Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Booting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightbulb Booting.

When a host leaves the game I believe there should be a way to "vote" boot someone.

Maybe by commanding:

/boot (name)

Even if you're not the host.

It should require a minimum of 3-4 players voting someone out.

I was in the Shadow Cave and some annoying level 21 came in and not doing anything just following us and calling us noobs and no one can boot him. We didn't wanna leave as it's hard to get into the caves now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Please! Pleasepleaseplease. In the 5th level of the caves, group owner leaves and we wind-up with a level 4. He's wearing the armor you get when you first start and doesn't even have a weapon. He refuses to leave and there was no way to boot him (thanks loads, Magicdooms, you little leech). We wound up leaving after a while rather than getting him XP he didn't earn. As Ballers said, it's hard to get in there and you spend a lot in health pots to make it thru that far. To be forced to choose between gaining XP for a leech or leaving isn't a fair choice.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i had a lvl 2 bear that wouldnt leave until he leeched his way to lvl 5. i took off all my items and started slapping him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ECHUSER View Post
    i had a lvl 2 bear that wouldnt leave until he leeched his way to lvl 5. i took off all my items and started slapping him.
    Lol
    Another reason we need Shadow Boxing Gloves of HATE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Vote idea would REALLY make our lifes easier!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

We did our best to drag some "friends" his way, but he was smart enough to stay back. We need an instant teleport to PvP. Wouldn't really do anything, but it would be oh, so satisfying.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    We did our best to drag some "friends" his way, but he was smart enough to stay back. We need an instant teleport to PvP. Wouldn't really do anything, but it would be oh, so satisfying.
    "Hey lvl 2, get out" "Make me" *teleports to pvp* "Okay"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    oh that would be great!
    Announcing the PL Fan-Site ! Click my sig to join!http://becomeelite.forumotion.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Devs , is there a way to contact you ? Phone number because I want my mom to explain !
    "All this Has happened before...and Shall happen again...So say We All"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

the /boot [name] would really work for voting. when someone types it in, all players but the one getting booted get message and have 10 seconds to cast boot vote.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    the /boot [name] would really work for voting. when someone types it in, all players but the one getting booted get message and have 10 seconds to cast boot vote.
    I like. But there will always be one player in the party who doesn't care about the low lvl or is too lazy to vote.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I like. But there will always be one player in the party who doesn't care about the low lvl or is too lazy to vote.
    majority then
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Been suggested, and I strongly agree. I think the boater should be able to choose someone in the party and give them the ability to boot. Also, the devs liked the idea for the game makes to have an icon next to their name, like a crown or something. They said that was set for the list, but I haven't heard anything of it in a LONG time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

GREAT!! +1 here
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8743/cerealsigpicfinal.png
    Signature Credits: Rebel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default I agree but....

I agree and that's cool for all the other levels but how but for secret portal be only available for lvl 50's. I hate when I go to victory lap and people start coming and a lower lvl comes so everyone starts leaving. Yes I know the game creator has option to boot but what if its a friend who is a 47, 48, or 49. The creator may not feel good about booting a friend as I had this problem earlier. If they are unable to go to then you won't feel bad they can't play with you. I know in all reality there's not a big difference between lvl 47 and 50 and let's face it some lower lvl guys are better than some 50's but the fact is a lot of people want all 50's to go into caves with. Maybe I'm only one who feels bad about booting people even people who aren't friends. Everyone wants to play and enjoy the new cool secret portal. Heck I was 95% and almost a 50 and people kept booting me then a couple kills later I was finally accepted because I was a 50. I know it sounds funny cuz on one hand I'm saying only 50's should be allowed and on the other I'm saying how mad I was I couldn't play when I was a 49. I made this way longer than I intended and I'm sorry but my point is I hate booting and feeling like I have to. I'm sure someone will say don't create a room then but u can't always join a lot of times they're full. So maybe a solution though I'm not sure its possible could be on 50 can play with 50 on victory lap and maybe 45-49 can only play together? Stupid and long I know but just a thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Agularra View Post
    I agree and that's cool for all the other levels but how but for secret portal be only available for lvl 50's. I hate when I go to victory lap and people start coming and a lower lvl comes so everyone starts leaving. Yes I know the game creator has option to boot but what if its a friend who is a 47, 48, or 49. The creator may not feel good about booting a friend as I had this problem earlier. If they are unable to go to then you won't feel bad they can't play with you. I know in all reality there's not a big difference between lvl 47 and 50 and let's face it some lower lvl guys are better than some 50's but the fact is a lot of people want all 50's to go into caves with. Maybe I'm only one who feels bad about booting people even people who aren't friends. Everyone wants to play and enjoy the new cool secret portal. Heck I was 95% and almost a 50 and people kept booting me then a couple kills later I was finally accepted because I was a 50. I know it sounds funny cuz on one hand I'm saying only 50's should be allowed and on the other I'm saying how mad I was I couldn't play when I was a 49. I made this way longer than I intended and I'm sorry but my point is I hate booting and feeling like I have to. I'm sure someone will say don't create a room then but u can't always join a lot of times they're full. So maybe a solution though I'm not sure its possible could be on 50 can play with 50 on victory lap and maybe 45-49 can only play together? Stupid and long I know but just a thought.
    They do it because the armor difference with the new gears between lvl 50 and below is HUGE! They do it because most WILL die, and nobody want's a weak link their party, in which the same thing happens in real life, known as natural selection. Survival of the Fittest or get booted. I'm sorry to be harsh, but that's how it works, which is why I choose carefully when I accept my friends list as each and every person on my friends list I would never boot, unless they are being extremely obnoxious to surrounding players.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

What range said... there is a HUGE difference between 49 and 50... dont believe me grab your best gear and go pvp with me or any other 50 and see what happens. I took ran into the cave problem with a stupid nub showing up. Now Im a 50 dex bird in full shadow gear with the talon and wing with tanker pot going.... and i still can die if i dont spam pots. I got so mad that everyone on our team reported him. He just kept asking for money. Now thats no way to play is it? Blah I would die happy if we could all cast a vote to boot people. Im not only talking about low lvl people but even 50's that stay 'busy' through the whole dungeon and when boss finaly comes all the suden come out of their coma. A mirracle!?!?!?! No. Give the people the power!
    I stand for one thing so I dont fall for everything.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

LOL. I did this. Dragged Shadow D'Jinns over to the lowbie. Was even thinking of dying to D'Jinns but lowbie left Made sure this happened FAR from boss spawn.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, we should be able to kick low level newbies.

This is usually what happens... We get through 1/2 of a dungeon set, the host leaves, then a low level newbie joins and refuses to leave. Then all of us have to create a new dungeon because the elite dungeon is not easy enough for 4 high level players, we need 5.

Check Out My Guild's Website: http://club-estraz.blogspot.com/
    *Private message me if you want to join the most rewarding and organized guild ever!
    MEMBERS: 90, ACTIVE MEMBERS: 87, MEMBERS WITH WARNINGS: 1

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lesrider View Post
    lol
    another reason we need shadow boxing gloves of hate!
    omg genius!!
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

[Lt] Shiny

Quote Originally Posted by ECHUSER View Post
    lol, owned!

@ballersburden: Ingenious idea! +∞ (if I could) Very smart idea. Hope the Devs will read and approve of this, 'cause I'm (and pretty sure every other L50 is) sick and tired of Gay Newbies joining AO1 up to the Shadow's Portal levels.