Thread: Sorcerer gear, and stuff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Sorcerer gear, and stuff

So, for level 40 sorcerers, what gear is not overly expensive (like not over 500k) and performs OK in elites (including tindrin)?

And excluding tindrin, which elites give off the best loot to sell in CS?
    Thanks.

Oh, and BTW, for elites, what is the best build? I'm ok with 5 skills max.
    Thanks again.
    Pawning everyone in Hearthstone, Minecraft (well, kind of), HOC, COC, etc.
    Getting pawned by everyone in AL.
    IGN : Noobieblue, sorcerer. DIE WITCHES!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Hey well I'm a Mage and I cannot survive in elite tindirin, I am level 40 and it is too hard, you just need a good team. I use Ancient Druid of Brutality Set. It adds a health bonus so that's why I use it, helps with surviving in elite tindirin.

Elner [Level 40 Mage]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

At lv40 I would focus more on hitting lv41 before investing much. Also I would focus on grinding out that level rather than running elites, especially if you are running w/ lv41s. If you find you are fragile then I would focus on armour/health builds over pure dmg. I use less pots with Ancient Druid gear than my mythic armor. Specing life shards rather than glacial gems will help with an extra few hundred hp as well. I find that the lower dmg is not as much of a handicap as you would think as I am able to be more aggressive rather then kite which increases my effeciveness. Also you may be able to spec an extra offensive skill rather then shield which will speed things up as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    At lv40 I would focus more on hitting lv41 before investing much. Also I would focus on grinding out that level rather than running elites, especially if you are running w/ lv41s. If you find you are fragile then I would focus on armour/health builds over pure dmg. I use less pots with Ancient Druid gear than my mythic armor. Specing life shards rather than glacial gems will help with an extra few hundred hp as well. I find that the lower dmg is not as much of a handicap as you would think as I am able to be more aggressive rather then kite which increases my effeciveness. Also you may be able to spec an extra offensive skill rather then shield which will speed things up as well.
    I agree with this. Since getting my Druid of security set I haven't used my mythic set. I lose about 65 damage but gain 400 health and 200 armor which is a trade off I'm happy with.

My stats are 4k health, 500 damage and 1300 armor with the security set and elondorian gems. Compared with mythic which had 3600 health, 565 damage and 1100 armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nesox View Post
    Well I agree and don't agree, level 40 is a long way to 41. I'm pretty lazy so I wouldn't invest so much in trying to get to 41, but enjoy the stay at 40.

Elner [Level 40 Mage]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

On a limited budget, here is what I would do:

Expedition Rifle of Brutality
    Ancient Druid Helm of Security
    Ancient Druid Robe of Security
    Elondrian Fitness ring & amulet (the dex/int versions)

For build for pve elites, I would go with:

Skills: Fire (5/5), Ice (4/5 - no ice patch), Time (5/5), Shield (4/5 - no bump back)

Passives: INT (5/5), STR (5/5), Crit (5/5), Armor (5/5), Dex (1/5)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Right now i can hit 565dmg using perfect living robes of assault armour. Can someone compare upgraded mythic with it and tell me how much dmg i lose by not using mythic armour?