Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We will never get buffed in pvp. :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I heard that on 31-32 lvl sorcs are OP because of that mythic gun. But I don't believe in it a lot because of maulers...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Im 32 mage and I can say that mages in this range is pretty good but still the weakest... Sometimes I can kill rogues easy sometimes no, depends on slag panic. Most tanks is easy too except mauls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    Thanks, zwapper. Most of the seasoned sorcs here in twink PVP have that idea with few tweeks of there own. But it still doesn't change that if a vorpal sword procs even your most impressive tactics will fail, and that is only vorpal. Storm sword / Devourer gives +25 STR, now with VB's +50 STR where on earth is a sorc with armor half of the warrior's be? On the spawn point again-and-again.

My point is,
    Sorc-to-kill-warrior: You do this, and that and blah, blah, blah...so on and so for.
    Warrior-to-kill-sorc: Me see papa smurf! Me smash! Me kill!
    That simple? But anyway your strategy is not so different from all of us, we even used samael instead of slag/colton/orion/dova/gyrm/clyde/crawly/ethyl/glacian/abaddon/singe. Yet the unbalance is still keeping us as underdogs.

You have good tactics here.

* use all out damage skill (what do you mean? Fire-light-gale-ice? Thats suicide, Shield is a must, heal and curse are optional)
    * use slag or colton (already tried, same outcome)
    * make sure that you have the highest possible damage that you can have on your bracket (Highiest damage = weaker shield, Stronger shield = lower damage)
    * use gear that can give you descent number of armor without sacrificing a huge amount of damage (What happened to your #2 tactic about "highiest possible damage"?)
    * keep an eye on your damage inflicted, and unleash your stunlock combo. (right timing of a stun is your key to success) ^_^ (Can't argue with this, its the basic on all PVP toons)
    * keep your distance against warr. (Yeah as if you can do that with a samael/slag/crawly/ethyl+axe throw warrior)
    * make use of your environment and turning it as your advantage point. (Thats cool, when its 5v5 not in 1v1)

* the reason why i never detailed my post is bcoz, if you will show everything to your opponent they will probably know how to counter your build. If youre experienced mage for sure you knew already that without shield mages are nothing
    * and for the highest possible damage and descent number of armor. it depends on how your opponent play. if i dont have heal on my skill build then i will use gear that will give me good amount of armor. if i prefer to use pet with passive stun then i will use highest damage and heal on my skill to back up my squishy armor.
    * using curse build is not good for warrior bcoz of their jugg (im not familiar with warrior skill, i think this skill can counter curse)
    * one good example of using your environment as your advantage point is that tdm map. i usually use trulle when im having a vs with warrior that is higher than my lvl or those who are using samael. and using a blindspot while im waiting for my shield or slag cd.
    ZWAPPER
    Strengthen by defeat

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

IMO, L41 is the best level for a mage to play. If you're maxed out, you can kill most warriors (no arcane ring ofc - class balance counts for something), not to mention rogues. Mage vs mage is dependant on gear n a small amount of skill.

Anyway I'd recommend not going full damage. Think of it this way. Warriors can get themselves to full HP with a heal as well as get 2 seconds invulnerability. You get neither. Even a rogue wouldn't fight a warrior with 4 attack skills, right?

Fire lightning shield heal is the build I'd recommend with a stun/panic pet. You could go the skill switching way with fire light shield ice heal (swap one attack preferably ice to heal once you pop shield). For more advice catch me IG or forum pm me, I use a method of fighting warrs which I don't want to get out too much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

idk about others build, but 3 attack skill works perfectly to me even without switching and healing. But of course, it depends on my stun/pet stun. But most of the time i have no prob doing pvp on lvl 26 bracket with warriors. (with 309 damage)
    ZWAPPER
    Strengthen by defeat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    Some do all the time, lol.
    Rage quit

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

ss of a result of what ive mentioned (tactic) on my previous post... though, they are not that good, but still 2v1 is hard to handle if you're a mage.
    Yet on that ss you'll see how i handle them even without using heal....

after that 5-1 result they quit and run away and another warr came but chose to be on my team

Name:  ss gang.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  430.3 KB
    Last edited by zwapper; 08-17-2014 at 06:17 AM.
    ZWAPPER
    Strengthen by defeat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rogues underpowered in pvp , aimed shot takes too much time to load again...i can shoot faster from real bow , sts please make instant shots from bow , like sentry gun maybe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by afallen View Post
    Rogues underpowered in pvp , aimed shot takes too much time to load again...i can shoot faster from real bow , sts please make instant shots from bow , like sentry gun maybe
    Either i didn't understand you but i think you're saying rogues cant kill any class. this is too funny rogue aim shot ko's mage unless shield is up. haha so under powered. I mean lets get rid of the mage shield so they don't stand a chance right. they shouldn't be able to take 3 of my shots. Also lets heavily nerf their health and armor i mean its already worst in game. ONce a tank can ko them then there will be class balance. Also lets buff rogues so the aim shot can be shot every 3 sec so even tanks don't have a chance. Haha. best idea ever

Either you dont have gear or build or you are complete noob.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Lmao this made my day DDD jeez u know what? Mages are magic class and our skills cd is longer than rogues... U think its fair?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

funniest post i seen in weeks and this thread is for mages and not rogues

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey whats your skills and what's your damage at lvl 26 because im really having trouble to kill in pvp

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #33
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,906 Posts

Hey guys. I'd love to hear your suggestions on this. What kind of buffs would you add to mages in PvP to help them along a bit? Let's keep the discussion constructive and productive and It'll give me something concrete to pass along to the devs. Just a simple "Buff mages" is a little vague to act on. What do those little blue guys need to give them a fighting chance?
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Hey guys. I'd love to hear your suggestions on this. What kind of buffs would you add to mages in PvP to help them along a bit? Let's keep the discussion constructive and productive and It'll give me something concrete to pass along to the devs. Just a simple "Buff mages" is a little vague to act on. What do those little blue guys need to give them a fighting chance?
    1. Shorter heal cooldown
    2. Little longer shield
    3. 5-10% armor buff in pvp since warrs get 5% dmg in ctf

theres some

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Saribeau For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Idk how you can buff mages at this point without making them overpowered at endgame; the current Elondrian gun owners can verify that they can now kill a similarly geared rogue with little to moderate difficulty and finally have real chances against warriors. It seemed like the latest mythic weapons batch was made to balance pvp instead of actual dmg/HP scalar changes or skills adjustments. The result is that while they're doing pretty fine atm at L41, at lower levels they don't have enough skill points to spec for both the firepower and survivability needed to compete, at least on 1v1's.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saribeau View Post
    1. Shorter heal cooldown
    2. Little longer shield

theres some
    Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Idk how you can buff mages at this point without making them overpowered at endgame; the current Elondrian gun owners can verify that they can now kill a similarly geared rogue with little to moderate difficulty and finally have real chances against warriors. It seemed like the latest mythic weapons batch was made to balance pvp instead of actual dmg/HP scalar changes or skills adjustments. The result is that while they're doing pretty fine atm at L41, at lower levels they don't have enough skill points to spec for both the firepower and survivability needed to compete, at least on 1v1's.
    valid point....noted...

*all buff ideas lvl 40 down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Saribeau View Post
    1. Shorter heal cooldown
    2. Little longer shield

theres some
    Heal without shield is nothing, so i would say do stronger and longer shield.
    Armor buff would be useless, we still will be one hit K.O.
    Dmg buff in tdm
    Lower skills cooldowns or do that Fireball stun is ALWAYS 2s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Also another notice, earlier I was able to tank and handle even 3 rogues dmg with shield, now I am simply food, my shield can't even stay 5second fighting with 2 rogues... So I would like to see veeery huge buff on shield. Actually I don't enjoy playing mage class at all at the moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

i just notice, almost all sorc skills are available in other toons. shield can be acquired by rouge even warriors they have shield also. stun, all three toons can do stun locking.
    even reflect damage can be acquire by warriors. while rouges have distinctive skills like. they can crit like crazy and warriors has the highest armor in AL.
    -rouges known for CRITS
    -warriors known for armor, heal buff
    -sorcerer known for being dummy of those lazy LB banner holder...

Can you guys create any distinctive skill for sorcerer that is exclusively sorcs only!!!
    ZWAPPER
    Strengthen by defeat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zwapper View Post
    i just notice, almost all sorc skills are available in other toons. shield can be acquired by rouge even warriors they have shield also. stun, all three toons can do stun locking.
    even reflect damage can be acquire by warriors. while rouges have distinctive skills like. they can crit like crazy and warriors has the highest armor in AL.
    -rouges known for CRITS
    -warriors known for armor, heal buff
    -sorcerer known for being dummy of those lazy LB banner holder...

Can you guys create any distinctive skill for sorcerer that is exclusively sorcs only!!!
    Naaa Zwapper mages known as rogues mana healers...