Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Can we PLEASE have some level 50 character advancement!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Can we PLEASE have some level 50 character advancement!

Ok, I have said things in other threads but I would REALLY like a comment on if some sort of content is being considered for those people who hit max level and get good gear.

At this point "getting the best gear" is the end game, and thats not very hard to do. So what is one to do once they hit 50 and get gear? PvP is a bit "one hit killish" and farming drops for gold means nothing because I already have all that I need. So, as any successful MMORPG has, can we have some sort of ongoing permanent advancement system?

Their are MANY way to do this...upgradable armor/weapons, giving + stats each XXXX amount of kills, hard repeatable quests that give stats, an advance achievement skill table to spend skill points on where you must unlock skills by doing certain things so we can spread our skill points out more.

At this point the only ways I can see to continue character advancement in this game is through stats or armor/weapon customization. Everyone already has almost every ability maxed out, so more skill points is useless. Their are some very easy ways(coding wise) to implement an ongoing system to make your character stronger, and some better ideas that would take some time to implement. One way or the other, this should only have to be done ONE time.

I know their are other threads that said that the devs only care about new players, but even if this is true, making 1 patch devoted to making the game continue to be fun and keeping level 50(or whatever the max level is at the time) playing the game in an investment too because the more max level characters you have when a new expansion comes out, the more money you make for people BUYING that expansion.

Most of these systems can be implemented without need to update each time the game changes. Just make something simple. I just need ONE reason to play. Right now I don't have one. Killing monsters just for the sake of killing monsters isnt enough. If I was trying to reach the next 1000 kill mark to get another +2 or +3 stat points, then I would be in there RIGHT now. Or if I was doing XXX to get a new ability to put points into(causing people to eventually purchase repspecs etc) then I would be playing. If I could make my character better by upgrading armor/weapons I would be playing right now but as it is their not a REASON to play.. theirs no goal. Its like.. why do extra credit if your already getting a 100% in the class.. you cant get higher than an A+.

Something.... ANYTHING..
    Longshire - 50 Dex Bird
    Twinkerhell - 20 Elf

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This should be in suggestions.

I honestly only read a bit of this, and there are SEVERAL suggestions like this.

They have intentions of raising the cap sometime soon(i'm not speaking this month, or even next month, or the month after that), and i'm sure they'll think about implementing something like this when the cap is higher.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Been suggested so many times before. Its all a great idea and all but by the time they get this done and implement it, we will be ready to unroll the new level cap. I'm sure once we get pets and housing we should be pretty busy. Remember were only like 1/4th through all the actual planned content. More like 1/10th if leveling gets really hard in higher dungeons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I dunno, there have been hints from both Cinco and G that the level cap may stay at 50. But G said something about crafting. Sounds like they may concentrate on endgame content without raising the level cap.

Could be one of Cinco's lies... But maybe not

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Been suggested so many times before. Its all a great idea and all but by the time they get this done and implement it, we will be ready to unroll the new level cap. I'm sure once we get pets and housing we should be pretty busy. Remember were only like 1/4th through all the actual planned content. More like 1/10th if leveling gets really hard in higher dungeons.

Thanks for repeating me. xD<3

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Cap will be raised. Unless Cinco was lying to me. Again.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Justg, any idea on when? I'm not asking for a date.

Next 6 months? Next 3 months? Next month? xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Unless you're lying now?
    Lol too many lies!!!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

JustG told me he hopes I end up being homeless. :/

I lied btw

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I dunno, there have been hints from both Cinco and G that the level cap may stay at 50. But G said something about crafting. Sounds like they may concentrate on endgame content without raising the level cap.

Could be one of Cinco's lies... But maybe not
    If so.. I might as well spend 800 plat on cat faces and quit.. *CoughhintcoughhintcoughhintcoughhintehemJustG*

Quote Originally Posted by Refriedchicken View Post
    Thanks for repeating me. xD<3
    lol no problem :P. Not repeated, Paralleled. I was writing before you posted >:P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

They don't raise the level cap unless they make a new campaign. We were 45 for a long time before we were 50. Then they said they wanted to finish the world before going on, which means Oasis Towne and quests. In April they said they had ideas to expand the game all the way to level 100. That mean 10 more campaigns, or 3 trilogies plus more, plus elite levels, plus more townes and quests. The game isn't even a year old.

Once the "Alterra Complete" project is done, I expect we will see more campaigns.

Meanwhile, ask yourself, is it true that being a clone of every other player with "elite gear" at level 50 really is what you want to call "the end". IMO, there is no end until they take down the servers. Check out my sig. This is how to be entertained for months while other leave because they have the mistaken notion of an "end game."

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Cinco promised me a hard core Porpoise would spawn in the Shadow Caves and if you killed him the whole party got shadow boxing gloves, so he is clearly not one to be believed. Of course, I may have just dreamed that, but my point remains valid.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    Cinco promised me a hard core Porpoise would spawn in the Shadow Caves and if you killed him the whole party got shadow boxing gloves, so he is clearly not one to be believed. Of course, I may have just dreamed that, but my point remains valid.
    Nope I was there! Witness! Cinco can't go back on his word now!

Senior Member MAGICAL POCKET LEGEND's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    ????????????????????????????
    Current Active account: Okaberintarou and Xranmourix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Meanwhile, ask yourself, is it true that being a clone of every other player with "elite gear" at level 50 really is what you want to call "the end". IMO, there is no end until they take down the servers. Check out my sig. This is how to be entertained for months while other leave because they have the mistaken notion of an "end game."
    Ive been playing MMOs since 1997 when I started playing Ultima Online. I do not want to rebuild new characters every time I finish one. If the game is to be complete, it needs something for people to do in the mean-time between expansions. If it is going to be 3+ months between expansions their needs to be something put in NOW, before the next campaign, that allows people to have a reason to play their characters they spent time and money on.

Even when they DO raise the cap, what then? Spend 5 hours grinding to 55. Go to market & buy new armor/weapon and/or farm bosses for drops I need. Either way, just like this expansion, it took me 30 seconds to get what I needed out of this elite dungeon. Now theirs no reason to run it. Ive seen it, I've got the armor and my character can get nothing else from it.

The reason I am posting this here is because in most game the suggestions forum gets over looked. Its there, people post stuff in it and just sits there. I have not logged into PL for about a week not for lack of reason. I made a 20 twink paly and (just like every other twink paly) i was tough, killed everyone but 1 hit kill bird combo. Thats ok every once in a while, but I would like to be able to advance my level 50 in some where. Not in level, or new gear.. but something thats ongoing, where everyone has to work to get there and not everyone in the game is maxed out in..
    Longshire - 50 Dex Bird
    Twinkerhell - 20 Elf

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just saw this. Lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Militaryman View Post
    To quote Katy Perry, "I kissed a girl and I... F***ING HATED IT!!!!!!!!!!!" she was pinching my elbow reaaaaaaly frigging hard
    Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    That's how I do it!!!!! Indians and Armenians ftw!!!!!! Everybody asks me how I solve math problems so fast lmao.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    They don't raise the level cap unless they make a new campaign. We were 45 for a long time before we were 50. Then they said they wanted to finish the world before going on, which means Oasis Towne and quests. In April they said they had ideas to expand the game all the way to level 100. That mean 10 more campaigns, or 3 trilogies plus more, plus elite levels, plus more townes and quests. The game isn't even a year old. Once the "Alterra Complete" project is done, I expect we will see more campaigns.

Reaching level 50 is not the "end," it's at the peak of that level, which is basically gettting the best gears, having more than money you can spend, and beating the final content.

Sure, making alts could be entertaining for some, but it gets old fast. If you read a book for the tenth time, it wont be as exciting or fun as the first time you read it. Why? Because there's nothing NEW. Why do you think a lot of people boost to 50 when they make alts (not naming anybody)?

I think you're the one who's confused, with all due respect.
    Last edited by ProSophist; 01-14-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    Anybody can sacrifice a queen. The real trick is getting away with it.