Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unrewarding time in the caves, drop rates horrible, gold sink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

REFRIED CHICKEN DEC AND 520 posts? OMG
    IGN: Skellerkrunch(50), Hawkrobin(50), Magiclegends(50), Oktal(45), Bladesword(45), mamccroc(35) Plothozz(30), Lechomp(20), Oktal (20), Monseiurlebow(20), Tharef(20), Smackolantern(19),

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You're all acting like whiny beggers at the moment.

Test, for the 5th time, I was being SARCASTIC when I tell people to quit.

When I was irate about the drop rate being 100%, everyone who responded negatively told me to quit if I don't like the game, thought you guys deserved a taste of your own medicine.

I find it hard to believe that you guys would cry for 5 pages about not being able to get a drop.

I'm not sure how to word this otherwise:

IT-IS-NOW-A-RARE-DROP.
    A
    RARE
    DROP

It's not meant to be common, get over it, stop your begging.

Edit: Once again, this has VERY little to do with me making money, I already have plenty of it-and it wouldn't change me even slightly if they all dropped to 20k each. I WANT this game to have rare items and drops, I WANT this game to have equipment not EVERYBODY has. I bought the majority of my items BEFORE the update, I saw a change coming. I've told SEVERAL people to invest into it, nobody listened, and now I'm the bad guy because I saw a merchanting opportunity and went for it? Shame on you, don't be full of envy, just think of other ways to make money.
    Last edited by Refriedchicken; 01-17-2011 at 09:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Hmmm put your money where your mouth is and sell your stockpile for 20k/piece (or maybe the price they were that first night) to people who weren't there to get any? Make a limit of one per person and have them somehow prove they got none.
    Just saying. If you're gonna say stuff like that, back it up. Or don't say it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Refriedchicken View Post
    You're all acting like whiny beggers at the moment.

Test, for the 5th time, I was being SARCASTIC when I tell people to quit.

When I was irate about the drop rate being 100%, everyone who responded negatively told me to quit if I don't like the game, thought you guys deserved a taste of your own medicine.

I find it hard to believe that you guys would cry for 5 pages about not being able to get a drop.

I'm not sure how to word this otherwise:

IT-IS-NOW-A-RARE-DROP.
    A
    RARE
    DROP

It's not meant to be common, get over it, stop your begging.

Edit: Once again, this has VERY little to do with me making money, I already have plenty of it-and it wouldn't change me even slightly if they all dropped to 20k each. I WANT this game to have rare items and drops, I WANT this game to have equipment not EVERYBODY has. I bought the majority of my items BEFORE the update, I saw a change coming. I've told SEVERAL people to invest into it, nobody listened, and now I'm the bad guy because I saw a merchanting opportunity and went for it? Shame on you, don't be full of envy, just think of other ways to make money.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why would I do that? Honestly.

All I'm saying is it has very little to do with my stockpile, I never said I'd sell for 20k, I said it wouldn't change me if the prices dropped that low.

Just FYI: I've given several pieces out for free.

Your argument is totally irrational dude.

That's like me saying since you guys want the drop to be common again, let me buy them at common prices.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I'm just saying, don't claim it means nothing to you if you're gonna hold onto the stockpile. Because it obviously does.
    I'm not saying you don't have a right to your stockpile, but unless you're gonna give it ALL away, don't claim it doesn't matter to you.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS: I'm in the process of selling away my stockpile anyway.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly, you're sounding like an idiot bro.

Your argument: IF IT DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING GIVE AWAY FREE STUFF.

All I'm saying is I have enough that it wouldn't change me any if the prices dropped. I'd still have enough money to outfit my characters, and buy plenty of rares.

Everyone has responded that I want it the way it is because I'll make money.

I'm selling my stockpile as we speak, I'm sure I could make PLENTY more, but I'm done holding onto it.

Yet, I still STRONGLY believe the drop rate should stay as it is.
    Last edited by Refriedchicken; 01-17-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Yay finally! Does that mean we can finally stop hearing about the stockpile?
    I think everyone (including me) is just tired of hearing about it.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm not even the one who mentions it 99% of the time, it's people whom are jealous they didn't take advantage of it, lol.

I'm sick of hearing it too, trust me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

One question though. On the last patch they changed the gold drop rates on the caves. Is it worth it or does it still suck?
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    One question though. On the last patch they changed the gold drop rates on the caves. Is it worth it or does it still suck?
    Suck. You barely notice change.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool

I'm not even the one who mentions it 99% of the time, it's people whom are jealous they didn't take advantage of it, lol.

I'm sick of hearing it too, trust me.
    I agree we have had our rant lets leave this guy to sell his stuff lol it not real money i for one do not envy you. its only a game lol

i make my peace with you refried

dont hate the playa hate the game lol
    ( But not pl)
    Tupaclegend lvl 62 Warrior
    proud member of C.O.T

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My Question: You made 45 runs in the caves?? Or Victory Lap. How did you manage to do 45 runs in one day? Also, did you not get any drops in Victory lap on the way?? You should have gotten something on the way that you could sell to get one of the new Elite items. Just farm something else and buy them.
    - OlliWalli: Level 56 Dual Stat Int/Str Mage [ ] OlliDaWalli: Level 55 Pure Dex Bird
    - OliTwinkNWali: Level 15 PvP Dex Bear

* Guild Member of AEO

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thugimmortal View Post
    I agree we have had our rant lets leave this guy to sell his stuff lol it not real money i for one do not envy you. its only a game lol

i make my peace with you refried

dont hate the playa hate the game lol
    ( But not pl)
    Agree with you. Refried, sarcastic or not you missed the point. I was saying the changes made the game a lot less fun, less rewarding and a lot of people complained. You were telling people you got lucky, smart, made tons of cash and to quit if they don't like it. It had nothing to do with you until you start explaining people how lucky you got and how much money you made.

I for one don't care about that, make 100X more if you can, but let others enjoy the game, by making suggestions in a suggestion thread ! And by others I mean the majority, not a small minority who got lucky.

I'm done with the subject now

ps. good luck with your sale, even if you told them the price are going up, when in fact they're going down, lol.

But I have to say, once the big stash of elites from players who got them are gone, prices will go up ! If the drop rate stay the same
    Last edited by testerx; 01-17-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ona View Post
    Well, I won't add to this argument.
    What I think is that the new gears are not so great (yes, I got to chance to have it all and also have the chance to compare with the older ones), except maybe for the shadows set.
    The shadow set is really much better imho. Especially in places where you want good armor, like the caves. There the staff sets (keeper and mirage) are pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemron View Post
    this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Suck. You barely notice change.
    I've also posted about this on the update thread. I'm very curious how ST is going to respond to the issue. I hope they don't consider the latest update (little more gold in shadow caves) as a real response.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
    On Facebook Spacetime asks us to get along a little better. Well, making some people who happened to be online at the right moment and piled up on shadow cave gear very suddenly very rich is bound to make people become jealous and act unkind.

I say ST should do what they can to heal this.

One way might be to devaluatie shadow cave pinks. Make them common again and introduce even better rare gear. Also make the set bonusses for the old best gear (cosmos) much better, so they fall between the shadow cave stuff and the new best gear. That way it will retain its value for all those that worked so hard to get it. And personally compensate those who spent a lot of money on shadow stuff. That would make almost everyone happy, except those that had gotten lucky. But they know the money they made off it was earned way too easy.

The better gear would also make shadow caves a little less hard and thus a little more accessible, but still challenging enough.

Playing shadow caves for a few hours earned some people a million of game gold.. Thats costs about 4000 platinum in the store, or 250$ hard cash. Somethings wrong there and its not just the plat/gold ratio.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Luck has nothing to do with it.

You have no idea what you're talking about if you think the price went down, lol.

lol, lower drop rates took the fun out of the game? What would have happened if it was 100%? You'd have -NOTHING- to do. Farming would be useless, gold with be pointless.

I'm glad you're done, because I'm done saying the same thing over and over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Luck has nothing to do with it.

You have no idea what you're talking about if you think the price went down, lol.

lol, lower drop rates took the fun out of the game? What would have happened if it was 100%? You'd have -NOTHING- to do. Farming would be useless, gold with be pointless
    So you also think that suddenly having all you could wish for and then some is a bad idea? Do you realize that means you agree that the few days of 100% pink drops were a bad idea. And since there should be something worth mining for, i proposed to introduce even better gear with a constant rare drop rate. Perhaps level 52 gear?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Just because the drop rate is too low now, doesn't mean the 100% drop rate was right either. They need to find a happy medium. So far we've only seen the two extremes.
    right now were on the opposite extreme of things. First it was 100% drop rate, now its 0% drop rate basically .

Cinco did say that he wants these items to be rare and desirable. I'm sure you will be more than willing to farm shadow caves if the gear is packing 1m+. The road it is on now is going to make these items eventually really rare, if there is no changes.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, I've seen drops there post-update, I've even gotten one myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

If caves are so damn hard to farm and drops aren't worth that much. Don't farm there. Let the price stabilize around 1M then. It's not too hard to get 50-60k gold in a day. If you farm well you can get 100k GOLD (not relying on pink drops) if you play for a couple of hours (more than a few hours). To farm and get a small, steady income is better than putting too much gold in pots and elixirs in Shadow Caves. The drops aren't worth that much. Power armor is still more expensive than most of the new armors. So leave the caves for now. Let some people get riddiculously rich. Find some way to introduce a gold sink that will make the really rich players a bit less rich, to give the gold back its value. Because having 25 Keeper armors worth 1M each is just BS.

1. Leave the caves
    2. Start a game in Plasma Pyramid
    3. Farm.
    4. Farm.
    5. Farm.
    6. Repeat 2-5
    7. Don't forget 6
    8. Buy the damn Glow Stick.