's cheerfulness. You all deserve so much, but right now, I can't do more to help you have more fun in game. I am deeply, deeply sorry.

Aza, you have stayed with and saved TK through crisis after crisis. I am sorry I have to disappoint you this time.

This decision is hard. But I hope it will be the best for us all, the friends who are only casual, occasional players, and those who are still able to play a lot.

In closing, I want to thank you for doing your part to make TK what it is. Thank you for staying in the guild for years, for making the runs fun no matter how hard they had been, for making TK feel like home no matter how unglamorous we have always been, for being so generous and kind with each other.

I have only this one last thing to ask.

Even if you decide to leave TK and be a part of other guild, bring a piece of TK with you wherever you go in Arcane Legends. Thank your party, even the random ones, and try to help whenever you can.

Good luck, Knights.

-Ilhanna
    July 4, 2017

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post: