Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We will never get buffed in pvp. :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Caabatric View Post
    Meh. Every Mage that is a legend. This could take a while lol.
    Haha.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Mage lightning crit 250% skill addon should stack crit like rogues aim shot does. And i think int should scale mage crit too and not dex. Idk that would give my mage an edge for pvp. My mage is weak without crit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

My personal Thoughts:
    1. Our shield should have deflect damage purpose when cast and lower CD time
    4. Elon rifle needs to have a 100% charge process chance (roots) as per bulwark curse 100% upon charge weapon
    5. lightning AOE yes ... it is useless now in new map it doesn't AOE unless the mobs are dying. Critical chance increase to 50%

"ice" skill should be root in PVP too not being nerf

Kershal should be buff further on charge skill to do more damage and protect (heals) caster from damage comes from rogues 1 shot combo kill (doesn't kershal circle effect is the same as bulwark? It should heal the caster too upon random process)
    Last edited by will0; 09-24-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    I was going against the grain before by saying that the mage did not need to be buffed. I totally changed my mind because of a post I read by someone (which I can't find the post now). This person was right, we're always complaining that the Bulwark or this or that is OP. Next week it will be a different weapon that comes out and we'll complain that it's OP also. These new weapons should continue to be better than the previous ones. Think about it, why shouldn't the Bulwark be better than the Glaive from last season? Why shouldn't it be better than the Maul (which got nerfed today btw)?

I am going to retract everything that I previously said in this thread and I suggest the following changes:

1) Shorten the cool down time of the shield by at least 10 seconds.
    2) Change the multiplier on the shield so that it doesn't break so easily. Rogues hitting us hard before was bad enough but now warriors are hitting pretty hard and our shields are breaking easily.
    3) Increase our damage output by 10% or more. Sometimes it takes too long to kill a rogue (or warrior especially) and by the time they're nearly dead, someone else will come along and make it 2v1. This happens pretty frequently and by the time the other person has joined, our shield is about to come down, pet is on cool down and our hp is less than 50%.
    4) Warriors were mainly having a hard time fighting rogues before but skilled warriors were crushing most mages. I can see why they needed a buff. However, buff our elondrian rifle so that the shield buff on it grants immunity to bulwark curse. Believe me, warriors did not need this leg up on mages.
    5) Last but not least (and my favorite suggestion) make the electrical discharge on lighting happen all of the time in PvP. We're an AOE class, so why should our best skill be the one to be limited to single target? There's a 20% chance (in a 4v4) or 50% chance (in a vs) that the troll takes this hit, which I think is weak. This would help us fight multiple warriors too. It wouldn't weaken mages who are fighting against each other because of suggestions #1 & 2.
    This.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    My personal Thoughts:
    1. Our shield should have deflect damage purpose when cast and lower CD time
    4. Elon rifle needs to have a 100% charge process chance (roots) as per bulwark curse 100% upon charge weapon
    5. lightning AOE yes ... it is useless now in new map it doesn't AOE unless the mobs are dying. Critical chance increase to 50%

"ice" skill should be root in PVP too not being nerf

Kershal should be buff further on charge skill to do more damage and protect (heals) caster from damage comes from rogues 1 shot combo kill (doesn't kershal circle effect is the same as bulwark? It should heal the caster too upon random process)
    Mages will be to op then...

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    I was going against the grain before by saying that the mage did not need to be buffed. I totally changed my mind because of a post I read by someone (which I can't find the post now). This person was right, we're always complaining that the Bulwark or this or that is OP. Next week it will be a different weapon that comes out and we'll complain that it's OP also. These new weapons should continue to be better than the previous ones. Think about it, why shouldn't the Bulwark be better than the Glaive from last season? Why shouldn't it be better than the Maul (which got nerfed today btw)?

I am going to retract everything that I previously said in this thread and I suggest the following changes:

1) Shorten the cool down time of the shield by at least 10 seconds.
    2) Change the multiplier on the shield so that it doesn't break so easily. Rogues hitting us hard before was bad enough but now warriors are hitting pretty hard and our shields are breaking easily.
    3) Increase our damage output by 10% or more. Sometimes it takes too long to kill a rogue (or warrior especially) and by the time they're nearly dead, someone else will come along and make it 2v1. This happens pretty frequently and by the time the other person has joined, our shield is about to come down, pet is on cool down and our hp is less than 50%.
    4) Warriors were mainly having a hard time fighting rogues before but skilled warriors were crushing most mages. I can see why they needed a buff. However, buff our elondrian rifle so that the shield buff on it grants immunity to bulwark curse. Believe me, warriors did not need this leg up on mages.
    5) Last but not least (and my favorite suggestion) make the electrical discharge on lighting happen all of the time in PvP. We're an AOE class, so why should our best skill be the one to be limited to single target? There's a 20% chance (in a 4v4) or 50% chance (in a vs) that the troll takes this hit, which I think is weak. This would help us fight multiple warriors too. It wouldn't weaken mages who are fighting against each other because of suggestions #1 & 2.

We definitely need a buff. You have made some good suggestions. I particularly like suggestions 4 and 5. I think they are very fair and need to be implemented. 1-3 may cause us to be OP in comparison to rogues. We don't have a real unbalance between the two classes at this point. Rogues can kill us if they charge auto, aim, sp and get some good damage. If we hit them with our charged fb first they are almost certainly dead. We could use a damage boost against warriors only though. Add 10-15% damage in all attacks that land on warriors only.

I've also seen people recommend mages be immune to movement impairment. I think that would work quite well. Rogues would still kill us with their insane damage bursts so it wouldn't really affect our current situation. Warriors on the other hand would now have to chase us down. Sure they have a couple of skills to close the distance but we will take off running immediately. I think this immunity would go a long way to closing the class gap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I see alot of posts about changing gear to do this or that. Gear comes and goes. Don't you guys think the focus of changes should be on inherent talents, not pieces of equipement?
    Last edited by Stoba; 09-25-2014 at 08:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stoba View Post
    I see alot of posts about changing gear to do this or that. Gear comes and goes. Don't you guys think the focus of changes should be on inherent talents, not pieces of equipement?
    You want to buff mages in a way that it won't impact endgame (level of balance is different), and gear is one way to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lmao go endgame vs warior with ring+bulwark and show me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I've seen several talented mages in pvp, but none of the them in the Top 20 PvP Kills. This is proof that mage need improvement.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. I'd love to hear your suggestions on this. What kind of buffs would you add to mages in PvP to help them along a bit? Let's keep the discussion constructive and productive and It'll give me something concrete to pass along to the devs. Just a simple "Buff mages" is a little vague to act on. What do those little blue guys need to give them a fighting chance?

Gather some players who agree whith u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Although the Elon Nerf IS a slap in the face, given how long it took to fix issues like the Maul, lets not forget that the real issue here is one of Skill/Health/Armor mechanics. Specific gear is not the cause, nor the fix for our class weakness.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nesox For This Useful Post:

Are you a stalker? Awesomeness: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Now at 9th page and still counting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The nerf is a hoax. It still works just fine in game so root away and shhh!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Mages should be given the following upgrades:

+Dmg Buff So we Can kill Rogue and Warrior too
    * And some armor so we have a chance at surviving Rogues Storm Shot and Warriors Auto Sword Swing Thing.

*~
    At the moment we have only rubber bullets which is only effective in PVE.
    And plastic sheeting around us.
    Last edited by Soulcentral; 09-27-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    Mm Check Out My New Site SoulCentral.Com.Eu.Interwebz.Mos [:] Crafting Beef Jerky And Elite Harvesters Since |2008|. <> RTLALATEOTV (ARamSong!)http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RamASong

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Soulcentral For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soulcentral View Post

* And some armor so we have a chance at surviving Rogues Storm Shot and Warriors Auto Sword Swing Thing.

*~
    This guy usually talks nonsense but I'm with him on this one
    PL:Sharkknife (77 bird in <Rated M>), Ubertwink (Bes 56 in <FFA>/PL Minuteman, Wrathfuluber (One Of The Last 1st Gen Wrathfuls)||| AL: Depend-46 (proud member of <Mag(nub)num>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

*~
    Lol we are told we can harness the "magic" of arlor

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

*~
    I don't think we cant survive Rogue's storm shot(I don't even think Rogues use that skill on PVP), what we can't survive however is the insane crit from Aimshot.
    The so called auto sword swing in warriors is Chest splitter skill, its really a problem because it is the strongest attack skill of warrior and it had a chance to cancel charged-up skill/attack.

21.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #159
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Hey guys!

We really want to hear all of your constructive feedback on the class balance, so please head over to this thread and let us know what you think: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Class-Balance
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    248 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arpluvial View Post
    Hey guys!

We really want to hear all of your constructive feedback on the class balance, so please head over to this thread and let us know what you think: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Class-Balance
    Thanks! Request to close thread then.