Thread: App crashes on load on iPad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exclamation App crashes on load on iPad

My app won't load to even the Spacetime Studios logo anymore. It will just return me back to the Home screen. Double-clicking the Home button shows that the app is open, but every time I try to access it, it just dumps me back to Home. The app and iOS are both up to date. I've restarted the iPad multiple times and deleted/reinstalled the app multiple times. Any ideas on how I can fix this issue?

iPad gen 3
    iOS 7.1.2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    150 Posts

same here I hope the devs find the problem to this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I have encountered this problem twice while purchasing plat during a ping spike. There is an immediate crash to the ipad home screen and when the app is selected there is only a black screen. Uninstalling and re-installing the app only repeats the problem.

The fix is to perform a complete factory setting restore and re-download the app. If you try to restore anything from your cloud save, the problem will repeat itself.

Sooo, the only fix is to re-install the app on a fresh ipad with no cloud saves. Hope you had nothing important saved on your ipad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spasmatic View Post
    I have encountered this problem twice while purchasing plat during a ping spike. There is an immediate crash to the ipad home screen and when the app is selected there is only a black screen. Uninstalling and re-installing the app only repeats the problem.

The fix is to perform a complete factory setting restore and re-download the app. If you try to restore anything from your cloud save, the problem will repeat itself.

Sooo, the only fix is to re-install the app on a fresh ipad with no cloud saves. Hope you had nothing important saved on your ipad.
    Not to necro but this just happened to me. I'm so upset!!!! Anyone else have an idea how to fix without me having to factory reset my device?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

You could try the following steps found on a tech website:

The first thing to do is to open the App Store and find the app. Check to see if there are any acknowledgements by the developers or complaints from users about a bug. If so, you will need to wait for the developer to release an updated version of the app. However, if there are no listed software bugs, then, try these things to fix the crashing app on your iDevice running iOS

Close the app from the Multitasking Tray

The first thing I always do when an app is crashing on me is to close out of the app in the multitasking tray. This process quits the app in a way that releases it from the processing memory of the device so that when you open it up the next time it starts fresh.

All you need to do to close the app from the multitasking tray is to double tap the home button to reveal multitasking mode. You will see the app icon underneath an app preview window. To close the app, all you need to do is swipe up on the preview window. The app will disappear from the multitasking tray and the app beside it will slide over into it’s place. Now the app has been closed and will open fresh the next time it is launched.

However, if the app still crashes...

If your app continues to crash even after you have completed step 1, then you should close all of your apps and restart the device. Do all the steps in Step 1 but when you get to the step where you close the app swiping it up and off the screen, do this for all the apps. Often times you may have 5, 10, 20, or more apps that are in the Multitasking Tray. To speed up this process, you can swipe up on 3 apps at a time to close all 3 apps at once.

Once you have quit all of the apps, do a hard reset on your iDevice. To do this, simply hold down the Home Button and the On/Off Button (on the top of the device) for about 15 seconds. Wait for the screen to go black and once the Apple Logo appears, then release the Home Button and the On/Off Button. Let your iOS device start up and try to open the crashing app again. I recommend closing all apps and performing a hard reset every couple of weeks on your device to help maintain the health and speed of the device.

If the app still crashes.....

Delete the App and Reinstall it.....

The last step in this process is to delete the app and reinstall it. Tap and hold on the app you want to delete. The app will begin to wiggle and then you can tap on the black “X” in the upper left corner of the app. Once you have deleted the app, find it in the App Store and reinstall it. If the app was a paid app, you will be able to download and install the app again for free.

May not be relevant but.....

One additional key component to this step is to make sure that you delete the data that the app may store in iCloud as well. Not all apps use iCloud for storage but many do. If an app does use iCloud storage, you will need to delete this in addition to deleting the app itself.

For example, I recently had an app that I installed that began to crash every time I opened it. I followed all of the above steps including deleting and reinstalling the app. It still crashed. Then, I realized that the app was syncing data to my other devices via iCloud. I had to delete the app, then delete the app’s data in iCloud, and then reinstall it. This time the app launched without a problem.

To delete an app’s iCloud data, open up the Settings App and navigate to iCloud –> Storage and Backup –> Manage Storage. If you don’t see the app listed in the top 5 apps, tap on Show All. Find the App Data and tap on it. Tap Edit in the upper right corner and scroll down to the bottom and tap on Delete or Delete All. Close the Settings app and open the App Store to reinstall the app. Then, see if it fixed the crash problem for the app in iOS.

On last resort!

Back up any important stuff you have on your device. Then factory reset!
    Last edited by Xorrior; 12-25-2014 at 08:05 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Thanks I did all of those things and it didn't work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Thanks I did all of those things and it didn't work.
    You can factory reset but that doesn't guarantee it will work. This problem is greatly inherent in IPad Air.

Just last ditch attempt, do you have enough memory ? Perhaps something hogging ram? Did you download something before it stopped working ? Did you update something ? Delete something that you downloaded before problem occurred.

Finally.... Try deleting AL and then use a good cache memory and junk cleaner, reboot, download and try playing AL.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 12-12-2014 at 09:44 AM.
    XORRIOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,017 Posts

Its fixed I had to factory reset.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Oh I had a similar case after the new update. I'm using iPad mini retina I'll try all ur recommendations. Thank you,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ladyjm View Post
    Oh I had a similar case after the new update. I'm using iPad mini retina I'll try all ur recommendations. Thank you,
    If all else fails then try factory reset.
    XORRIOR