Thread: [Review]: Elondrian Gnarled Rifle of Brutality

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Although I only tested it for an hour or so, the gun is great for PvE too.

I actually sold my Arcane lollipop because I liked the gun that much more. Skill damage is a nice amount higher for the gun and the shield proc kind of makes up for the loss in HP. Armor reduction is great, especially for boss fights, and auto-aim + range are a blessing compared to the staff.

I might be biased though, cause I generally always preferred a gun over a staff.

All in all, I think it's a great weapon and probably my personal favorite, in terms of 'fun to use', so far!

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Although I only tested it for an hour or so, the gun is great for PvE too.

I actually sold my Arcane lollipop because I liked the gun that much more. Skill damage is a nice amount higher for the gun and the shield proc kind of makes up for the loss in HP. Armor reduction is great, especially for boss fights, and auto-aim + range are a blessing compared to the staff.

I might be biased though, cause I generally always preferred a gun over a staff.

All in all, I think it's a great weapon and probably my personal favorite, in terms of 'fun to use', so far!
    ^ He covered it

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Alhun is the mythic gun better than the arcane staff?
    Depends on your preferences and perspective. After using both, I prefer the gun. That being said, the staff is still amazing because of its bling - everyone notices you, know what I'm saying? You get that circle round you and Tinkerbell flying about. What's not to love! xD

If I can get my hands on a (hopefully non-perfected) arcane staff, I'll do a comparison between the two in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorecaster View Post
    Only thing I prefrer about a staff is the hitting of multiple targets w auto in pve. It's pewpew w gun which just isnt the same as charging 4 or 5 baddies at the same time with a staff. The new gun is however an amazing weapon w great procs that I've yet to try in pvp. Thx for the post Al. After our contest imma spec heal back and lolpvp again here and there. Make some new frenemies heh
    Yeah - multiple targets means the staff is great in clashes as well as PvE (lolpve). Gun I like because you can maintain your distance while dealing more damage than the staff - and also staying alive, because every attack of the gun procs a shield!

P.S: Lolpvp with me and kei!