Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default <Trinity Knights> Official Thread

Messed up...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Default Good luck with Frozen Frontline winter event, knights!

The Frozen Frontline winter event is fully underway. Unfortunately real life commitments make it impossible for me to take part fully in these early days, but I am very happy to see so many of you active and working side by side destroying the armies of Syrillax. Very proud of you, knights!

Remember:

1. When you are on silver/gold tier, try party up pre-bronze/bronze tier guildies to help them get better chance at fighting higher tier bosses that give more points and drop more tokens;

2. Buy recipes first before vanities/pets, so you can make use of the essences you loot;

3. For level 41s, don't forget to take time to do the Planar Tomb daily and keep hunting for dragkin teeth.

Good luck on the frozen terrain, knights! See you in game.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

A week into the event and Trinity Knights representatives on leaderboard are still going strong. Please continue to support them by joining or inviting them to your party, fight well ad quickly so they (and you) can move to the next event map fast, and cheer them on gc and pm.

Thanks Kana, Frosty and Spinz. Best wishes and good luck with leaderboard!

Name:  IMG_20141214_045101.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  163.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20141214_045146.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  158.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20141214_045221.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  171.3 KB
    Last edited by ilhanna; 12-14-2014 at 05:47 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    A week into the event and Trinity Knights representatives on leaderboard are still going strong. Please continue to support them by joining or inviting them to your party, fight well ad quickly so they (and you) can move to the next event map fast, and cheer them on gc and pm.

Looking good! Hope it keeps looking as good, or better, at the end of event! Well done so far!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Any rouge interested in new mythic frost touched bow, pm me in game. Got 1 in a lock. Save u some on a nice dps weapon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jesstter View Post
    Any rouge interested in new mythic frost touched bow, pm me in game. Got 1 in a lock. Save u some on a nice dps weapon
    very intresting.... but without money it can be intresting more lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Go Go Go Kana, Irf and Spin!!! u can Good luck u!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Azapauele For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Gratz, Jess! Another awesome find!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-14-08-23-48.png
Views: 185
Size:  516.2 KB
    Life is all about choices.

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-16-00-21-26.png
Views: 182
Size:  131.0 KB
    Think carefully before you decide, or you might end up getting nowhere.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Gratz our new officer!!! Welcome to officers team Killer -_^

Name:  10408159_1510297659240800_3510445408715641224_n.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  116.3 KB

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Azapauele For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azapauele View Post
    Gratz our new officer!!! Welcome to officers team Killer -_^

Name:  10408159_1510297659240800_3510445408715641224_n.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  116.3 KB
    Well deserved. Gratz Killer!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to TW84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-19-15-32-44.png
Views: 164
Size:  576.6 KB

Found a weird phenomenon where instead of a set of three Syrillax guardians, we found six. The second set remained rooted and couldn't be aggroed. As you can see, we have beaten the boss, and an exit portal had opened. But the second set of guardians are still there.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 12-19-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Hey tk, just wanted to take a few min and expand a bit on horsemans build guide. Granted im still a bit new to al, but numbers and math are a hobby of mine, and I love figuring things out.
    Mainly this build is for tanking in a pt. The more I play, the more I realize how much I love looking after a pt. Gives me a sense of pride being the protector of all u squishy rogues and mages, lol.
    The first bit ill share is how to define a tanks role in pt. Tanks are there to control mobs, take hits, and heal your pt members. In my opinion, going for major dps as a tank is a mistake. We arent really there to kill, leave that to the rouges and sorcerers. We keep them grouped up, so the damage members can pick off at a distance, so to me high hp and armor is a must have. Cause if the tank dies, the pt is in jeopardy, especially in a rough mob. First ill give my skills, then explain why........

Horn of renew 5/5
    Vengeful blood 5/5
    Windmill 5/5
    Skyward smash 5/5

Passives: max to 5 on the following
    Durable, might, damage and knowledge

This differs from previous guide, and heres why.... your most valuable tool as a tank is your horn of renew. It not only taunts, it heals u and ur pt. Use this often. Vengeful blood is a short term stat boost, including mana regen, which ill explain in a sec, also is a taunt skill. Windmill is taunt and damage, prob second most valued skill, and sky smash allows u to line up enemies from a distance. Plus its fun to fly down on a baddies head, lol.
    As for passives, I know this is debatable. But, u def need durable. Armor is key to keeping yourself alive. Damage suppliments your hit power, so u can do some damage while holding aggro. Might is your main stat, and should b self explainatory. And finally knowledge, which is int, which helps with mana. I find that this helps keep u from having to spam mana pots. Which are expensive. U def dont wanna run out of mana in a clutch situation, hence why I spent the points here.
    The next point is gear. Currently mythic lvl 36 is best all around gear, good damage, hp and armor. Investing in a full set, then completing upgrade quest is totally worth it. However, with release of icescale, investing in a full icescale of assault set is a great idea. Best armor stats ive seen. And as stated above, armor=stay alive. Id reccomend getting this set now, while event is running, and market is flooded. Keeps prices down.
    So now u have 2 sets of gear, when do u switch? Easy, in a high dps party, u should go icescale. Armor is king, in a pt with dps a lil lower or in a tank heavy pt, swap for mythic. Or whatever set u had b4. Druid or necro. Your added damage will help bring down baddies faster.
    My last bit in this novel is about pets. U can tweak your stats situationally with diff pets. For example, frist has armor boost, which makes him a great pet to use with icescale set. Abaddon is even better. At lvl 41 with abaddon, my armor is over 2500. Frist just below in the 2400s. With your damage gear set, use pets that boost main stat, or damage. Yowie is a great option, and is free for reaching gold tier in event. Others include, dovabear, blinky, and even prance. Just see how stats look with each, and give them a go.
    ty, for reading the book here, I truly hope it helps all u warriors out there looking to tank elite maps in partys. As always feedback is welcome, even if u tell me im wrong. Haha. Happy hunting tk

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jesstter For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Oh wow, I totally forgot weapons, real quicly. I prefer weapons with shield, this should boost armor as well. Look for conq of pot, pavise of will, and save those pennies, bullwark is a awesome tank weapon. If u would like to have a dps weapon to go with your damage set, id reccomend planar club of assault, fortified glave, and of course arcane maul. These are great weapons, but not necessarily great in a pt, but still totally useable. Ty again tk.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jesstter For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Hey tk, just wanted to take a few min and expand a bit on horsemans build guide. Granted im still a bit new to al, but numbers and math are a hobby of mine, and I love figuring things out.
    Mainly this build is for tanking in a pt. The more I play, the more I realize how much I love looking after a pt. Gives me a sense of pride being the protector of all u squishy rogues and mages, lol.
    The first bit ill share is how to define a tanks role in pt. Tanks are there to control mobs, take hits, and heal your pt members. In my opinion, going for major dps as a tank is a mistake. We arent really there to kill, leave that to the rouges and sorcerers. We keep them grouped up, so the damage members can pick off at a distance, so to me high hp and armor is a must have. Cause if the tank dies, the pt is in jeopardy, especially in a rough mob. First ill give my skills, then explain why........

Horn of renew 5/5
    Vengeful blood 5/5
    Windmill 5/5
    Skyward smash 5/5

This differs from previous guide, and heres why.... your most valuable tool as a tank is your horn of renew. It not only taunts, it heals u and ur pt. Use this often. Vengeful blood is a short term stat boost, including mana regen, which ill explain in a sec, also is a taunt skill. Windmill is taunt and damage, prob second most valued skill, and sky smash allows u to line up enemies from a distance. Plus its fun to fly down on a baddies head, lol.
    As for passives, I know this is debatable. But, u def need durable. Armor is key to keeping yourself alive. Damage suppliments your hit power, so u can do some damage while holding aggro. Might is your main stat, and should b self explainatory. And finally knowledge, which is int, which helps with mana. I find that this helps keep u from having to spam mana pots. Which are expensive. U def dont wanna run out of mana in a clutch situation, hence why I spent the points here.
    The next point is gear. Currently mythic lvl 36 is best all around gear, good damage, hp and armor. Investing in a full set, then completing upgrade quest is totally worth it. However, with release of icescale, investing in a full icescale of assault set is a great idea. Best armor stats ive seen. And as stated above, armor=stay alive. Id reccomend getting this set now, while event is running, and market is flooded. Keeps prices down.
    So now u have 2 sets of gear, when do u switch? Easy, in a high dps party, u should go icescale. Armor is king, in a pt with dps a lil lower or in a tank heavy pt, swap for mythic. Or whatever set u had b4. Druid or necro. Your added damage will help bring down baddies faster.
    My last bit in this novel is about pets. U can tweak your stats situationally with diff pets. For example, frist has armor boost, which makes him a great pet to use with icescale set. Abaddon is even better. At lvl 41 with abaddon, my armor is over 2500. Frist just below in the 2400s. With your damage gear set, use pets that boost main stat, or damage. Yowie is a great option, and is free for reaching gold tier in event. Others include, dovabear, blinky, and even prance. Just see how stats look with each, and give them a go.
    ty, for reading the book here, I truly hope it helps all u warriors out there looking to tank elite maps in partys. As always feedback is welcome, even if u tell me im wrong. Haha. Happy hunting tk
    Thank you for taking time to provide us with this information. ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Thanks Jess for useful info, good job

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

A quick ammendment to above build, and ty hanna for bringing it to my attention. If u plan to use a pet with damage as a boost, then using points on damage passive skill becomes a waste. Damage pets dont stack with passive skill, so points are better used on dex passive.
    Ty again hanna, learned something today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Yay, thank you, Jess for startjng the first build discussion on TK thread! Hope mages and rogues will step up soon and share their opinions as well so we can have more discussions on this interesting topic.

I agree with the general thrust of your post, Jess. However there are a few things I'd like to point out. My comments below in bold:

The more I play, the more I realize how much I love looking after a pt. Gives me a sense of pride being the protector of all u squishy rogues and mages, lol.

Ikr. My chief pride as warrior is keeping my pt mates alive in tricky situations. When the rogues in pt said "Good save" while we fight elite Alargan I was in cloud nine.

The first bit ill share is how to define a tanks role in pt. Tanks are there to control mobs, take hits, and heal your pt members.

I agree with the last two points. But mob control IMO is more a sorcerer's role. Their skills allow them to stun and freeze mobs as well as dealing AoE damage that speeds up mob kill. A warrior's role is to keep the mobs from turning to attack the mage and rogue in pt, and this is done by taunting to keep enemy grouped around the warrior. One of the surest taunting skills is HoR. That's why as a warrior I share your opinion in that I don't see heal chiefly as a support skill, but a tactical one as well. Timed well, it not only heals, but keeps enemy attention focused on warrior. I'll expand on that later.

First ill give my skills, then explain why........

Horn of renew 5/5
    Vengeful blood 5/5
    Windmill 5/5
    Skyward smash 5/5

your most valuable tool as a tank is your horn of renew. It not only taunts, it heals u and ur pt. Use this often.

In some situations it's better not to spam HoR and save it for tricky moments. When you see mobs/boss starting to chase after squishies, after a mage clock expires and mobs start to run free again, and in cases like when your pt mate is pulled by Syrillax and the shield is crucial for their survival. You don't want to end up having HoR on cooldown when you need it.

Vengeful blood is a short term stat boost, including mana regen, which ill explain in a sec, also is a taunt skill.

VB doesn't taunt tho.

sky smash allows u to line up enemies from a distance. Plus its fun to fly down on a baddies head, lol.

Don't forget that skysmash can stun mobs. Stun is always nice.

Damage suppliments your hit power, so u can do some damage while holding aggro.

We've already talked about this in game. Some of the new pets that are good for warriors like Blinky, Yowie, Dovabear, as well as some old standbys like Abaddon have higher dmg% boost than that provided by Damage passive and hence will override the passive.
    I agree with basically everything you mentioned about gear and pet. But I'd like to explain here why I used the six skills build recommended by Warhorseman (and btw the build he recommended is the basic one for elite tanking. Experience and more knowledge about what each skill contributes in combat may lead you to reconsider and experiment. I know for a fact War experiments with skills all the time. Bottom line is you need to understand what the skills and passives are for and use them judiciously, always keeping in mind your role as protector of squishies lol.)

Your build was the one I used until level 36, though I only put 4/5 on SS and WM. I used that build to tank elite maps all the way to Nordr and Shuyal 1. Expansion came just as I was trying to get the rest of elite Shuyal and I couldn't continue because the elite was closed for a few weeks for adjustment.

After a lot of discussion and experimentation and free respec weekend at lvl 41 I decided to adopt the build War recommended. The six skills (SS, WM, Chest Splitter, VB, Juggernaut and HoR) make for greater flexibility and adaptability in different situations. By taking CS and Jugg I also added two more taunt skills to my arsenal, making it easier to keep mob/boss attention focused on me. Jugg also has an upgrade that makes me immune to movement impairment and I find this great especially in Tindirin where they have the green giant that stuns.

So now these are skill sets I use:
    Solo normal map (including WT): VB SS WM Jugg/HoR
    Tanking normal map mobs in pt(including event): VB SS WM HoR
    Tanking elite map mobs in pt: Jugg SS WM HoR
    Tanking bosses in pt: Jugg CS (uncharged and timed well it can make boss Feeble and unable to crit) WM HoR (as you can see, all of these are taunt skills).
    Last edited by ilhanna; 12-22-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-23-03-10-46.png
Views: 161
Size:  524.3 KB

And then you wonder how this rogue had died. His (or her?) body reduced to mere skeletons (although somehow the bow remained intact). You wondered how s/he got onto that vantage point, was spotted, and blasted to death.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    132 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_2014-12-23-03-10-46.png
Views: 161
Size:  524.3 KB

And then you wonder how this rogue had died. His (or her?) body reduced to mere skeletons (although somehow the bow remained intact). You wondered how s/he got onto that vantage point, was spotted, and blasted to death.
    Thats for sure a her becuase there is another skelton with spear and shiled.and there is a boat full with bones what i belive is..there was an army went to fight the dragons but they got burnd by tarloks fire and they left and throw all over the place wich explains that spot.
    an alxe