View Poll Results: The "Shadow Cave" teleporter in Victory Lap should...

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Appear MORE frequently (but not be *guaranteed* to show up).

33 38.37%
  • Appear LESS frequently than it does right now.

4 4.65%
  • ALWAYS appear when you finish Victory Lap. (Which will definitely mean a nerf to the boss drop rates or boss spawn frequency.)

33 38.37%
  • Stay as it is! (Your so-called "fixes" RUIN the game!!)

16 18.60%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: "Elite Shadow Cave" teleporter spawn frequency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    if the teleporter apper more or less frequently it doestn make any difference to the rarity of the elite gear...
    i have still that problems :
    - drop rate to low
    - no trash drops exept from shadows
    - to less gold drops from mobs
    In the last patch they gave more gold from drops and the teleporter spawns more frequent. I don't know if the gold dropped is enough I haven't run the caves since the patch due to time.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    In the last patch they gave more gold from drops and the teleporter spawns more frequent. I don't know if the gold dropped is enough I haven't run the caves since the patch due to time.
    lol i know and still to low to buy pots for...
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If I had my way I would:

1. Make the teleporter appear guaranteed at the end of a full clear of victory lap.

2. Give the trash in Shadow Caves greens, oranges, whites, trash drops. IMO, Victory Lap is the best farming in the game. Steady income from trash drops, pretty darn easy overall resulting in very little pot and elixir usage, and a decent chance at a high ticket item to drop and fatten your bank more. That aside, Shadow Caves has none of that with about a tenfold cost in pots / elixirs added to it. I don't understand that if your scheme of loot drops from the rest of the game worked so well, how Shadow Caves comes out with barely anything? Perhaps it's a design issue and you added the gear as time went along in the past. I'm newer to Pocket Legends, so this is my first dungeon/level add-on I've experienced.

3. Make the gear drops in Shadow Caves drop with the same frequency as those in Victory Lap. Lets be honest, Victory Lap has a good balance of effort for gear drop percentage. Now these new pinks are elite and should drop rarer? Yeah, I get that but lets take into account in Victory Lap you could 'rush' the bosses, that were all neatly stacked next to each other portal after portal. In Shadow Caves you cannot, you have to deal with the hours of trash and cave clearing. So by sheer design you are forced to way fewer boss encounters in Shadow Caves than Victory Lap thus inherently making your ability to get the new gear rarer without having to nerf the drop rate. I think in the MMO world it's always better to start by giving too little than to give to much. So I would make the drop rate the same as VL, do a lot of testing and see if the drop rate needs to even be increased a little bit more.

4. Give the new 'elite' gear a set bonus. Damage, Armor, hit. For difficulty and time invested, the new 'elite' gear should absolutely hands down be the best gear available. No debate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Clear VL , higher frequency portal spawn. Not 100%, 70% spawn rate is fine.
    Increase boss challenge. Multiple bosses, require strategy and different class co-op. Like it.
    Forget boss spawn frequency, no boss = no challenge.
    Increase elite drop rate, minimum one boss to one player in group. More players in group increases drop rate. Single player no drop. Encourage group play.
    Rewards make it worthwhile, even tho not all player gets a elite drop, I still feel that at least someone gets something.
    Stop pandering to greedy players selling their loots for 100,000 gold. That's gouging, you don't want to encourage or enable that kind of behavior.
    Set level 50 minimum. I am starting to see hostile behaviors from players asking lower levels to get out.
    Keep join through friends list. remove from Join/Host list.
    Higher gold drop in mobs. Elixirs/pot chugs needed for bosses. So higher gold help balances out.

Have fun playing together.

Love the game, good job devs.
    Last edited by Ava; 01-15-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The witch is insane. Please reduce her damage points. We got 2 witches in one level. Players just gave up trying.