Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We will never get buffed in pvp. :(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Recently I found out that shadow piercer ignores curse. Yeah, weak mage becomes even weaker with an inability to defeat their only defeatable opponent.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Recently I found out that shadow piercer ignores curse. Yeah, weak mage becomes even weaker with an inability to defeat their only defeatable opponent.
    You will never ever get a good rogue down 1on1 with curse as 1 of your 4 skills, this is for sure!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    You will never ever get a good rogue down 1on1 with curse as 1 of your 4 skills, this is for sure!
    Yes, because they use only piercer while cursed, so it has almost no effect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Really? Again with suggesting that roots from time shift and frost bolt work on PvP?

1. First of all, it'd be ridiculously overpowered to throw a skill with 100% chance to root an opponent -- and much more four or five of them! -- in place for 6-10 seconds; that's longer than the fight itself.
    2. Secondly, even if those root durations were reduced to something reasonable like two-second roots, you are still not going anywhere since the fireball stun would become useless because roots don't stack over stuns.

So what exactly you're hoping to achieve with this suggestion, I do not know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Really? Again with suggesting that roots from time shift and frost bolt work on PvP?

1. First of all, it'd be ridiculously overpowered to throw a skill with 100% chance to root an opponent -- and much more four or five of them! -- in place for 6-10 seconds; that's longer than the fight itself.
    2. Secondly, even if those root durations were reduced to something reasonable like two-second roots, you are still not going anywhere since the fireball stun would become useless because roots don't stack over stuns.

So what exactly you're hoping to achieve with this suggestion, I do not know.
    1) Wrong because other classes have abilities which can counter rooting/frozen or can be strengthened to either resist or have a chance to resist these effects. Also you can limit the number of targets as is done with many spells.
    2) Wrong again because this could be changed if they wanted to. And with rooting, you can still attack and aren't stunned. So you aren't being stun locked and can still cast spells. Also your arguments are entirely nonsensical first its OP in point #1 then its useless in point #2. Which is it?

Everything can be balanced without just taking away our only defenses. But its just easier for them to remove what they don't like instead of trying to balance and counter-balance skills against others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by falmear View Post
    Everything can be balanced without just taking away our only defenses. But its just easier for them to remove what they don't like instead of trying to balance and counter-balance skills against others.
    He's not completely wrong, just partially. Why? Those arguments are made based on your quote. I'm sure we all know how STG does things so realistic suggestions are suggested - something that the developers would jump for.

That being said, I wouldn't mind giving sorcerer's their roots back provided that Razor Shield was fixed to work properly. Of course, this is just a pipe dream.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-26-2014 at 01:46 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

And if you want any further evidence of how out of touch the devs are you can see in this video here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...Arcane-Legends!

The dev is using shield + life giver in the new arena. First off no serious mage uses life giver in PvE and more importantly in a boss fight. Going with 2 attack spells in a boss fight is a recipe for slow kills. Boss fights tend to be closer to one hit kills, for a mage and even rogues. So lifegiver is utterly useless here so to even use it shows to me they are out of touch. And watching this video I could write about a dozen other things about tactics used here. The guy has crystal and he turns around and runs into the crystal that spawns behind him?? Watch the video at 2:05. Also you can see him charging skills against a boss which effect don't even work. Now apply this to PvP.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to falmear For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The single quickest and easiest fix sts could do is bring down the shield cooldown to 20 seconds and pvp becomes a lot more easier for mages. Considering that the shield lasts only 10 seconds AT MOST ( more likely 5-8 seconds in most cases) 20 seconds cd is reasonable so that we wont be a sitting/running duck for too long after shield drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

i hardly login to AL nowadays kind of bored playing and do not want to spend more plat, i do agree with shorter CD for shield and it should absorb 100% damage for 2-4 sec and not break so easily. Mage Heal should be improve (with buff defense) with lower CD rate too.

Lighting stun (low chance)/ lightning AOE (low chance) / lighting 250% crit (low chance), shield knockback (useless), ice doesn't root in PVP, FB reduce hit chance (low chance), and many of these skills needs to be charge in order to work (These needs to be review and look at and mostly seems redundant as many mages doesn't uses it)

Wind (i don't use it) cause is not useful skill and low in AOE damage / Curse is only good in PVP clashes but CD is way too long and reflect damage is not good and in PVE is uesless in my opinion.

These are just my own thoughts playing mage a few season.
    Last edited by will0; 08-26-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Robhawk

And if you want any further evidence of how out of touch the devs are you can see in this video here:

The dev is using shield + life giver in the new arena. First off no serious mage uses life giver in PvE and more importantly in a boss fight. Going with 2 attack spells in a boss fight is a recipe for slow kills. Boss fights tend to be closer to one hit kills, for a mage and even rogues. So lifegiver is utterly useless here so to even use it shows to me they are out of touch. And watching this video I could write about a dozen other things about tactics used here. The guy has crystal and he turns around and runs into the crystal that spawns behind him?? Watch the video at 2:05. Also you can see him charging skills against a boss which effect don't even work. Now apply this to PvP.
    There should be at least 1 pro player for each class at the devs office or they should take 1 smart player for each class out of the community as a competence team to discuss balance and do it right!
    There (STS) is no one playing the game... how do you want to know what is right and what not when you dont use your product "in real life"? This is like building cars and sell them but never drove them on a real street. Then you call the support and tell them that you lose your right front tire like every 200 miles and the support says: "Yes... we will look into this..." and the time passes by I bet the customers are very happy with a car like that!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 08-27-2014 at 01:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

At least he using pots, i see the improved gameplay since the 8-bit salute videos.

Really, devs please play with us daily on live server, its so much fun.. but not with 500.000 armor and lvl100 toons.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    At least he using pots, i see the improved gameplay since the 8-bit salute videos.

Really, devs please play with us daily on live server, its so much fun.. but not with 500.000 armor and lvl100 toons.
    Absolutely agree. If they want to make this game suitable for pro players, they should become pro players themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MoloToha View Post
    Absolutely agree. If they want to make this game suitable for pro players, they should become pro players themselves.
    Delph was pro :'(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

1) Wrong because other classes have abilities which can counter rooting/frozen or can be strengthened to either resist or have a chance to resist these effects. Also you can limit the number of targets as is done with many spells.
    2) Wrong again because this could be changed if they wanted to. And with rooting, you can still attack and aren't stunned. So you aren't being stun locked and can still cast spells. Also your arguments are entirely nonsensical first its OP in point #1 then its useless in point #2. Which is it?
    Secondly, even if those root durations were reduced to something reasonable like two-second roots..
    That's because I'm looking at the suggestion on two different phases; first hypothesizing that the root durations stay as they are in PvE and then -- if those are adjusted to the point the first argument does not hold true(1-2 secs) -- why they won't be any effective at all, in that scenario. Learn to read.
    Your only defenses? Hilarious. Say, have you ever taken a look at PvP maps? Team-play ring a bell? PvP maps as well as PvP skill-limitations were implemented to enable players to cooperate in order to win. You expect to waltz off on your own and kill a single-target class (be it high damage or high survivability) while your majority of skills is AoE, 100% of the times? And to think that this is already very much possible yet you are still here whining because it's not easy enough for you! Now that is nonsensical.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

You expect to waltz off on your own and kill a single-target class (be it high damage or high survivability) while your majority of skills is AoE, 100% of the times?
    Yes.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Instanthumor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

You expect to waltz off on your own and kill a single-target class (be it high damage or high survivability) while your majority of skills is AoE, 100% of the times?
    yes rogues and wars can do it why cant we.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Notice why I put "100% of the times"? Because you already can, in a fight on even grounds. If you don't, you're lacking either gear, experience or luck; in that exact order. Nothing STS can fix there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Notice why I put "100% of the times"? Because you already can, in a fight on even grounds. If you don't, you're lacking either gear, experience or luck; in that exact order. Nothing STS can fix there.
    maybe but when i am running around with charged shield rogue use aim shot when there not even on my screen so i dont have a shield up and i die. I have 4k health and about 1k armor and 400 dmg. (sure dmg low but i like being healthy) what am i supposed to be a warrior and have 6k health and 2k armor or something. Wars for me is just run till i find a rogue and hope we can kill him together or die unless they complete noob. Granted i am not pro but still most rogues kill me before i see them and i dont think i ping spike every single time a rogue kills me.

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Caabatric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

That's because I'm looking at the suggestion on two different phases; first hypothesizing that the root durations stay as they are in PvE and then -- if those are adjusted to the point the first argument does not hold true(1-2 secs) -- why they won't be any effective at all, in that scenario. Learn to read.

Your only defenses? Hilarious. Say, have you ever taken a look at PvP maps? Team-play ring a bell? PvP maps as well as PvP skill-limitations were implemented to enable players to cooperate in order to win. You expect to waltz off on your own and kill a single-target class (be it high damage or high survivability) while your majority of skills is AoE, 100% of the times? And to think that this is already very much possible yet you are still here whining because it's not easy enough for you! Now that is nonsensical.
    No the only hypothesizing you are doing is just anything negative that doesn't fit your narrow point of view. Mage is entirely a crowd control class with low armor. You nerf crowd control component then yes it leaves you almost defenseless. If you don't understand this maybe stick to playing a rogue since it seems to suit you better from what I saw of you in TDM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

My suggestion:

1) Lower cooldown on Shield and Lifegiver;
    2) Mana gain on uncharged lifegiver; and
    3) Higher crit chance on Lightning.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]