I mean really. Pinks and Purples are soo rare now, when one drops the other members of the group refuse to give it away. They cannot use this item, and may never will use it, but since it is a rare item they want to hold on to it forever.
It is stupid. The items drops are random to random people. You can solo (which is very annoying btw, but thats for another rant thread) but it is frustratingly boring and impractical.
Here is a little thing I thought of that would require no interaction by the players, something that a need or greed system would. Also you wouldn't have to worry about ninjas like with a need or greed system. It would go like this:
Rare/Legendary item drops.
- Dropped item requires 100 strength.
- Anyone in the group with 100 strength has priority to get the item
- If there are two or more people with 100 str then it would be random between the two.
- If a group member already has dropped item he or she is automatically passed for priority on the item.
- If all the group members who have meet the requirements for dropped item have it already then it would be passed to a random member of the entire group.
- For bosses, every group member gets an item, and everything would be the same for any item not pink or purple.
I am only suggesting this system for items dropped that are Rare or Legendary (pink and purple items) as I do not know how much of strain a system like this would have on our iDevices. It is just annoying when a great item drops, and some selfish group member gets it. Especially when said member refuses to trade for it unless you give the recipient of the item an arm and a leg for it.