Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Elondrain Mythic Gun is bugged :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1755871
    Quote Originally Posted by Bless View Post
    If you want you can see mages like Dirtyarry in 1v1 action and he stuns most of the time.
    Samael

If you can't afford this one pet, might as well not bother with end game PvP.
    Have you tried an equally geared rogue that wears something other than a samael? I think you're missing out on gear eric.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Rogues have enormous dodge. Everyone on this forum seems to say that you cannot dodge skills, but my experience in game tells me something completely different.

Just today I was "testing" this theory against an end game rogue with max gear (elondrian bow, arcane ring, etc.), and in 5 fights in a row, I failed to stun this rogue even once. I started every fight with a charge fireball (I have all 5 fireball upgrades) and then used slag panic. All 5 times both stun attempts failed and I was dead before fireball cooled down to try it again.

The only thing sorcerers have going for them is the 2 seconds of immunity from shield. Aside from that, the actual shield damage reduction that comes after those 2 seconds is pretty useless and you are dead within 2-3 seconds against a good rogue. Warriors take longer to kill you, but you cannot kill them even if they don't fight back as they can heal faster than you can cause damage.

The best way to have a positive KDR if you are a sorcerer is to stay way back and shoot from a distance and try to get a few kills before the rogues break through and take you out. Either than or farm other sorcerers. 1 vs 1 against well geared pro rogues and warriors is no competition at all.
    I totally agree with you, if u think about it we have shield rmor and gun armor and we still very easly killed, not to mention the annoying over time cooldown for fireball and shield, they both need to reduce their cooldowns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rare View Post
    I'm not much of a pvper, but this seems like a huuuuuuge advantage for rogues.
    Yes it is.. but ... your not much of pvp player !!! XD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ihateppl View Post
    Hakooms SIG makes me feel uncomfortable, and a little turned on I admit.
    Thanks jon, job well done on the sig

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

It's very simple..... You win in PvP by depleting your opponent's health faster than they can deplete yours...

In the case of sorcerer vs rogue, we have lower armor, similar health, lower dodge, lower damage, lower crit, and longer cool-downs for our skills.

As a result of this, we have to land twice as many blows to win a fight against an equally geared rogue. In seasons 2-4, our advantage was that we could stun rogues, while they did not really have an effective consistent way to stun us. So by stunning, we can land more blows and sometimes win the fight.

Now in season 6, we actually get stunned more than we stun. So there is no way to win a fight against a rogue unless you have much better gear than they do.

As for warriors, it's very simple.... A sorcerer cannot cause enough damage to kill an equally geared warrior even if the warrior does not fight back. If the warrior just stands in the same spot and uses HOR and Juggernaut only, he will heal faster than a similarly geared sorcerer can cause damage. So if the sorcerer consistently causes stuns and plays the fight perfect, at best it will be a stalemate. Otherwise the warrior will eventually win.

The few sorcerers who are good at 1 vs 1 have max gear and they win fights against opponents who are not as well geared as they are. Other than that, sorcerers are little more than a support class, and are not made for 1 vs. 1. In clashes we are useful because we have lots of AoE skills which work good on groups. So in a clash, if the warrior does a good job at protecting us and tanking well, then overall we can hit for the most damage considering AoE damage applied and damage from curse.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-29-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Have you tried an equally geared rogue that wears something other than a samael? I think you're missing out on gear eric.
    Bless, a couple days ago I was 1 shot by a rogue using all Tarlok gear, exp bow and malison pet. I had on arcane ring, wild amulet of brut and full mythic set+samael.

Do you think this is fair? Do you realize that when mages shield is gone we are weak blue frogs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

As a result of this, we have to land twice as many blows to win a fight against an equally geared rogue. In seasons 2-4, our advantage was that we could stun rogues, while they did not really have an effective consistent way to stun us. So by stunning, we can land more blows and sometimes win the fight.
    Last I checked, you were using Slag. You need at least one of two things to beat a rogue. Stun (panic) and crit. Slag's AA is unreliable and he gives gives absolutely no crit at all. You can't win using Slag, it's a worthless pet in 1v1's. If you don't have enough gold for Samael (who gives high crit and has a reliable panic AA as well as passive panic), I would just sell your Kershal or mythic gun, whatever you have, and buy Samael. You're better off with Samael and an Expedition Rifle than Slag (in your case) and a mythic gun.

As for warriors, it's very simple.... A sorcerer cannot cause enough damage to kill an equally geared warrior even if the warrior does not fight back. If the warrior just stands in the same spot and uses HOR and Juggernaut only, he will heal faster than a similarly geared sorcerer can cause damage. So if the sorcerer consistently causes stuns and plays the fight perfect, at best it will be a stalemate. Otherwise the warrior will eventually win.
    I (and any other experienced 1v1 mage) can prove you wrong on this one buddy.

The few sorcerers who are good at 1 vs 1 have max gear and they win fights against opponents who are not as well geared as they are. Other than that, sorcerers are little more than a support class, and are not made for 1 vs. 1. In clashes we are useful because we have lots of AoE skills which work good on groups. So in a clash, if the warrior does a good job at protecting us and tanking well, then overall we can hit for the most damage considering AoE damage applied and damage from curse.
    I disagree with you here. Sorcerers are more of a 1v1 class than they aren't a 1v1 class. Against arcane ring/mythic bow rogues, the ideal build would be fire, ice, lightning, and shield. 2/3 of these offensive skills are single target (ice and lightning). Note: single target. For you, I'd just stop whatever you're doing (because there's obviously something wrong) and try something else. Idk man, but all the other people I helped found themselves rather successful in vsing... but what can I say... it's not the racket, it's the guy behind the racket that makes the difference.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    242 Posts

curse is the only thing that brought me to warmonger. Took me a year (bad ping).

>->->-> Oldest & Finest German Guild in AL -- A Legend itself <-<-<-<
    Tipps, Tricks, Guides und mehr ---> heldenvonheute.forumatic.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Not the gun proc.
    are you sure about it? charged razor removes root its in the skill description, and 2 rogue told me already that it works against gun proc.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I can generally kill same geared rogues and warriors with magma claymores and mythics (without sam - stunlocking warriors, smh). If you need help in 1v1s hmu IG eric, I can give you a good build vs rogues.

The mythic gun is the best thing that ever happened to mages besides the shield buff...the damage is great, procs are amazing - if you know how to do it, PvP isn't as hard (with full mythics) as it was the previous season.

BTW - my build doesn't include 3 attack skills. I lack the crit and damage necessary, so I make do with curse. Again, PM me if you need help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    BTW - my build doesn't include 3 attack skills. I lack the crit and damage necessary, so I make do with curse. Again, PM me if you need help.
    You won't be able to kill arcane ring/mythic bow/samael rogues with curse, js. It's not as effective as another offensive skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Dodging a fireball stun is much rarer than 45% dodge would let someone outside PvP believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Dodging a fireball stun is much rarer than 45% dodge would let someone outside PvP believe.
    I can attest. In all of my 1v1 career, I honestly never seen a rogue dodge the first fireball stun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    I can attest. In all of my 1v1 career, I honestly never seen a rogue dodge the first fireball stun.
    There have been situations where rogues with over 45% dodge have clearly been unaffected so either hit% has something to do with it (eg. below 45% dodge the hit% ensures there's always a stun) or since the occurences are so few, perhaps the fireballs were not charged.

Care to test this later?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Id hate to say this..but for once i agree with instanthumor...he knows what hes talking about....i eat 90 percent of rogues for dinner...and now with gun 90 perceny of claymores fall also

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    There have been situations where rogues with over 45% dodge have clearly been unaffected so either hit% has something to do with it (eg. below 45% dodge the hit% ensures there's always a stun) or since the occurences are so few, perhaps the fireballs were not charged.

Care to test this later?
    If you have a mage you're willing to level up to any one of my twink levels... Sure

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

If you have a mage you're willing to level up to any one of my twink levels... Sure
    Or... If you have a rogue I can borrow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

This shouldn't take long, skills are not affected by gear so worst case we can try this with L5's. This needs to be cleared out; people are running around claiming rogues dodge stuns and panic/terrify AA's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Check the armor progression of damage reduction. Its heavily artificial for warrior with multiple plateaus.

Use a similar method to what I used on the mob scaling thread awhile back. It will take you several hours, but will tell you immediately if the proc is glitched.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Well, against a fully geared end game rogue yesterday they dodged every single one I threw at them. When I asked her what she was doing to dodge it, she said "I countered it", and when I asked what that meant, she wouldn't answer. But it clearly wasn't working for me, and this is NOT the first time this has happened to me. I have all 5 upgrades to Fireball and I do know how to charge a skill.

Somehow I manage to keep a positive KDR, but just barely (this season probably 12 kills for every 10 deaths), and I attribute this to me having better gear than most players. But if I was to go into CTF in a pro players room with everyone geared with samael and arcane rings, then I wouldn't win a single battle. In Season 4 I had a 4/1 KDR and made all the PvP leaderboards. I'm not doing anything different than I did in season 4, but the stuns just don't work like they used to. In season 4, Fireball followed by Slag's panic was almost an automatic win against a rogue. Now I'm lucky if even one of those 2 stuns works. So either STS made changes to those stuns, or else I would attribute it to rogues having higher dodge now.

Also, I'm unable to do well in CTF in general as the CTF arena is more suited to rogues and warriors. Sorcerers need more open space to kite the enemy and utilize the rifle's range, and you just don't get that in CTF. I do much much better in TDM where my KDR is double that of CTF. We really need some more PvP arenas, perhaps something in between CTF & TDM, like a more open space than the CTF arena, but not as open as Trulle's Forest.

As for whether the increased armor of the rifle is working, it's hard to say as I now have much higher armor with new gear than I previously had. I do notice I survive longer in clashes, but that could be due to the Ancient Druid armor with the Wild Talisman amulet. Between both of them my armor is about 250 more than it used to be, so that could be the difference and not the rifle. I'm really not sure and haven't tested enough. I'm assuming that since we now see the actual stats on the stat page, that the rifle's armor proc does work since I do notice it on the stat page. But no, it is not going to stop you from being one-shot by a rogue. I think you need 1800+ armor and/or 5000+ health for that. Realize that warriors that have 7000+ health and 2000+ armor can be taken down by a rogue with 2-3 good hits.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 07-30-2014 at 05:55 PM.