View Poll Results: The "Shadow Cave" teleporter in Victory Lap should...

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • Appear MORE frequently (but not be *guaranteed* to show up).

33 38.37%
  • Appear LESS frequently than it does right now.

4 4.65%
  • ALWAYS appear when you finish Victory Lap. (Which will definitely mean a nerf to the boss drop rates or boss spawn frequency.)

33 38.37%
  • Stay as it is! (Your so-called "fixes" RUIN the game!!)

16 18.60%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: "Elite Shadow Cave" teleporter spawn frequency

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,191 Posts

Default "Elite Shadow Cave" teleporter spawn frequency

We can make it easier to get in there (which could lower the prices you expect to get from selling the new items on CS).
    We can make it harder (which could make it less worth-while for less hard-core players... but keep those items super rare and valuable).
    We can make it guaranteed (which will lead to me having to nerf the boss drop rates or their spawn rates within the Shadow caves).

We can also keep it the same.

I'd like to know what you think

- Cinco
    Last edited by Cinco; 01-13-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Lol sorry I just found that too funny to even choose.

Edit: My choice would be to make it a guaranteed spawn, but take the caves off the "join game" list so people can't "mooch" in Pharcyde's words

Also, please consider allowing some sort of save/checkpoint system to allow people to play through the caves in more than one sitting.
    Last edited by Lesrider; 01-13-2011 at 03:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think the current balance provides a happy medium between difficulty and availability. I'm sure I'm in the minority though.

I may or may not be in a guild called The Rusher, where I may or may not enjoy myself.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Cinco, personally I think that we should have the best of both worlds. Semi-hard (Still Elite) gears like it is now. Then have a rare portal spawn in the last level of Elite dungeon that takes you to a epicly hard/large cave with a respawning boss with Vyxnaar type of loot. I would spend hours in a dungeon like that. Right now I perfer to play Ao3 Vs. Elite because Elite is kinda boring. Yeah its hard but its just more potion and hp trolling.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Make it easier to get there
    Thats wat i think u should do
    Kenaxx- lv50//Teddymage-lv35// Websters-lv30// Tedyybear-lv25
    This is the color RED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dam pressed the wrong vote -_- anyway more frequent but not guaranteed seems fair.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    Dam pressed the wrong vote -_- anyway more frequent but not guaranteed seems fair.
    Me too

please dont nerf the caves anymore they have been nerfed enough already
    i dont want to spend all that time and gold without at least getting 1 good pink
    i have already stopped going to the caves since the first nerf. i want a reason to go back into the caves. there should be a reward other than rsi (repetitive strain).
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I finally got into the new caves last night and the multiple boss encounters are awesome! At some point we ran into the witch, the shadow prince and another boss all in the same room. We got wiped twice with 3 palas and 2 birds, almost all double potted. Finally someone brought in a bear who could separate the witch from the others better, and we defeated them then. I'm gonna start playing my bear again - they are far from useless now. Love the challenge!! Thank you!!!

As for the loot nerf, I agree with Kraz - the current nerf is quite drastic already. I haven't heard from anyone yet who has ever seen a rare drop (other than AO3 junk pinks). People are saying things like "playing the caves, just for fun" (meaning no loot) and "nothing to farm here". I'm going to be playing the caves for fun even with the all white loot, but it would be nice to have some reward to show after defeating possibly the most difficult dungeons we have ever seen in the game.

I think a drop rate similar to AO3 Victory Lap would not be unreasonable. I don't think it would make the market crash. VL has been farmed and overfarmed for months, can be rush farmed and is about 100 times easier than the caves - and still the loot that's in demand was going for 200-300k before the new stuff came out. We have a lot of players getting to the level cap just now, and the demand for level 50 stuff is there.

Seeing something like maybe 1 or 2 rares per five level cave run would be enough to keep morale up, and would give casuals an incentive to farm for the gear they're missing, and hardcore farmers an incentive to keep farming the caves rather than just make money merching the loot they accumulated during the past week.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You should add the if always appear I will have to nerf rates on the vote description.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Also please think about raising gold drop and item drop rates for junk mobs. I feel like I am paying rent in the dungeon because of how fast gold disappears from potions and elixirs.

Maybe lower junk mobs armor a tiny bit too. They are hard which is fine, don't lower attack. But it gets kinda boring spending so much time on junk mobs.

Edit: Perhaps Shadow D'Jinn's could drop slightly better items considering they are a step up from Lorekeepers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    We can make it guaranteed (which could lead to me having to nerf the boss drop rates or their spawn rates within the Shadow caves).
    This gets my vote, but if you're going to nerf anything please nerf the drop rates not the boss spawn rates.
    Kalielle - level 56 mage | Kaley - level 55 roundup bear | Clusterstorm - level 55 rush paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    Clusterstorm? Pshh, he merely leads the fastest games ever.
    Pocket Legends Video Tutorial

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kalielle View Post
    This gets my vote, but if you're going to nerf anything please nerf the drop rates not the boss spawn rates.
    On todays update they changed that. You should read todays update.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Also please think about raising gold drop and item drop rates for junk mobs. I feel like I am paying rent in the dungeon because of how fast gold disappears from potions and elixirs.

Maybe lower junk mobs armor a tiny bit too. They are hard which is fine, don't lower attack. But it gets kinda boring spending so much time on junk mobs.

Edit: Perhaps Shadow D'Jinn's could drop slightly better items considering they are a step up from Lorekeepers.
    I like that idea. +1
    Last edited by Echelong; 01-13-2011 at 03:25 PM.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I kind of like it the way it is now because of the prices on the new items. Also, it allows those "hardcore" players to farm Victory Lap without even knowing it while they are waiting for the Caves to appear.

However, I think it best that you cannot just "join" in any caves whenever you choose to. People work hard to get to a the 3-5 caves. So someone joining it is like an insult to all the hard work. I don't know that's just me :/

I like how you (Devs) allowed for 100% drop rates the day of the update. =-)

But now, my only complaint is that Caves 4 & 5 are kinda sketchy (sorry). There are so many hard Boss's that it takes multiple Pots to even beat them. And those aren't really that cheap. And without a good chance of getting something that isn't "green" or "white", it just feels like a waste of money by the end of it. =-(

p.s. Asommers, stop scaring me! hehe (I know I'm your favorite Pally *wink)

Lvl 50 Faryia (Dual Str & Int)

p.s.s. I have 3 Sets of all Cave pinks if anyone wants to buy =-) Thanks!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Clear VL , higher frequency portal spawn. Not 100%, 70% spawn rate is fine.
    Increase boss challenge. Multiple bosses, require strategy and different class co-op. Like it.
    Forget boss spawn frequency, no boss = no challenge.
    Increase elite drop rate, minimum one boss to one player in group. More players in group increases drop rate. Single player no drop. Encourage group play.
    Rewards make it worthwhile, even tho not all player gets a elite drop, I still feel that at least someone gets something.
    Stop pandering to greedy players selling their loots for 100,000 gold. That's gouging, you don't want to encourage or enable that kind of behavior.
    Set level 50 minimum. I am starting to see hostile behaviors from players asking lower levels to get out.
    Keep join through friends list. remove from Join/Host list.
    Higher gold drop in mobs. Elixirs/pot chugs needed for bosses. So higher gold help balances out.

Have fun playing together.

Love the game, good job devs.
    Last edited by Ava; 01-15-2011 at 04:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The witch is insane. Please reduce her damage points. We got 2 witches in one level. Players just gave up trying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I want to vote for all new item drops from shadow caves so we can start over without people already having the drops without having to farm their butts off because they got them before the update...But that choice is not up there....Hope you consider doing this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade View Post
    I want to vote for all new item drops from shadow caves so we can start over without people already having the drops without having to farm their butts off because they got them before the update...But that choice is not up there....Hope you consider doing this
    Keep in mind that having some people with the sets makes clearing the caves now faster.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    Keep in mind that having some people with the sets makes clearing the caves now faster.
    Also prices won't be ridiculously high for items. No need for some guy dropping 5m in the first week to get the sets for insane prices. If rates were now as they were in the beginning, single items would cost easily 1m+. Armor would be like 1.8m :P. Thats more money then even some hardcores have :P.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Also prices won't be ridiculously high for items. No need for some guy dropping 5m in the first week to get the sets for insane prices. If rates were now as they were in the beginning, single items would cost easily 1m+. Armor would be like 1.8m :P. Thats more money then even some hardcores have :P.
    If I had a spare set I would wait maybe a week after the set bonus to sell them. When people see the set bonus they will know how much they are worth. But I do get your point, this was an opportunity for a lot of people to farm them easy and store them to sell later.
    Sig by KLEMEN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

First of all, thanks for allowing us to vote on this, I appreciate you actively seeking the players input. Would you leave this poll up for a few days so we can play a bit before deciding on our vote. Don't think I've played enough with the latest update to cast a informed vote.

Thanks again,

Kraz

Edit: Make drops 100% again and guaranteed portal, then refriedchicken will go broke with all the shadow gear he bought up trying to maximize his profit.
    Last edited by krazii; 01-13-2011 at 04:06 PM.